HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #21
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts
Default Re: horsepower welfare

Wouldn't it be a no brainer to roll the two together once the stock head HP meets or passes the replacement head HP?
GUMP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #22
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,789 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUMP View Post
Wouldn't it be a no brainer to roll the two together once the stock head HP meets or passes the replacement head HP?
And being a "no Brainer", the people doing this stuff should qualify for the job.

Mark, I just haven't figured out yet whether we're heading towards ET-2 or personal indexes.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #23
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Cool Re: horsepower welfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post

Mark, I just haven't figured out yet whether we're heading towards ET-2 or personal indexes.
Maybe in a year or two it will be like the NMCA national muscle car classes for stockers and the N/SS classes for S/S where they just have to look legal (kind of) with the 1/4 second spreads per class already listed. Car to slow on a particular weekend....just pick another et break and change the letter on the windows. That's how brackets started at Aquasco, Capitol, and other D,C area drag strips back before 1966. No tech except looks ?????? Its almost there now.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:29 AM   #24
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Talking Re: horsepower welfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
. NOW, somewhere along the line, the replacement head becomes it's OWN combo. THAT'S B.S.!
If the NHRA is going to do it that way then maybe they should consider a combo with a replacement intake manifold a different combo too!

By the sound of this, it's like IHRA was ahead of the times! Get what you can-muster and get it approved.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #25
Super Sport

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
Maybe in a year or two it will be like the NMCA national muscle car classes for stockers and the N/SS classes for S/S where they just have to look legal (kind of) with the 1/4 second spreads per class already listed. Car to slow on a particular weekend....just pick another et break and change the letter on the windows. That's how brackets started at Aquasco, Capitol, and other D,C area drag strips back before 1966. No tech except looks ?????? Its almost there now.
The brass in Glendora are probably waiting for the very few S/SS techmen that are left to retire. Then they can adopt the NMCA program and save money in the tech dept. Keep up the complaining and it may happen sooner than expected.
Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #26
Coleydog

Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts

Just like out west around 1900, cowboys sitting on their horses watching this 4 wheel noisy contraption riding around town saying to themselves that this thing will not last, it's just a fad, a new thing.
What I'm saying this is the future. NHRA already sees S/S and Stock as a waste of money, time and manpower, heck they're having a hard time keeping the "pro" classes together and these S/S-Ss are the low man on the pole. Worst case, I see NHRA rolling over like the other guys(AHRA-IHRA) where are you gonna race then? A Similar situation happened here last week. Local bowling alley closed doors with two days noticed, sold the building, all those leagues out in the cold nowhere to go, done. It's all about the bottom line. I'd love to see it stay the same as before but like Brad Pitt said, nothing lasts!
These people will make it easier and if that means no tech and stretched rules then that's what they'll do to stay alive.
IMO
Mike
Coleydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #27
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Smile Re: horsepower welfare

My thoughts and opinions
Local Stock and S/S Associations will be around maybe longer and the NMCA seems to be gaining popularity though they have a lot of weird classes now. They will run out of time to run a show and time trials. They will keep only those classes that bring in any spectators and a larger car count. I give it a few years.....but not many.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 01-09-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #28
X-TECH MAN
Banned

[QUOTE=X-TECH MAN;553321]My thoughts and opinions
Local Stock and S/S Associations will be around maybe longer and the NMCA seems to be gaining popularity though they have a lot of weird classes now. They will run out of time to run a show and time trials. They will keep only those classes that bring in any spectators and a larger car count. I give it a few years.....but not many.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #29
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Sorry for the double post.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #30
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,789 Times in 1,524 Posts

Ya know, in my lifetime, I've Class Raced (Stock and SS), I've Index Raced and I've Bracket Raced. I've been reasonably successful at all of them. I have said this on this web site more than once, Dear NHRA, if you don't want me doing this stuff anymore (Stock Eliminator Racing) then PLEASE let me know and I won't do it anymore. I'm absolutely positive that I can find someone else to give my hard earned money to.

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote