Old 04-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #61
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals Q&A

Class Eliminations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Joe Jackson View Post
I had already given that a thought Rob, but I'm waiting to get with Redman and Michael and see what works the best for Red's track. Keep you all guessing but we will let you know before Friday of the event.
I'd already talked to Redman yesterday, and anything's fine with him as long as we don't run all the stick classes back to back to back. We will work up a gameplan and publish the Class run order schedule. That being said, unless the racers are in perfect synchronization, the chances of running Class exactly in order are slim. We will generally start with the lower classes, but we're not going to create downtime just to make sure R/SA runs before Q/SA, for example.

CONTINGENCY & AWARDS

We've had a couple inquiries about finding contingency postings. Contingency and awards are found on Page 2 of the event flyer, available on www.looserocker.com. You can download the PDF version so you can zoom in to read the small print at http://looserocker.com/wp-content/up...ationals14.pdf

We've overloaded an 11"x17" flyer! Thanks so much to everyone for the huge outpouring of support!
Here's the updated event flyer with all the goods and goodies...

Last edited by Michael Beard; 04-19-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Michael Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #62
black88coupe

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

As a spectator I'm really looking forward to attending this race.
black88coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #63
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by black88coupe View Post
As a spectator I'm really looking forward to attending this race.
You and me both; I can hardly wait for May 2!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #64
Michael Beard
VIP Member

I've heard from spectators from Washington, Michigan, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia, and South Dakota that are making the trip, just off the top of my head. I heard that some area tourism meeting the other week had mentioned that they had a baseball tournament of some kind coming into the area that weekend, and they were finding that many hotels were already booked. "What could be going on that's taking up so many rooms...?"

If you're coming into the area to speckletate, there are a number of locations where you can pick up $5-off coupons. Check the Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals page on www.looserocker.com for listings.

Don't forget, if for some reason you can't possibly "BE THERE!", there will be a LIVE broadcast on www.motormaniatv.com (which is also archived!)
Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #65
thomas sheehan
Photographer

Liked 77 Times in 30 Posts

Michael... any thoughts to getting some FREE kids tickets to all the surrounding schools. It seems to work wonders for Norwalk.

It would pack the place.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #66
DrJRacing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Flying in from Minnesota to watch! Got our hotel rooms right when the dates were set.
DrJRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #67
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas sheehan View Post
Michael... any thoughts to getting some FREE kids tickets to all the surrounding schools. It seems to work wonders for Norwalk.

It would pack the place.
Kids 12 & under are free, and we have $5-off coupons at available at numerous locations. Since we are a track rental, we don't get concession sales, and we don't charge for parking, so we cannot benefit from a free ticket model in the way that others may. We're a 2-man show (1 is in NC), so just the time and manpower to handle such a distribution is outside of our scope, at least so far. We've been working on this show for 18 months, but there never seems to be enough time or resources to do everything you'd like. Thankfully, the groundwork has been laid so we can hot the ground running for 2015. To do it right, this event is really a full time job in itself. It's been a juggling act with my graphic design business.

You are right that there's more that needs to be done. We'll keep working on it, not only for this year but for next! Even today, I was working on some programs for 2015.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #68
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

Been planning on this event, but Nomad freshening is not going well....will be last minute.

Regardless I salute Michael and his efforts on behalf of the Stk SS community. I distinctly remember the "shots" Alex D endured for the first Class Nats, and the toll it took....probably a good reason it has taken so long for the second attempt.

How about we make some effort to thank Alex for his vision and Michael taking up the task, AND not bitching if every little thing is not to one's liking. Heck, NHRA has had 60 plus yrs and they are more messed up all the time

Thanks Alex
Thanks Michael
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #69
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Thank you so much, Randall, it means a great deal! It was an early and easy decision for us to honor Alex as our Grand Marshal, as he started this whole crazy train!

I've worked with or for numerous race tracks and promoters, a sanctioning body, have worked several different aspects of Bracket Finals events, and have been co-promoter of some successful big-money bracket race specialty events with my Loose Rocker partner Anthony Walton since 2011... but *I'm* shocked at just how much goes into this event! We've got our big money bracket races about down to a science, and had our biggest (399 entries) and smoothest race just over a month ago at Virginia Motorsports Park, but this is a totally different animal. While some research on this event was started as much as four years ago, the heavy planning has taken place over the last 18 months, and even that doesn't feel like enough!

One thing I can guarantee is that we will work as hard as we possibly can to make this event an incredibly fun family reunion with a whole lot of highly competitive racing. We will try to make everything operate as smooth, painless, and efficient as possible. As we've mentioned a few times, we'll need your help! Help us help you, and we'll have the World's Greatest Stock and Super Stock race. Will an inaugural event run perfectly? No. But when we do run into a snag, we'll address it as quickly and fairly as possible. Have an issue or catch something we've missed? Bring it to our attention! We're racers too, and we're here to work for you.

That's just the tip of the iceberg of STUFF for you guys! (except the fresh ATI converter, that's mine... and need to find time to install it, SOMEtime!) There's a mountain of Class Winner trophies in another room, and Anthony's got more goodies coming up with him from North Carolina.

We are simply WIDE OPEN, and come May, we hope you are too!
(Don't forget Early Parking courtesy of Nitro Joe and the Test n' Tune the track has added for Thursday, May 1! $50 to run from 1pm to 6pm. DETAILS: http://classracer.com/classforum/sho...=44467&page=60 )
Old 04-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #70
Dave1695

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

I didn't run the first Class Nats, but will certainly be at the second event! Mike, my son and I have been preparing for this event since we first read about it. In advance, thank you for all the work you have put into organizing this race. Will say it personally in a couple weeks!
Dave1695 is offline   Reply With Quote