HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-19-2016, 07:30 PM   #21
jim reynolds

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Is IHRA Going Under?

If that's the case, Dunn is a POS!!! I've supported them my whole life, even kept my SS engines conformed to their production rules...figures, I should've changed my stuff over to NHRA long ago! UnDAMNbelievable!!!
jim reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:00 PM   #22
ss wannabee

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Does this mean that the 2016 season is "Dunn" as well? Get it? Seriously folks, I was
looking at going to the Empire double event next month and wanted to ask the boss for
a couple days off...any hints about what happens for the rest of this season?
ss wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:28 PM   #23
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss wannabee View Post
Does this mean that the 2016 season is "Dunn" as well? Get it? Seriously folks, I was
looking at going to the Empire double event next month and wanted to ask the boss for
a couple days off...any hints about what happens for the rest of this season?
Everything I've seen and been told is that the 2016 season will finish as usual. Remember that Summit pays for all of it and I got to believe they are good for it. Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:10 PM   #24
larrylomascolo

Liked 64 Times in 28 Posts

And who would have thought at one time ihra was so close in the same strength as nhra ,,When this nitro jam bull crap was the demise of the format and tourn. of champ,,when ihra had the same format as nhra,it seemed the strongest,and i thought like others M.Dunn was the savior of sac. body ,he was there to pull the plug,This is sad for motorsports if this does happen .
larrylomascolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:39 AM   #25
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Wink Re: Is IHRA Going Under?

I spoke with a couple of Division Directors today. Apparently they aren't telling the guys in the field much. Josh Peake (D2 DD) says he has heard nothing about all this. But I asked him that if he were the company CEO, would he tell his workers 6 months ahead that they would not have a job Jan1, 2017. He said no and that he sees my point. This is the way it's done in the corporate world. They wait until Friday to tell the workers not to come in on Monday! I'm sure some of you reading this can relate.

Those of you who have not run with the IHRA and think this will not affect you, think again! We had a huge scare several years ago with NHRA, remember? This could initiate a domino effect with NHRA. Are you willing to gamble with it? I would ask that ALL racers get involved and do your own investigation on this situation. Call Mike Dunn (417) 660-4207 and ask him! Call Scooter Peaco (419) 660-4217 and ask him. I am only one person. If more of us called and showed concern maybe they would rethink this! It's worth a try! Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #26
goinbroke2

Liked 174 Times in 60 Posts

This is horrible and I hope there is a way forward as I've always liked IHRA better than NHRA. That said, this is my first week taking over a new maintenance shop and guess what, for a shop of mechanic's, nobody is into racing, most drive imports and they all enjoy demo derby's. Point being, those who appreciate competition or can appreciate hard work and dedication are quickly being replaced by mouth breathers who want to see carnage. A monster truck running over a car is more exciting to them than racing. The worst of it is, in talking to them yesterday (about this exactly) they could care less if the car being smashed was a corolla or a hemi cuda, it meant nothing. Zero appreciation, and this is MECHANIC'S! They might as well be repairing toasters as there is no "love" of things mechanical, just a job to make a paycheck.

(they call me a dinosaur and I look at it as a badge of honor compared to what they are)
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:35 AM   #27
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

two comments...

1. happy to see some have woken from their coma

2. America no longer has a car culture, Americans no longer have a love affair with cars and therefore Americans have no interest in car racing!
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #28
joespanova

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
two comments...

1. happy to see some have woken from their coma

2. America no longer has a car culture, Americans no longer have a love affair with cars and therefore Americans have no interest in car racing!
That's right...........
too many other distractions now. Social media ,video games , etc etc.
Never mind cars are so much more sophisticated and generally light years ahead of old muscle cars , the incentive to improve isn't there.
Its us "old guys" now.............and after we're gone...........?
joespanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #29
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

"American's don't have a love affair with cars" I beg to differ. Me and my family have been car dealers for over 60 years. And the new car business is selling just as many new cars as in the heyday and go ask Barrett- Jackson and Mecum auctions and all the other classic car auctions they have how business is. They're all doing great. On top of that that new car manufactures are in with both feet with the Cobra Jets, COPO and Drag Paks, The problem is the cost of racing is sky high and NHRA and Ihra have dropped the ball in promoting their type of racing. When Pinks All Out and Street Outlaws can get the type of following they have, Both HRA'S need to take note. It's not the LOVE that's gone!!. IMHO
BRETV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #30
Bill Koski

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It took a stone idiot to hire him so what chance did the association have after that?
By the way that's an IHRA buckle from when it was run in an acceptable manner!

Last edited by Bill Koski; 07-20-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Bill Koski is offline   Reply With Quote