HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-18-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
Joseph Teuton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dallas or Houston

Who wants to stay at Dallas or go to the mud bath for next weekends National? Let's hear what you have to say!

I say stay right where we are so it doesn't turn into a mud race rather than a drag race!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato
Default Re: Dallas or Houston

Go to Houston they have the circle track we can pit at.we have parked there before when it was wet.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 836 Times in 191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy pizzolato View Post
Go to Houston they have the circle track we can pit at.we have parked there before when it was wet.
All sold to RVs. They would not lose that revenue. Don't think that's an option.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #4
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

I was at the race that never happened for 4 days. 4 lost days of work, 4 wasted days, lots of money, stuck in the mud had to be pulled out. Never again.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts

I have friends and family that are going to houston. Hotel rooms booked and they are going to watch me and the pros. They arnt gonna come to Dallas. I wouldn't be happy if they wanted to race it in Dallas. Why am I gonna pay $310 to race in front of nobody? My sponsor wouldn't like that very much and I assume the contingency Sponsors wouldn't either. How about he pour some blacktop road down the back so we don't have to be in the mud? doesn't he own a paving company? The weather looks good from here on out. How long have we been paying entry fees and he hasn't done anything for our pits? I'll answer that, over 20 years. It's a dirt road. People who are coming to watch us have money invested in this already. Not everyone has a motorhome. They rented hotels already. People bought tickets already expecting their friends to be there. And now you want me to pay $310 and I can't even watch the pros?

Last edited by Hagen Gary; 04-18-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #6
Stephen Hughes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen Gary View Post
I have friends and family that are going to houston. Hotel rooms booked and they are going to watch me and the pros. They arnt gonna come to Dallas. I wouldn't be happy if they wanted to race it in Dallas. Why am I gonna pay $310 to race in front of nobody? My sponsor wouldn't like that very much and I assume the contingency Sponsors wouldn't either. How about he pour some blacktop road down the back so we don't have to be in the mud? doesn't he own a paving company? The weather looks good from here on out. How long have we been paying entry fees and he hasn't done anything for our pits? I'll answer that, over 20 years. It's a dirt road. People who are coming to watch us have money invested in this already. Not everyone has a motorhome. They rented hotels already. People bought tickets already expecting their friends to be there. And now you want me to pay $310 and I can't even watch the pros?
What he said ^^^. I don't run a lot of these, i'm just a backyard nhra racer, but i'm willing to pay that entry fee to race and watch the travelling circus once a year. Hrp's pit area is a joke for the sportsman guys, but it just shows who they are worried about when they dont do anything about it. They have added some drainage to the spectator parking lot though...gee thanks..
Stephen Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:36 PM   #7
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/gen...890&zoneid=175

Answer to your question!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #8
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

This motorhome is shaking all over the place. Really bad front coming through. I am not going to Houston if the race is done there. I am going home. I think my son Joey going to Houston. We are having water wings put on the camper. It is really shaking this 45000 lb monster around right now.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:46 PM   #9
Adub464Q

Liked 372 Times in 73 Posts

I'm not going either Mr. Jeff. I am not interested in sitting in the mud again and having to complete it on Monday or something else. The sensible thing to do would be to move it to Dallas, but since that is sensible, that is not an option as we know it!

Has anyone been asked for input? Isn't this what our sportsman advisory council is for?
Adub464Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 PM   #10
Joseph Teuton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Houston will be a mud mess! I am going because I managed to get a few rounds in Gainesville and hope to continue the luck. The good thing is I have a HOTEL room with my name on it. Yea some of us don't have motorhomes. But just in case I have a hotel room in Ennis as well! Maybe I should invest in a motorhome! I can tell you we had standing water today in Ennis and we are parked on gravel couldn't imagine parking on grass!