HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #11
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Dallas or Houston

I came to Ennis fully intending to go on to Houston. I talked to several Super Stock racers yesterday and today that decided to skip Houston. I don't remember talking to anybody that has not decided to skip it. Sounds like SS may be a little light on cars.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:37 PM   #12
Bill Bagley

Liked 31 Times in 10 Posts

Many of us who do this (drag racing) are business owners and we're able to do it because we're somewhat successful business owners. Holding onto that thought, I struggle to understand why the HRP track owners can't justify a few hundred thousand in capital investment dollars to make it a premier facility. A guaranteed NHRA national and divisional event in the most competitive division in the country and the potential to be one of the best attended national/divisional events on an annual basis.

It's a puzzling picture.

What am I missing here?
Bill Bagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:59 PM   #13
Kegracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mr. Bill,
I think you answered part of your own question. Owners are in it as business - for money only.
NHRA does not seem to care about sportsmen and neither does HRP... They invested in the spectator parking lot. That tells you what is important to them. Selling hotdogs and beer to the huge market of people they have that will come to see the pros. One of the largest cities in the country, they dont need a big sportsmen field. They just need the crowd in the stands for the pros.
With all the issues there over the years, IF NHRA cared, they would tell them to do something about it, but they dont...
Shame, but it is just the same story on and on. National Events are about the pros and getting people in the stands.

Ken

Stock 412
Kegracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:47 PM   #14
MadMax404

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think some forget Motorplex used to be a mud pit in the sportsman area. Billy Meyer and NHRA came to an agreement it needed to be taken care of and they laid the gravel. Is it the best solution? Probably not, everyone complains about the rocks but atleast tomorrow when most of the rigs leave they can drive out of the gate rather than be towed out like in Houston.

I choose to skip the Houston national and head to Holly Springs, MS for the southern footbrake challenge. Not a hard decision at all to be honest Houston is going to be a mess even if there's no rain from Thursday-Sunday.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:43 AM   #15
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
I came to Ennis fully intending to go on to Houston. I talked to several Super Stock racers yesterday and today that decided to skip Houston. I don't remember talking to anybody that has not decided to skip it. Sounds like SS may be a little light on cars.
By looking at the entry list, looks like more cars are entering the race than leaving it. We added over 8 cars in stock and Superstock in the last 2 days... the ones who entered are here at dalas, so go talk to them. Like I said, weather looks promising the whole week. Do some of you guys think water doesn't dry up with a little sunshine? We've got 5 days till we park. Relax. Don't ruin our National Event by making it a $310 divisional race and screwing over our friends who are coming watch just because you think it might be wet. Seth Angel isn't going to give up all that money anyway. He knows how many people come with the sportsman because he had to refund all of their tickets in 2013. He isn't going to wanna pay for us to run it in Dallas. I would think he'd rather pour us a few roads, that's all we need. Now, if they wanna give me the $100 insurance and my friends money back, I'm with yall. Let's run it here if it looks like mud. But I still don't know what they are going to do about their hotel rooms.

Last edited by Hagen Gary; 04-19-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #16
sammy pizzolato

Liked 56 Times in 13 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sammy pizzolato

i just backed out of Houston.i thought they would put us at the circle track but i forgot they put Motorhomes there. i have been in the Mud to many times. the last time for the race that never happened i broke my flatbed wrecker pulling myself out of the mud. the owners of the Houston track need to update the sportsmen pits. every year it rain's for this race. the NHRA needs to step in and do something. Dallas track took care of there pit problem.the owners of Houston own a paving co.
sammy pizzolato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:13 PM   #17
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Hagen may mistaken. (Whoda thunk it? LOL) SS car count is way down for Houston. Last I looked today was only 41 cars.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:27 PM   #18
Joseph Teuton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just wanted to let all the NON motorhome owners know that the Holiday Inn gave me a full refund for my room and my friends room. Thank goodness I didn't lose any money! Oh and I didn't lose my $310 for withdrawing from the event either! I get to use that hard earn money to go to another Nation Drag Race event that won't be a mud fest. I surly would like to know how much money will be lost by those attending the race when it's canceled at the last minute. I'm sure the hostels won't understand when you cancel on Thursday or Friday.

I still believe there would have been a better turn out if the race was kept in Dallas!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:54 AM   #19
Hagen Gary
Live Reporter

Liked 30 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Hagen may mistaken. (Whoda thunk it? LOL) SS car count is way down for Houston. Last I looked today was only 41 cars.
Ed. look at my time stamp. I posted that Sunday morning. I was correct then. Your post came on Monday night. btw, there are just as many stockers now as there was when I posted. I'm actually happy people pulled out. Now we might not even have to go down the dirt(mud) roads. There is gonna be plenty of room to park along the paved roads. Thanks guys. I'll be at Houston trying to adapt and overcome, as National event winners do, while you guys stay home and wonder when its going to be your turn to win one. And if I have to camp in the mud and watch the pros with all my friends for free because their tickets get refunded, well that ain't so bad either. I'm not going to ruin it all just because it "might" be more convenient for me. Nobody ever said winning a National was easy.
Hagen Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:09 AM   #20
supergas4

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Wow nasty reply
supergas4 is offline   Reply With Quote