HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Dana Fitzpatrick

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Default G-Force 101A rebuild

Any recommendations on someone closer to me, who can go thru my 101A ,rather than shipping it back to G-Force? I live in SW Michigan.Thanks.

Last edited by Dana Fitzpatrick; 11-16-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Dana Fitzpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
John Duzac

Liked 85 Times in 20 Posts
Smile Re: G-Force 101A rebuild

Dana, do it yourself. Down load the illustration from G Force and take your time. Take frequent pictures and if you have a girl friend/wife have her help. If I can do it, so can you. Get good snap ring pliers and you might buy some extra snap rings too. Clean everything in the trans. Double check to make sure all parts are clean. You can do this. Think about it this way. If you're going to race a stick, you're going to need to perform maintenance form time to time. Your girl friend/wife will know as much as you when you start out. Who knows, they may know more. Not trying to be sarcastic. Give it a try. You'll be surprised what you can do when you try.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: G-Force 101A rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by john duzac View Post
dana, do it yourself. Down load the illustration from g force and take your time. Take frequent pictures and if you have a girl friend/wife have her help. If i can do it, so can you. get good snap ring pliers and you might buy some extra snap rings too. Clean everything in the trans. Double check to make sure all parts are clean. You can do this. Think about it this way. If you're going to race a stick, you're going to need to perform maintenance form time to time. Your girl friend/wife will know as much as you when you start out. Who knows, they may know more. Not trying to be sarcastic. Give it a try. You'll be surprised what you can do when you try.
x2!
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #4
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Duzac View Post
Dana, do it yourself. Down load the illustration from G Force and take your time. Take frequent pictures and if you have a girl friend/wife have her help. If I can do it, so can you. Get good snap ring pliers and you might buy some extra snap rings too. Clean everything in the trans. Double check to make sure all parts are clean. You can do this. Think about it this way. If you're going to race a stick, you're going to need to perform maintenance form time to time. Your girl friend/wife will know as much as you when you start out. Who knows, they may know more. Not trying to be sarcastic. Give it a try. You'll be surprised what you can do when you try.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:09 AM   #5
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Duzac View Post
This......
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

Only thing I think needs to be added to John's advice is once you have apart and cleaned up,take gears,shafts,shift forks to someone close to you that has a wet magnaflux machine it uses a blacklight to see cracks,anyone who grinds crankshafts should have one.
I always mag my trans and rear parts everytime I have them apart,finding a crack before it breaks can save time and money.
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
Dana Fitzpatrick

Thank you John, and all the rest that posted replies.I'm going to rebuild it myself.Pulling it out today,I'll get into after Thankgiving. Thanks again!
Old 11-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #8
John Duzac

Liked 85 Times in 20 Posts
Smile Re: G-Force 101A rebuild

Dana, use your cell phone and take lots of pictures. Kinda document the process all the way.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #9
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh yes, one of the great uses of the smartphones and you probably could find somebody putting one together on U-tube . Happy Thanksgiving !
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
Dana Fitzpatrick

Thanks you John, I sure will. I'm going to hold off getting into it,I need to upgrade my phone.The one I have does not take the best pictures.Hopefully, I'll do that next week.
Still looking online, Finespline.I haven't found anything yet. I'll keep looking.Thanks.