HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 03-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #41
Timetraveler

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: Gator class teardowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETV View Post
You would think since the new car manufacturers have jumped back in to S/SS spending millions of dollars, they would have discussed this with NHRA making sure that everybody was following the rules. But maybe not...

You should have been racing with us back in the sixties when the factories got involved. A lot of the rules today were developed by the factory engineers "TESTING" parts. Things like a swiss cheese frame and light weight fenders and bumpers were only revealed to NHRA when they caught it in tech.
Timetraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:40 AM   #42
Bernie Cunningham

Liked 52 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Worner View Post
Instead of NHRA identifying the "Cheaters" with a DQ and suspension, maybe the racers should identify the "Cheaters" for all to know who they are. At the next race when you see the "Cheater" you can let him/her know how you feel.
Holly cow, Byron, are you telling me now that when you catch me with a big block under the hood that you'll kick my azz, bring it on Pennsylvania boy, my hood stays closed from here on out ! LOL
Scary huh?

Last edited by Bernie Cunningham; 03-24-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Bernie Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #43
Robbie Draughon

Liked 26 Times in 3 Posts

They did p&g my ss/mod car at the gators after first round eliminations.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #44
Byron Worner

Liked 28 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Cunningham View Post
Holly cow, Byron, are you telling me now that when you catch me with a big block under the hood that you'll kick my azz, bring it on Pennsylvania boy, my hood stays closed from here on out ! LOL
Scary huh?
Damn right Bernie! You better hit the gym before I make it back out there!!!
Byron Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:13 PM   #45
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

Sorry, double post

Last edited by Wade Mahaffey; 04-03-2017 at 10:37 PM. Reason: double post
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #46
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

Now I don't have a dog in the fight, but I do have a puppy that I'm growing to be in the fight. I will be just a rookie in the Super/Stock thing, but it seems to me that one of the main issues of the NHRA folks, is they won't run IHRA because of the policing of the class rules on cars. Now it seems that NHRA is slipping down to IHRA tear down status. Does that mean that some will now come over to IHRA?
Check this out:
And second, why couldn't they "tech mark" engine components, to be checked later on the winners of heads up runs only in the eliminator. They could do that on a case by case basis. In other words, If a race was decided by something other than horsepower (where both cars ran full to the stripe), i.e. red light, cross the center line, obviously spun the tire, etc. in which case a car would not be marked because the run was obviously compromised, and not due to one car being faster. Now, if the two cars had a good pass together, the loser could wave the marking should they desire. But if the loser wanted the car marked, and then torn down and checked at the end of the day... should the winner be illegal, then the loser of the heads up run must be checked in the same way... and if found to be in compliance.... the original winner of the heads up that was dirty pays 5K to the loser, who after all... should have continued in eliminations, but was pushed out by an illegal entry. If the loser was dirty in the same way as the dirty winner, the winner pays nothing, and both are checked before the next race. If there's no heads up runs, the barn stays empty. Because it's a dial in race at that point anyway. Cheaters would think twice about it, if it would cost them 5K if caught out of compliance by NHRA rules. And the loser would think twice before protesting the winner, because he would have to come down as well, should the winner be dirty....to be declared legal and claim the 5K

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:30 PM   #47
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

When we first started in SS in 2007 cars got torn down all the time. Slowly it has dwindled to nada at divisional events.........In the fall were gonna try to set the SS/H record. I'm assuming well.be torn down......😉
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:18 AM   #48
kansas stocker

Liked 223 Times in 43 Posts

With what it costs to enter a national event and what is paid back, it looks like there is plenty of money to pay for tech.
Pete
kansas stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:06 PM   #49
Frank Bialas

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Fletcher View Post
With all due respect, there isn't even an entry tech inspection anymore, just a random spot check at some point during qualifying. The tech department appears to have been gutted by budget cuts just like most every other aspect of the company that is representative to the sportsman racer. You actually think there is manpower to do teardown? Simply not happening. If you want to cheat and can somehow feel good about yourself or your accomplishments, now is your time...
NO RESPECT!!! Was beat in INDY in early rounds by a CHEATER, no names but you know who you are,after tear down he had 5 major infractions and sent home for a year with his late round earnings, while I groped my cooler for a cold one!!! Fair my azz, bad enough I run a mopar with no extra/fancy ENTITLEMENTS from NHRA, just not fun anymore!!! THE LONGER YOU STAY AWAY THE EASIER IT IS TO QUIT!!!
Old 04-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #50
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts
Talking Re: Gator class teardowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby lang View Post
hey, i know nobody would blatantly cheat in d7 or have 5-10 people knowingly help them blatantly cheat either.
lmfao ....