HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #21
Gordie Kissner

Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Does IHRA run "class?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer2011 View Post
I am not sure what year that happened or even care for that matter, it's past history if it's even true or not, so For gods sake Ed, let it go, just let it go already.......
The discussion was about IHRA and Ed stated his experience at a couple of their races..so what?? This is a general S/SS forum last time I checked and he has every right to put it out there whether you like it or not! He's probably forgot more about S/SS than you will ever begin to know.

I'll also go out on a limb here and say that not every experience he's had with NHRA has been good and if the subject came up he would be more than happy to share those!
Gordie Kissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:10 AM   #22
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
While we are on the subject of IHRA. Why do they race on Friday and Saturday? Instead of sat/sun.
What are you talking about? I wish they would race Friday and Saturday. I don't enjoy leaving the track at 5 O'clock Sunday evening and face a 6-8 hour drive home.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #23
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

They ran some like that around here. I don't know if they still do. Have not run with them for a while now. Some guys need to realize not every division is run the same, or as well.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #24
Chris1529
VIP Member

Its really a shame that only 10-20 or so cars show up at a lot of the races outside of the Carolinas. I guess its just a vicious circle. If IHRA checked fuel more, weighed cars more often (most tracks for the pro-ams use portable scales where you have to start and stop/start twice to get on/off the scales), maybe more people would show up.
But my guess in not in most areas of the country. Unfortunately, in a lot of the country, a lot of the races are far away, and when people are spending over $1000 to get to a race, most die-hards are going to go to an NHRA event. I think that the current ownership of IHRA is trying to do all they can to re-build the brand, but its going to take a long time. When only a handful of cars show up for a pro-am, its hard to get the tracks to keep having them and who would blame them. That's just more of the vicious circle though because if more tracks had points races, then more racers would be entering because the tracks are probably closer to their home. If they start collecting points, they are more likely to travel to other tracks. If there is more competition, it would make sense to check fuel more and scale more............
No one is right or wrong. It is just determined by your personal situation and what you want out of the sport you choose to spend your money on.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #25
Another Friendly Racer

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
What are you talking about? I wish they would race Friday and Saturday. I don't enjoy leaving the track at 5 O'clock Sunday evening and face a 6-8 hour drive home.
You're going to be a happy man. IHRA made a good chunk of their races fri/sat events for 2015.
Another Friendly Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #26
Brett C
VIP Member

Liked 835 Times in 191 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Does IHRA run "class?"

I personally like the timing. Race on Fri, race on Sat, get home on Sun...or another day to race in case of weather issues.
Brett C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:44 PM   #27
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Post Re: Does IHRA run "class?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
While we are on the subject of IHRA. Why do they race on Friday and Saturday? Instead of sat/sun.
It may be marketing. I bet they get more spectators when they have the Nitro Jam cars Fri. & Sat. evening rather than Sunday.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #28
Chris1529
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Piatek View Post
It may be marketing. I bet they get more spectators when they have the Nitro Jam cars Fri. & Sat. evening rather than Sunday.
Sorry...I don't pay much attention to the Nitro Jam Schedules. I was just talking about the regular Pro-Am points races.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:03 PM   #29
Rick Blake

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Piatek View Post
Immokalee Had an Impressive Car Count at the Pro Am Opener this year

“Our event’s car count grew from 25-30% over last year,” Hester said. “It’s the biggest race we’ve ever had. We sold 276 tech cards and 269 cars went down the track in the first round. We had approximately 25 drivers that had never raced with us before. We had a wonderful time. It’s our season-opener, our biggest race of the season and something we look forward to every year. We’ve had this race for 12 years now and we’ve always been the first race, being in Florida. It means a lot for us to have that race.

Rick Blake
Old 03-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #30
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts

Reason I asked is because I was looking at their schedule. And one of the Cordova races is Fri Sat. That means another day away from my businesses. Which after all are what pay for this craziness. And why I would prefer the sat sun setup. I'm still going to try and do at least one of the Cordova races and one of the Memphis races. Most guys biggest struggle with racing is paying for it. Mine is being able to get away from work to go do it.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote