Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-28-2015, 12:06 AM   #181
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts
Thumbs up Re: "Live" from Down South!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Koski View Post
Just don't be speeding around Waldo or Lawtey!

While you can still get a ticket, at least it will be a "legitimate" ticket and it will be from the Sherriff's Dept., not the city PD!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-...-police-force/
Old 02-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #182
FINESPLINE

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: "Live" from Down South!!!

It has always been running the gauntlet on 301 for years.
FINESPLINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #183
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
We have been relaxing around here and trying out some new places to eat. Robert, yesterday we tried out Grannie's:

Great breakfast! They had the bull tied down. I guess they were afraid someone would steal him.

We then went over to Jacksonville and saw some friends that Larry used to fly model airplanes with years ago. It is always nice to see old friends.

Then today I spent a little while at the doctors office to find out I probably have a torn rotator cuff. I am going to try to wait to see an orthopedist whenever I get home if I can wait that long.
Then we tried a new place for lunch in Waldo:

Larry had ribs and I had catfish! Great food! We will definitely try this again!

Leftovers!!
Funny you mentioned that the bull was chained down. Several years back the bull came up missing!! I assumed some kids did it... But, at the time it was not funny. You notice that there was a part painted red? Well last time it was painted blue!!! Funny for sure. But, they frown upon sitting on the bull for pictures... Ask me how I know? Never been there for supper. I have to try that other BBQ shack when I get a chance. There is a pretty good twisty treat on the north end of town on the east side of the road. Sorry about the rotator. Have fun.

Robert
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #184
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Koski View Post
Just don't be speeding around Waldo or Lawtey!
I thought I read last fall or summer that the crooked Waldo police dept. was shut down and their bogus speed traps and other BS scams are now out of business. Or are they up to their old tricks again. You know its bad when AAA puts up billboards warning drivers as they come into town. LOL Good thing you put 2 pictures of the bull. The first one makes it look like he is chained up by his? What does the warning sign on the ground say?

Last edited by Rob Petrie E395; 02-28-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #185
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I don't who's out of business but I saw atleast 4 pulled last Sunday as I was leaving so apparently someone is still keeping up the scam.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #186
Dyno

Liked 525 Times in 173 Posts

Loaded up today and heading to Gainesville tomorrow. -6* this morning in Minneapolis, so I know it has to get warmer. Now if Larry can get Kentucky to keep the roads clear, it should be a good drive. Dyno
Dyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #187
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
I don't who's out of business but I saw atleast 4 pulled last Sunday as I was leaving so apparently someone is still keeping up the scam.

This is from the Ocola Post.

Waldo, Florida — The Waldo City council voted last night to disband the Waldo Police Department effective at midnight, October 1, 2014.

This means that all law enforcement functions will be assumed by the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office. Currently employed Waldo Police Officers will be on paid administrative leave until October 31, 2014, to give the officers time to seek alternate employment.

Acting Captain Steve Maynard’s tour of duty as the interim Police Chief will end and he will resume his normal duties at the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff Darnell expressed her sincere appreciation to Waldo City Manager Kim Worley for her cooperation during the last 30 days and wants residents to know that there will be no break in law enforcement coverage.

The officers that blew the whistle on the corruption in the small town said it was worth losing their job because it was the right thing to do.

“What we (meaning the other four officers) did was in the fabric of the oath we swore to as officers,” said Waldo Police Officer Brandon Roberts.

State Attorney Bill Cervone said shutting down the agency was the right thing to do in order to avoid further embarrassment to the town.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #188
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,397 Times in 1,944 Posts

Hey Guys!
We are back at the track! Filled up with diesel, propane, and water and pulled back into line this morning. If you are coming in today, right now Gate C is the only gate open, then go down one of the little finger roads and get in line like we normally come in at the back. Newcomers in line include Gene Jordan, Mitch Truman, and Dan Zrust. 1400 miles for Dan from Minnesota!

The weather is beautiful right now. Going to be 80 this afternoon. After being so rainy and cool all week until yesterday, I am going out to enjoy the sunshine!

More later!
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 AM   #189
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

It is another beautiful sunny Florida day here in Gainesville. It is supposed to be 85 today which is above average for now. A few more rigs have drifted in. We are going out to breakfast shortly, so I will let you know if Gate C is still the only one open.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #190
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Gate B is open! Come on down!!😊😊