HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Should Indy Be All Run Field In Stock?
ONLY 128 Fastest Cars under index 133 66.50%
ALL RUN FIELD 67 33.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #31
LSP

Default Re: Should Indy be an All Run Field in Stock?

[QUOTE=Clayton Wright;180451]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post

I agree Billy but I think it should go one step farther. Only Class Winners. Then we could see some real racing. I guess I started doing this a long time ago when it was a lot more fun. Oh well I can dream.
Clayton
That's how it used to be , class winners only, that should accomplish 2 things -

1. It should eliminate the 1000 racing. ZZZZZZZZ

2. Should make that AHFS work better, since it's 'indy", and everyone should have their "indy" motor in, any factoring that occurs should be legit.

Last edited by LSP; 04-07-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #32
jarn05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok so i read through the whole thread , other than 442 that posted, no one would like to see an all run field , but 34 percent of the people that voted would like to see an all run field, how come that 34 percent has not chimed in and stated their opinion on this subject? just for the record it should only be class winners and quickest qualified up to 128 cars ! it bothers me that people have a sense of entitlement when it come to s/ss qualifing, you either go quick and fast or you do not race! i have been on either side of the fence and when im not fast enough i sit home and work harder on my car to make it go quicker.
jarn05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #33
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarn05 View Post
ok so i read through the whole thread , other than 442 that posted, no one would like to see an all run field , but 34 percent of the people that voted would like to see an all run field, how come that 34 percent has not chimed in and stated their opinion on this subject? just for the record it should only be class winners and quickest qualified up to 128 cars ! it bothers me that people have a sense of entitlement when it come to s/ss qualifing, you either go quick and fast or you do not race! i have been on either side of the fence and when im not fast enough i sit home and work harder on my car to make it go quicker.
Don't forget also that this poll is posted where non S/SS racers can vote also.It should have been in the registered racer section.I bet there would be a lot less than 34 votes for 128 fastest.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #34
Jack McCarthy
VIP Member

Liked 352 Times in 92 Posts

thanks daryl, i did vote in your new poll...
and if we go back to class winners id be there to try on the big caddy....i got him HP in belle rose last year...just two more hits and he's gonna be ed fernandez's problem in t/sa

jack mccarthy

and i did not mean to be rude, i just answered why i thought option "c" wasnt included in your poll... i kinda like you big guy... and your mom's an icon in my book
Old 04-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #35
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Ah Yes, Everyone "deserves" to run. Think about it! Shouldnt there be reasons to work on a car? shouldnt we reward achievement? Should we dumb it down to Bracket racing altogether? Maybe there should be a punishment for having a FAST car and pay the slow cars so they can participate better.....
I agree with the vote better where Racers only should vote.... Us retired guys are obviously for the OLDE days..

Last edited by Dick Butler; 04-08-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:28 PM   #36
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

What's "Indy" got to do with it? Stock is a 128-car qualified field at ALL events, even Divisional races. I don't see why Indy should be any different than any other race. And yes, I qualified at the E-Town FMDRS (that dates it right there!) with 141 cars in Stock.

Only Nitro Joe can ladder that many cars. LOL Man, everybody did an incredible job keeping things organized and smooth-running at the US Class Nationals at Byron all those years ago.

Class winner bump-ins are a separate discussion, which we'll leave to another thread.

RE: AHFS factoring... Pffff! I went to Indy a couple years ago, and those were some of the worst and slowest conditions I've ever experienced. If you can tag it at *that* race, you *deserve* some HP!

Just my $.02,
Old 04-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #37
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
What's "Indy" got to do with it? Stock is a 128-car qualified field at ALL events, even Divisional races. I don't see why Indy should be any different than any other race. And yes, I qualified at the E-Town FMDRS (that dates it right there!) with 141 cars in Stock.
The quota at the NHRA National Events are lower than 128... Which in essence makes it an all run field.
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #38
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
Ah Yes, Everyone "deserves" to run. Think about it! Shouldnt there be reasons to work on a car? shouldnt we reward achievement? Should we dumb it down to Bracket racing altogether? Maybe there should be a punishment for having a FAST car and pay the slow cars so they can participate better.....
I agree with the vote better where Racers only should vote.... Us retired guys are obviously for the OLDE days..
I am glad you made this rather negative post because it gave me an idea.INDY is a LONG way away,but the quota is 180 cars.

Here is last year's field:
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...r2009#indextop

Last year,there were 154 entries for a 128 car field.Only 26 did not make it.Others did not attend,because of the uncertainty of whether or not they would qualify.

MOST RACERS DO NOT WANT TO SPEND THE KIND OF MONEY THAT IT TAKES TO GO TO INDY AND NOT QUALIFY!

If some horsepower factors don't change by the time Indy comes around,there might only be 128 cars total.IS THAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT?

I was one of the fastest 128,out of 128. So what?

RACERS need to work together on issues such as this.I say run EVERYBODY!

Next,the goal for everyone should be to get to 128 or higher,There is enough time to get some sponsors for this.T-shirts,hats,maybe some cash and contingency for being one of the fastest 128 cars at INDY!

I think it would be a sense of accomplishment to be in the top 128 out of 180.
NHRA would make big money off of all of the entry fees,and maybe the racers could benefit too with some contingency postings for qualifying 128 or higher!

And just so people don't think this is my "personal agenda",I will NOT enter Indy to save a spot for somebody else!

Anybody like this idea?

Comments?
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #39
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts
Talking Re: Should Indy be an All Run Field in Stock?

Daryl, You should take some of the runner up money you made last year at the Sports Nats, and work on your car. Or better yet instead of beating the keyboard all day long trying to convince other stock racers to get on board with this BS plan of an all run field, maybe get out and TEST with your car. Maybe your next heads up will be a little closer. Indy should be brought back to the way it was. CLASS WINNERS and then the rest of the quailfied field should given the privlige of racing first round and the most prestigious race on the NHRA circut. If you want to do something for the guys that don't make the 128, give them a free ice cream when qualifiying and class is over. Hey, nobody is having a bad day when they are eating ice cream.
Fix Indy back to where is should be. Class winers first. Off the soap box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442OLDS View Post
I am glad you made this rather negative post because it gave me an idea.INDY is a LONG way away,but the quota is 180 cars.

Here is last year's field:
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...r2009#indextop

Last year,there were 154 entries for a 128 car field.Only 26 did not make it.Others did not attend,because of the uncertainty of whether or not they would qualify.

MOST RACERS DO NOT WANT TO SPEND THE KIND OF MONEY THAT IT TAKES TO GO TO INDY AND NOT QUALIFY!

If some horsepower factors don't change by the time Indy comes around,there might only be 128 cars total.IS THAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT?

I was one of the fastest 128,out of 128. So what?

RACERS need to work together on issues such as this.I say run EVERYBODY!

Next,the goal for everyone should be to get to 128 or higher,There is enough time to get some sponsors for this.T-shirts,hats,maybe some cash and contingency for being one of the fastest 128 cars at INDY!

I think it would be a sense of accomplishment to be in the top 128 out of 180.
NHRA would make big money off of all of the entry fees,and maybe the racers could benefit too with some contingency postings for qualifying 128 or higher!

And just so people don't think this is my "personal agenda",I will NOT enter Indy to save a spot for somebody else!

Anybody like this idea?

Comments?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #40
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Should Indy be an All Run Field in Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
Daryl, You should take some of the runner up money you made last year at the Sports Nats, and work on your car. Or better yet instead of beating the keyboard all day long trying to convince other stock racers to get on board with this BS plan of an all run field, maybe get out and TEST with your car. Maybe your next heads up will be a little closer. Indy should be brought back to the way it was. CLASS WINNERS and then the rest of the quailfied field should given the privlige of racing first round and the most prestigious race on the NHRA circut. If you want to do something for the guys that don't make the 128, give them a free ice cream when qualifiying and class is over. Hey, nobody is having a bad day when they are eating ice cream.
Fix Indy back to where is should be. Class winers first. Off the soap box.
Thanks,thats all I needed to hear.

Somehow,I was hoping to get some racers to stick together and do some things for the common good.You rip me about my car and you race a 455 Pontiac with a 310 or 315 horsepower rating ?That is a &%%$ JOKE!

BTW,

LAST POST ON "CLASSRACER"

BYE!
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote