HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
Irondog

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Cayuga National Open

Anyone have plans to attend this event, $20 000 USD for a purse from what I understand....
Irondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts
Default Re: Cayuga National Open

I think details are still being finalized by Dave and his crew but, Atco is going to be $20,000 USD for all three .90 classes and Stk/SS. I think Pat said they were doing away with the points for this year and adding Toronto and possibly one more Canada track in the future to go along with Naperville.I'm sure they will be making an announcement shortly on all the events.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:17 AM   #3
Mike Delahanty
VIP Member

Liked 225 Times in 36 Posts

I like the idea of this - always enjoyed racing at Cayuga. Back in the day they actually paid $$ for setting a National Record. Looking forward to hearing the details. And - the exchange rate favors the US racer right now.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
STEVEN NOVOSEL

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Cayuga National Open

I understand that there will be two Stock--S/S Shoot-out races that week-end each having a $10,000 purse...also the rumor is that IHRA cars will be allowed to race the shoot-out if they have an NHRA driver license...there will be a separate entry for the shoot-out race...more details to come...mark June 17-19,2016 on your calendar...Don't forget .I think you need a passport to cross the border...great race for the Div. #3 and #1 racers...it looks like a clean weekend so far....
STEVEN NOVOSEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #5
Dave Turner
VIP Member

Liked 334 Times in 132 Posts

A passport is not mandatory for surface crossings... documentation with photo ID will suffice. Since a passport IS required for air travel, most of y'all should have one.
Dave Turner #1153
Dave Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #6
Cdncarnut

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN NOVOSEL View Post
I understand that there will be two Stock--S/S Shoot-out races that week-end each having a $10,000 purse...also the rumor is that IHRA cars will be allowed to race the shoot-out if they have an NHRA driver license...there will be a separate entry for the shoot-out race...more details to come...mark June 17-19,2016 on your calendar...Don't forget .I think you need a passport to cross the border...great race for the Div. #3 and #1 racers...it looks like a clean weekend so far....
I received a call from John Scotti last Wednesday.
He is sponsoring the shootout.
There will be a limit of 125 cars and, from the comments I have heard from our local racers, they will have no problem getting that many cars.

So, if you want to attend, get your registration in early.
I know that I will be there.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:36 PM   #7
Mark Markow

Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Turner View Post
A passport is not mandatory for surface crossings... documentation with photo ID will suffice. Since a passport IS required for air travel, most of y'all should have one.
are you sure about that? I know a racer headed to napierville from the u.s. last year was turn away at border, because he left his passport home. unless something has changed recently I think you need one.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #8
Bob Don
VIP Member

Liked 778 Times in 175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Turner View Post
"US citizens can no longer cross the border, back into the US, from Canada, using only a driver's licence and birth certificate. Due to changes in U.S. law that took effect June 1, 2009, there are more strict requirements for what identification is required"

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1...he.Border.html

I go to Napierville twice a year and also visit relatives in Montreal on occasion. I've needed a passport since the law change in 2009.

Last edited by Bob Don; 01-24-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Bob Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #9
Cdncarnut

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Don View Post
"US citizens can no longer cross the border, back into the US, from Canada, using only a driver's licence and birth certificate. Due to changes in U.S. law that took effect June 1, 2009, there are more strict requirements for what identification is required"

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g1...he.Border.html

I go to Napierville twice a year and also visit relatives in Montreal on occasion. I've needed a passport since the law change in 2009.
It's a crazy time. We have needed a passport to cross from Canada into the US pretty well soon after 9/11.
That was a huge adjustment for me, as I used to cross regularly at Niagara Falls and Fort Erie for shopping and used to travel often enough to the US for work
All I needed back then was some picture ID.

It was a PITA to get my passport, but I'm glad I did it as there are more restrictions now.
I just renewed for 10 years, so I am good for quite a while.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:04 PM   #10
STEVEN NOVOSEL

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

More good news for the stock-s/s guys...the field is limited to 128 car field and your entry fee to the national open gets you in to the super shoot-out
STEVEN NOVOSEL is offline   Reply With Quote