HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-15-2011, 10:58 AM   #11
Chris Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: best battery charger ?

We use a Powermaster that I bought from Summit. It charges 12 or 16 volts. It stopped working within a couple of months so I sent it back to Powermaster and they fixed it right away and it's been fine ever since.

Chris Barnes
Wagons of Steel
Stock 6621
Chris Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
tim worner

Liked 126 Times in 20 Posts

I have used the Black & Decker units with zero problems. I also liked the little 2/6/10 Husky unit that is fully automatic and very light weight and small in size but does a good job. Both are available @ Home Depot Also don't forget to use the batt maintainer when your car is sitting around unused. Really helps with the life of your batterys.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Vic Santos

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

In my opinion any charger is good enough as long as it is big enough to do the job. The important thing is to monitor charger output VOLTAGE and not current. Voltage will tell you weather you are over charging or under charging the battery. If you are charging with the fan and water pump on unless the voltage is over 12.84 vdc you are not charging the battery. You are just providing current for the fan and pump. If you are pumping amps into a fully charged battery (because you forgot to shut it off) you will eventually damage the battery. The two things you need are: a timer that automatically shuts the charger off (part of a good charger) and a digital voltmeter to monitor volts at the battery. Until you know the voltage you won't know battery condition and weather your charger is big enough especially with two batteries.
Vic
Vic Santos is offline   Reply With Quote