Default Memorial Day is for the Fallen

https://www.facebook.com/Chad.Warner...type=2&theater
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 10:48 AM   #2
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts
Default Re: Memorial Day is for the Fallen

Would urge everyone who's never been to Arlington or any memorial to make the trip today. Even if you've never served it will change you in some way...and for the good.

jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #3
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 646 Times in 207 Posts
Cool Re: Memorial Day is for the Fallen

Once again,Eddie, thank you for your sensitivity and your generosity to America's finest. That should be mandatory viewing for every person in this country,regardless of any cultural,political,or ethnic difference. We all have benefited from the defense of freedom. I have been involved in Christian ministry on an occasional basis, been through bereavements, illnesses in families,including my own, all kinds of things. I feel that the most awful assignment out there would be to carry out the duties of a military chaplain who has to drive up to a families' home and be the one to bring them the bad news. i don't know how they do it. The Bible tells us that"Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world". Evidently, that's the answer. Thanks again,Eddie!!
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #4
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Would urge everyone who's never been to Arlington or any memorial to make the trip today. Even if you've never served it will change you in some way...and for the good.

My daughter did a year of grad school at UCLA.She lived in an apartment on the east side of Veteran's Blvd, the west side is the large Veteran's cemetery. What a sobering sight,indeed.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:32 PM   #5
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

American Legion Post #9 shared the honor of remembering our fallen Brothers and Sisters with the VFW members at the Yerington Cemetery, Yerington, Nevada.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7041.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	34418
Old 05-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #6
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reimer 7376 View Post
Once again,Eddie, thank you for your sensitivity and your generosity to America's finest. That should be mandatory viewing for every person in this country,regardless of any cultural,political,or ethnic difference. We all have benefited from the defense of freedom. I have been involved in Christian ministry on an occasional basis, been through bereavements, illnesses in families,including my own, all kinds of things. I feel that the most awful assignment out there would be to carry out the duties of a military chaplain who has to drive up to a families' home and be the one to bring them the bad news. i don't know how they do it. The Bible tells us that"Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world". Evidently, that's the answer. Thanks again,Eddie!!
Greg, Thank you for your kind words and remembering this day.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:49 PM   #7
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Cool Re: Memorial Day is for the Fallen

Wednesday I had to make a trip to Overton,Nevada to deliver one car and pick up another. I no sooner got there when the news radio channel broke the news about a shooter at UCLA, two fatalities and the whole school in lock down. One week before finals and commencement. At least he won't ever do that again. My daughter and everybody else was fine. I couldn't wait to get home and find out that she was OK.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:01 PM   #8
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reimer 7376 View Post
Wednesday I had to make a trip to Overton,Nevada to deliver one car and pick up another. I no sooner got there when the news radio channel broke the news about a shooter at UCLA, two fatalities and the whole school in lock down. One week before finals and commencement. At least he won't ever do that again. My daughter and everybody else was fine. I couldn't wait to get home and find out that she was OK.
It is a crazy world we live in, I am so glad to hear all is well. I said I was never going to own a handgun but I am looking for a Model 66, I have other toys but a revolver is simple and never jams. With open carry in Nevada you don't know who the good guy is and who isn't. Take care my friend.