Bandimere Speedway

-Kyle
www.BracketRaces.com
Spring Fling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:28 PM   #52
shoebox racer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Tru start poll Division 6

James, thank you for your efforts in this poll. I would like to cast three votes in favor of tru-start if the cost of the software is not passed on to the racers. If it is then we will make do with the "clean light" advantage. I know this is a hard to predict deal. Also thank you to Tommy and Larry for an honest answer of liking the advantage of having a faster car. We all know the rules going in to the race. Happy holidays to all!

6278 SS/P Mike Parmenter
6191 SS/NA Bill Parmenter
6776 D/SA Fadi Ateyeh
shoebox racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:17 AM   #53
J DeForrest

Liked 74 Times in 18 Posts
Unhappy Re: Tru start poll Division 6

I am sorry Peter and Kyle, but I disagree. However, in a delay box class where both cars are leaving on the same bulb, it makes sense. Everybody has their own opinion on slower cars vs faster cars having their advantages. But if everybody wants to make it "fair" with regards to the tree, I would like to know how you give both cars a clean tree without a delay box. I really hope this does not come to what is left of a performance based class.

Jason
Old 11-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #54
Hacksaw

Liked 277 Times in 152 Posts

Organized drag racing is a performance based sport that thrives on the fact that we take "normal" cars and turn them into purpose built Hotrods. Everyone that races should understand that a quick/fast car takes considerably more money and effort to campaign. Now by changing the rules you are taking away a "benefit" given to the quicker car. This rule change will hasten the demise of class racing. Why? Because there is no incentive to have a quicker car. The future will show a group of 500 to 600 hp Super Stockers all running 9:50's to 10:50's. Leave True Start where it belongs, with the bracket racers.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #55
HandOverFist
VIP Member

Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Organized drag racing is a performance based sport that thrives on the fact that we take "normal" cars and turn them into purpose built Hotrods. Everyone that races should understand that a quick/fast car takes considerably more money and effort to campaign. Now by changing the rules you are taking away a "benefit" given to the quicker car. This rule change will hasten the demise of class racing. Why? Because there is no incentive to have a quicker car. The future will show a group of 500 to 600 hp Super Stockers all running 9:50's to 10:50's. Leave True Start where it belongs, with the bracket racers.
Don't follow your logic...how does one lose any "incentive" when Tru-Start was designed with handicap racing in mind? Are we not just "bracket racing" when not involved in a heads-up situation?
Old 11-24-2016, 10:03 AM   #56
FireSale
VIP Member

Liked 237 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox racer View Post
James, thank you for your efforts in this poll. I would like to cast three votes in favor of tru-start if the cost of the software is not passed on to the racers. If it is then we will make do with the "clean light" advantage. I know this is a hard to predict deal. Also thank you to Tommy and Larry for an honest answer of liking the advantage of having a faster car. We all know the rules going in to the race. Happy holidays to all!

6278 SS/P Mike Parmenter
6191 SS/NA Bill Parmenter
6776 D/SA Fadi Ateyeh
OOOOO That nasty black Mustang!
TruStart is a $2800 software upgrade to an existing Compulink timing system based on info from another forum thread. Not a huge expense.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #57
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,840 Times in 1,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Everyone that races should understand that a quick/fast car takes considerably more money and effort to campaign.
Sooooo, what do you race? Your checkbook or your mouth?

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #58
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Tru start poll Division 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J DeForrest View Post
I am sorry Peter and Kyle, but I disagree. However, in a delay box class where both cars are leaving on the same bulb, it makes sense. Everybody has their own opinion on slower cars vs faster cars having their advantages. But if everybody wants to make it "fair" with regards to the tree, I would like to know how you give both cars a clean tree without a delay box. I really hope this does not come to what is left of a performance based class.

Jason
X2 you got it!
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #59
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,840 Times in 1,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J DeForrest View Post
But if everybody wants to make it "fair" with regards to the tree, I would like to know how you give both cars a clean tree without a delay box. I really hope this does not come to what is left of a performance based class.

Jason
So completely "blind" the tree! A 4x8 sheet of plywood should do the trick.
And maybe I'm dense or something but I just can't figure out how Tru-Start has anything to do with "what is left of a performance based class".

Reality, what a concept!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #60
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs down Re: Tru start poll Division 6

I think we should cut off husan bolts foot off because he is the fastest one billy delay box guys set up 005 or better there are a lot of double reds there within 005 yes that would work bottom bulb not that tight so I still say no and I like pete and kyle but I can disagree with this rule!

e
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote