HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #11
hemidup

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: contingency

How do I get on the NHRA/IHRA contingency program? Who do I contact? Not that I have money to burn, but I'm willing to pay out to the one's that use what I've built like Wertman, Teuton and Barton.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
thomas sheehan
Photographer

Liked 77 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHemi View Post
I am still waiting, certainly not holding my breath, for contingency payments for 2010 and 2011. In 2011, Columbus Sports Nationals was supposed to pay regular contingency. A few paid, and many did not.

Chrysler, VIP and Moser paid

Even the payments for the new Class Performers Awards are not complete yet, and that one was supposed to be the big deal replacement for the race by race contingencies. Chrysler, VP, and Moser paid here too.

Apparently it all works just the same.. Some pay, and some don't pay.

A lot of decals are coming off of my car.

David
The New Hemi Guy
Hi David

I have a question. The "Class Performers" program just showed a picture of the companys that were going to pay. Did Mopar pay one payment ($500), or did they pay $500 for each product they usually pay for at every race (valve covers, engine, rear end, ignition, etc). It was never very clear in the program rules. It could make a difference of a few thousand dollars.... if someone was looking to chase it (with a mopar).
Old 01-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
MEXJOE

Liked 151 Times in 48 Posts
Red face Re: contingency

Yes I did.
But for now it WAS good!
Glen Demenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Zaskowski View Post
Did you read the rest of the letter that MagnaFuel sent with your check? ... not so easy next time.
MEXJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
SS/GSI

Liked 521 Times in 84 Posts
Smile Re: contingency

Glen, I'm with you on the naked car deal! That's why NHRA will never see a single contingency sticker on any of my cars accept for the Lucas Oil one, which is mandatory, which trust me is not in a flattering location! I don't believe the manufacturers owe us anything; however they do give the money to the NHRA regardless of wether the contingency is claimed or not. I would suggest that the NHRA open there books to their members, us, and average the left over contingency the following season on top of the already posted payouts for National and Divisional events. Myself, being an pessimist, knows fully well that this idea would cut into California's bottom line and then they wouldn't be able to pay themselves 300-800k, so I guess I will have to keep going for the Wally's and as a social outlet.
SS/GSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #15
NewHemi

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There are so many non payers from Columbus, all I can say is that VP, Mopar, and Moser paid.

As for the National Class Performer, there is currently one who hasn't paid. But before I go public, I will give him and the NHRA one more chance.

But seriously, my car will only have about four decals next year. Contingency payments are dead. And the space on my car will go to those who actually support the Racers.

David
The New Hemi Guy

Last edited by NewHemi; 01-18-2012 at 11:08 PM.
NewHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #16
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

I have a friend that has been in three finals this past year and hasn't yet been paid by VP, ATI, or BME.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #17
Patrick Downing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

VP requires you to send in a proof of purchase now. I was just on the phone with them today. The gal I talked to said the best way to do it is just fax them a receipt at the beginning of each season and they will put you on "the list". ATI is the same.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #18
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 672 Times in 121 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs down Re: contingency

I'm sorry, I will NEVER understand why a sponsor would rather pay the contingency money to NHRA at the end of the year instead of the racers who support their companies! There is no good outcome to stiffing the racer! It's a lose/ lose situation. I have noticed a big reduction of decals on cars in the last couple of years. I myself have reduced the amount my right about half. When I won the Southeastern National Open at the end of '09 I got NO contingency payout from anybody! It's really amazing how good some of these guys are at putting you off. NHRA is no help, after all, they get the money if you don't! Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 01-19-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:52 AM   #19
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts

I am not going to go into a commercial for over 25 different companies,but I got paid last year for a National event win and a Divisional Runner Up with NO problems at all!
MOST companies are excellent to deal with.

Last edited by 442OLDS; 01-19-2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Cell Phone Typing Error
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #20
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Most of the time if you do what the companies want you get paid. You may feel like you have to do backflips to get it , but if it was easy everybody would be doing it.
Then there is the small percent that just won't pay and they know who they are.

On a side note IHRA list is up and they are adding to it eveyday. Hope 2012 will be better.
Chip Johnson
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote