HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #3821
wv_bob

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Surprising they would let the car deteriorate like that. Good luck replacing that interior if they let it dry out and crack.
wv_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 12:01 AM   #3822
HEMIDARTDAVE

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintstonecharger View Post
Hey Dave,how about some pics. of your car?
Sorry for the delay Steve, here are a few:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150902_154329.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	254.6 KB
ID:	31715   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150902_154742.jpg
Views:	1459
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	31716   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150902_154650.jpg
Views:	1218
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	31717  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150902_154359.jpg
Views:	1459
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	31718   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150902_154638.jpg
Views:	1437
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	31719   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150902_154459.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	31720  

HEMIDARTDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #3823
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIDARTDAVE View Post
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #3824
Crew Chief

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMIDARTDAVE View Post
Would the location of the fuel regulator and fuel line pass tech?
Crew Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:48 PM   #3825
Charlie A
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Would the location of the fuel regulator and fuel line pass tech?
Old 11-25-2015, 02:51 AM   #3826
Gary Jarrell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frito View Post
Trying to respond to the pic of the yellow Doc's Dart but it wouldn't let me post with the pic but here is a tidbit. The cars second owner was Jack Leonard of Wayne, West Virginia. It was bought as a roller and the paint was changed from green/blue to Yellow by Gary Harby and had Mosley NAPA on the door and was later painted red. A Hemi and trans was "borrowed" from Dave Mosley and the car ran locally for a short while before being sold to Roscoe. The pic was taken at Bluegrass Dragway, Lexington Ky and was most likely taken by Bob Rogers or Dave McGee. Roscoe and Terry took the NAPA off the door and in this shot it is running one four barrel with a dominator, bathtub intake and a snorkel scoop IHRA F2/AA Dave Mosley was Frito's next door neighbor
Hello: I'm Gary Jarrell and I'm new to this site. I decided to join after I saw the pic of the yellow Doc's Dart which is my car. This LO23 was bought new by Larry Wilber on 6-25-68 from Gingrich Bros. Inc. of Perrysburg, Ohio. It was one of the last Darts made. Larry raced it under the name of "Chantilly Lace" in the Ohio area. After only a year or so Larry sold it to Wayne Schultz who raced it quite a bit under the name of "S&S Dyno Tuning." Schultz then sold it to Jack Leonard of Wayne, WV. By this tme it had been converted from its original auto trans to a stick shift. Apparently Leonard received it without motor/trans hence the partnership with Mosley. The Leonard/Mosley partnership didn't last and Leonard parked the car outside at his home without motor/trans and with a junk 10 bolt Chevy rear end wired to the leaf springs so he could roll it around. My Dad, Boyd "Doc" Jarrell and I bought it from Leonard in 1975. In 1976 we had a full roll cage, tubs, and other work done by Herb McCandless. We did remove the "Mosley" lettering and renamed the car "Doc's Dart" which it remains to this day although we painted it red, trimmed in silver and black in the mid 1980's. It was still yellow with the fish scales until then. Roscoe Jarrell was our driver in the beginning but later my brother, Terry, took over the driving. Both Terry and "Doc" have now passed away leaving me as current caretaker of the car. It was last raced in 1991 in Bristol with Terry driving. It remains basically as it was in the mid 80's and has never been restored. It still has all its original floors, sheet metal, fiberglass, and all original windows except the right rear quarter glass which shattered at 135 mph at Rockingham. I had it in two car shows this summer and my son and I took it to the Hemi Reunion in Salem, Ohio in 2008. I'll post some current pics later...Gary
Gary Jarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #3827
340duster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What markings if any are found on the original light weight glass?
Thanks
340duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:56 PM   #3828
Charlie A
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Jarrell View Post
Hello: I'm Gary Jarrell and I'm new to this site. I decided to join after I saw the pic of the yellow Doc's Dart which is my car. This LO23 was bought new by Larry Wilber on 6-25-68 from Gingrich Bros. Inc. of Perrysburg, Ohio. It was one of the last Darts made. Larry raced it under the name of "Chantilly Lace" in the Ohio area. After only a year or so Larry sold it to Wayne Schultz who raced it quite a bit under the name of "S&S Dyno Tuning." Schultz then sold it to Jack Leonard of Wayne, WV. By this tme it had been converted from its original auto trans to a stick shift. Apparently Leonard received it without motor/trans hence the partnership with Mosley. The Leonard/Mosley partnership didn't last and Leonard parked the car outside at his home without motor/trans and with a junk 10 bolt Chevy rear end wired to the leaf springs so he could roll it around. My Dad, Boyd "Doc" Jarrell and I bought it from Leonard in 1975. In 1976 we had a full roll cage, tubs, and other work done by Herb McCandless. We did remove the "Mosley" lettering and renamed the car "Doc's Dart" which it remains to this day although we painted it red, trimmed in silver and black in the mid 1980's. It was still yellow with the fish scales until then. Roscoe Jarrell was our driver in the beginning but later my brother, Terry, took over the driving. Both Terry and "Doc" have now passed away leaving me as current caretaker of the car. It was last raced in 1991 in Bristol with Terry driving. It remains basically as it was in the mid 80's and has never been restored. It still has all its original floors, sheet metal, fiberglass, and all original windows except the right rear quarter glass which shattered at 135 mph at Rockingham. I had it in two car shows this summer and my son and I took it to the Hemi Reunion in Salem, Ohio in 2008. I'll post some current pics later...Gary

Thought I would tie all this together.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:31 AM   #3829
Gary Jarrell

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340duster View Post
What markings if any are found on the original light weight glass?
Thanks
There are markings on the glass. I took a picture of it this evening but when I try to upload the pic to this reply I get a message that the file is too big and must be resized. I have not yet figured out how to do that...Gary
Gary Jarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:29 PM   #3830
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Jarrell View Post
There are markings on the glass. I took a picture of it this evening but when I try to upload the pic to this reply I get a message that the file is too big and must be resized. I have not yet figured out how to do that...Gary
Thanx for sharing that Gary.. I've seen your car a couple times. Great car you have.

To post pics here, it's not hard to do. Don't use attach files. That's why your getting the message you are..

Instead open a free account on a picture hosting website such as photo bucket. That account will ask you to attach pictures to that account. decide where you want your pictures to come from, either your phone or camera. Then copy the picture from that site & paste it here in your message box.

liteweight
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote