HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-10-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default ? about Master Cutoff switch

I was told by a tech official at the Reynolds points race that the "push/pull" type switch would be required in '08. I see in the new rule book that if the "push/pull" type is used "push" must be the action for shutting off power, exactly what the tech man told me, but I still see that the old style 1/4 turn type switches are still described as acceptable.

Was anyone else told this, or was it just me?
Old 12-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
Jim Blankenship

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: ? about Master Cutoff switch

the push = off has always been rule.
i was told YEARS ago if ya back into wall in a crash it turns batterys off (yes a tech man said this)
haven't gotten a rule book to read yet so no clue about the 1/4 turn but long as it's labled off and on , i can't see a prob with them jim
Old 12-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Just got my rulebook today. According to Section 8:4 of the General Regulations - Electrical / Control Section (Page 90), it states:

Master Cutoff
Mandatory when battery is relocated, or as outlined in Class Requirements. An electrical power cutoff switch (one only) must be installed on the rearmost part of each vehicle and be easily accessible from outside the car body. This cutoff switch must be connected to the positive side of the electrical systems and must stop all electrical functions including magneto ignition. The off position must be clearly indicated with the word "OFF." If switch is "push/pull" type, "puss" must be the action for shutting off the electrical system, "pull" to turn it on. Any rods or cables used to activate the switch must be minimum 1/8-inch diameter. Plastic or keyed switched prohibited. Switches and/or controls must be located behind rear wheels on rear-engine dragsters.

So, from that, 1/4 turn switches are still legal.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
Joe Pinkston

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the input Jim and Jason.

The person that teched my car at Reynolds was Harry Farari (someone correct me on his last name). I think he is from the Div. 1 area, so I'm sure some of you know who I'm talking about. He did tell me I needed to move the mounting point for my crotch strap, and that is clarified in the '08 rule book exactly as he told me it would be.

I'm not trying to slam Harry in any way. He has always been very friendly and sociable to me every time I've been in his line to be teched. I think he is a good person and does his job as a tech official very well. Maybe he was mistaken or mis-informed on the cutoff switch rule.

Maybe I was the only one that was told this.