HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 08-05-2022, 07:28 PM   #1
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts
Default Northeast Division Director

Hey guys, I just saw this posted on the NHRA competition site. Division 1 will be looking for a new Director. From what I read, this will be Dave Mohn's last year as the D1 Director, he has been with Division 1 since 1995... wow has time flew by. Dave was easy to work with, and it will not be the same without seeing him at a D1 race. The big question is, who will replace him. It will be tough to fill the position to say the least. Its kind of a thankless job, and not a big pool of qualified people to choose from. Next year will be very interesting for D1
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 11:01 PM   #2
Mike Volkman

Liked 491 Times in 46 Posts
Smile Re: Northeast Division Director - Retiring

Thank you Mr. Dave Mohn for years of service and hope you enjoy your retirement. Dave's been there since 1995 if I'm correct and has always looked out for the racers and tried to make the best decisions. We appreciate you and all your efforts and support.

Thot I'd say this before someone else did.... As usual, NHRA's autocratic approach to their people, members and fans shines through. Would have been nice if their post would have congratulated Dave for years of service and accomplishments, instead of leaving people to wonder why the replacement.

Now that this is said for everyone....Leave NHRA management out of it and give Dave and his family the recognition he deserves. Well done Dave.
Mike Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 09:43 AM   #3
RKelliher

Liked 146 Times in 46 Posts
Default Re: Northeast Division Director

Will miss Dave at the helm of Div. 1 He is a racers' director. He helped me on many occasions. He will be missed. Job well done.
RKelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #4
Kevin Panzino

Liked 547 Times in 105 Posts

Dave is absolutely first class and first rate !!!
Kevin Panzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:51 AM   #5
SGSST109E

Liked 124 Times in 58 Posts

I have raced under four D1 directors. Darwin Doll, Greg Xakellis, Bob Lang and Dave Mohn. I think Dave is the best of the group and he benefited from Greg and Bob's experience to become the D1 Director he is today.
SGSST109E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #6
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts

I can say Dave was very seen around the pits at Atco this past weekend after the announcement was made. We spoke a few times and he basically said it was time. He mentioned that Jodi sacrificed so much over 27 years of him being with NHRA and being on the road when they could have been on vacation. He missed a lot of his kids growing up and was ready to enjoy life more. I think some of us tend to forget that even though we have 7-8 D1 races a year the job is way more than that. It's countless times going to NHRA Nationals in other Divisions, working on the D1 Open Schedule up in Toronto, Miramachi when some of us are on a family vacation and working on trying to keep tracks open / getting them to come to the NHRA brand. Dave has done a good job being dealt with alot (Pandemic, EV) and from what he said he wasn't forced out, he just said it was time to enjoy his life at 55. I'm sure he will still be seen around the racetrack for visits. We wish him all the best!

As far as a replacement, I'm not sure who it might be. As someone said above, it's a thankless job so it will be interesting to say the least in the next few months but, I'm sure even if one isn't named, I think the guys who have worked under Dave could hold down the fort till someone is announced.
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote