HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2023, 11:37 AM   #101
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,558 Times in 431 Posts
Default Re: Driver Interviews

Did you know Chuck Stubeck was a Hollywood police officer for 37 years? Awesome 440 6-pack car looks great and turns out nice times. Chuck does something we've all done.. watch what happens.

Old 01-26-2023, 12:43 PM   #102
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,282 Times in 606 Posts

Great interview Bobby. Answered all my questions about the car. What a stand up guy Chuck is. Met Johnny Cash - -very cool.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:58 PM   #103
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 229 Times in 79 Posts

Bobby…Another Fine Interview. Chuck's car is one my favourite Super Stockers. I had the pleasure of meeting Chuck Stubeck at Fellow Super Stock Racer the late Jim Isherwood's Memorial Service. Chuck made the journey from California to Mission B.C. to Honour our Friend. Jim spoke highly of you and your car.

Chuck, You put The Class in Class Racer.

MB
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 04:00 PM   #104
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts

Bobby
How do I watch Tuesday Tell All live? I know dumb question but I’m new to YouTube.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-02-2023, 09:09 AM   #105
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Petrie E395 View Post
Bobby
How do I watch Tuesday Tell All live? I know dumb question but I’m new to YouTube.
Hi Rob, head to the YouTube channel and hit the subscribe button. It should alert you to any new content or when I go live, usually Tuesdays at noon EST.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:35 PM   #106
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Orlando results, banquet "cocktail" hour, and who knows what else...

Old 02-07-2023, 04:19 PM   #107
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

Why revisit the blinder rule because people suck. Your words not mine Bobby, in your pod cast today.
I guess blinder guys like Jeff Taylor, Brad Zaskowski, and Greg Standfield just suck (according to you). Once again, your words not mine.

Here is a crazy idea maybe NHRA could focus on the Tech side of the sport a little more than someone's personal driving style. I mean where does this stop? When a sanctioning body like NHRA is telling people how they can or can’t drive a race car that they OWN that might be a problem. I don't care if you count the bulbs as the tree comes down or stare at the bottom blub or God forbid blind out the top two bulbs on the tree. Do whatever works for you. I have yet to hear an example from NHRA or anyone about an accident in the pits that was caused from someone not being able to see because of a blinder. Other then when Romero ran over Mark Nowicki in fall Vegas staging lanes in 2007. And that's was a helmet blocking issue not a blinder issue.

I would think if NHRA was really truly concerned about racers safety they would institute a rule for top end excessive breaking. I mean there are 4-6 S/SS accidents per season due to this and yet nothing is said about this every year. So what is it NHRA, is it a Safety issue or a personal agenda.

This blinder BS all stems from one cry baby racer with some NHRA pull that has been crying to NHRA Brass about Greg Stanfield killing the tree every round this past season because he has a killer set up with a blinder. Its not a safety issue, it’s a racer that doesn’t blind crying. That is all nothing more.

Last edited by Charley Downing; 02-07-2023 at 04:58 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 07:59 PM   #108
Herbie Null

Liked 286 Times in 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Why revisit the blinder rule because people suck. Your words not mine Bobby, in your pod cast today.
I guess blinder guys like Jeff Taylor, Brad Zaskowski, and Greg Standfield just suck (according to you). Once again, your words not mine.

Here is a crazy idea maybe NHRA could focus on the Tech side of the sport a little more than someone's personal driving style. I mean where does this stop? When a sanctioning body like NHRA is telling people how they can or can’t drive a race car that they OWN that might be a problem. I don't care if you count the bulbs as the tree comes down or stare at the bottom blub or God forbid blind out the top two bulbs on the tree. Do whatever works for you. I have yet to hear an example from NHRA or anyone about an accident in the pits that was caused from someone not being able to see because of a blinder. Other then when Romero ran over Mark Nowicki in fall Vegas staging lanes in 2007. And that's was a helmet blocking issue not a blinder issue.

I would think if NHRA was really truly concerned about racers safety they would institute a rule for top end excessive breaking. I mean there are 4-6 S/SS accidents per season due to this and yet nothing is said about this every year. So what is it NHRA, is it a Safety issue or a personal agenda.

This blinder BS all stems from one cry baby racer with some NHRA pull that has been crying to NHRA Brass about Greg Stanfield killing the tree every round this past season because he has a killer set up with a blinder. Its not a safety issue, it’s a racer that doesn’t blind crying. That is all nothing more.
I just have two words for you Charley, Nailed It!!!
Old 02-07-2023, 10:37 PM   #109
GTS340

Liked 1,074 Times in 335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fazio View Post
Shake off the winter blues and check out my first interview from Pomona: Jammin' Jerry. Lots more to come from this race so stay tuned!

What was the towel used for
GTS340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:13 PM   #110
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Someone commented live and said there were lots of red lights/bad lights this weekend due to no blockers so now the "safety rule" is being revisited. That's comical and makes for good material. People sucking without blockers is cause for revisiting a rule that was so hell-bent on safety last week. Yep my words. Don't let my apathy toward blockers be confused with opposition toward them. Anyone who watches my show knows I don't care who has them. A common sense approach makes more sense than a ban and that is probably what is coming next.

Now onto your words...who said anything about those drivers not being good? Go listen again, about 3.5 million more times, and click on all the commercials. It starts right about here.

As for your 2nd-4th points.. I literally touch on this stuff on a weekly basis. Maybe I'll tackle excessive braking next week. Keep watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post

Liked