HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-28-2023, 06:06 PM   #41
Dave Casey
VIP Member

Liked 579 Times in 126 Posts
Default Re: "Live From" Maple Grove Raceway D1 LODRS

Wallace "Pie" Dent over Dave Ficacci in stock , Marty Rinehart over Duane Hoven in super stock

Most excitement I saw was the Heads up between Ficacci and Gray in the semis, good close pedal down run
Old 05-28-2023, 09:52 PM   #42
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,416 Times in 1,683 Posts

What happened to the Top 8 shootouts?
Anyone have the Q sheet for S/SS ?
Old 05-28-2023, 10:55 PM   #43
B Parker

Liked 2,312 Times in 455 Posts

Thank You Maple Grove Crew. One of the best consistent starting lines I have been on in a long time. The key word is consistent!! They stayed after it all weekend. I can only hope with the extra $25 entrance fee the rest of the D1 tracks do the same. My crew guy Kevin Fuller said he had a hard time keeping his sneaker on all weekend lining me up. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 04:48 AM   #44
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,664 Times in 851 Posts

Went through the race last night on NHRA.TV and was very impressed by Rinehart’s win. Take a look at DRC and his numbers…WOW.
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 07:30 AM   #45
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts

Hey guys another cool in car cam... I'll be back later with a few more photos and thoughts on the race.

Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 09:23 AM   #46
Jack Matyas
Live Reporter

Liked 1,578 Times in 322 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jack Matyas
Thumbs down Re: "Live From" Maple Grove Raceway D1 LODRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
Thank You Maple Grove Crew. One of the best consistent starting lines I have been on in a long time. The key word is consistent!! They stayed after it all weekend. I can only hope with the extra $25 entrance fee the rest of the D1 tracks do the same. My crew guy Kevin Fuller said he had a hard time keeping his sneaker on all weekend lining me up. BP

Barry - Sorry I can't agree with you and I'm sure I'm not alone - the starting line was great during test n tune and thru the Q runs but it went downhill during round one ......The extra $25 didn't get us a thing - we paid for a decent track and didn't get it at all times.
Old 05-29-2023, 11:29 AM   #47
Ken Kopecky

Liked 268 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone View Post
What happened to the Top 8 shootouts?
Hi Mark. The Top 8 Shootouts were cancelled because there were a couple of long down time periods for oil cleanup. They just ran out of time.

Ken Kopecky
1454 E/SA
Ken Kopecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 02:27 PM   #48
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,006 Times in 1,223 Posts

Hey guys, I different angle from Q3 Super Stock...

Jack posted he had issues with the traction, but for me and most of the cars I saw along with the racers I talked to it was not an issue. Not saying racers were not having traction issues, just saying it was not wide spread. I think over all the race went well, the weather was perfect, and as many of you know, Maple Grove weather can be unpredictable.

The car count was also good, I was told 540 plus, with most of them coming from Stock and Super Stock... it seemed like the old days as far as car counts go. We had some down time, but I think for the most part it was a good race.

The only issue I had for last weeks race was test and tune. I did not test, but for $125 you would think you could get test runs in a timely manner. If you did not get to lanes early you mostly likely had to wait a long time or miss out completely. I don't like to put down any class, but the Alcohol cars make the test and tune very difficult for the rest of the racers. They called them in sessions, but it never seems to work well. I was in the lanes when Alcohol was in the lanes and it was 10 or 15 minutes with nothing going down the track as the drivers were getting suited up and strapped in their cars. You think they could have run some cars down the track while the alcohol cars were getting ready... I don't get that.

I don't know what the answer is, but for me I would not do a test and tune at points race... you never know how the day will go... its just not worth it. Opens seem to work out much better.

Anyway, it was good to be back in D1. My next race will be at Bristol next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6571.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	67389   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6590.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	67390   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6603.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	67391  

Name:	IMG_6605.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	67392   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6607.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	67393   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6615.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	67394  

Name:	IMG_6611.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	67395   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6644.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	67396   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6625.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	67397  

Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 03:40 PM   #49
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Hey guys it was a quick trip for us kind of last minute as we decided since it was going to rain here all weekend and not a Maple Grove, who knew right? We enjoyed our trip got to see alot of people and didn't get around to seeing everyone but I plan to be at the Numidia double so hopefully if I didn't get chance to see you this past weekend I'll catch up with you there. I rolled in the driveway around 3am last night getting a little too old for that but the sun was peeking out here today so got the kids out on the boat so everyone is happy. Like Ken next race will be Bristol so see you there.
Old 05-29-2023, 08:58 PM   #50
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Miele View Post
Hey guys, I different angle from Q3 Super Stock...

Jack posted he had issues with the traction, but for me and most of the cars I saw along with the racers I talked to it was not an issue. Not saying racers were not having traction issues, just saying it was not wide spread. I think over all the race went well, the weather was perfect, and as many of you know, Maple Grove weather can be unpredictable.

The car count was also good, I was told 540 plus, with most of them coming from Stock and Super Stock... it seemed like the old days as far as car counts go. We had some down time, but I think for the most part it was a good race.

The only issue I had for last weeks race was test and tune. I did not test, but for $125 you would think you could get test runs in a timely manner. If you did not get to lanes early you mostly likely had to wait a long time or miss out completely. I don't like to put down any class, but the Alcohol cars make the test and tune very difficult for the rest of the racers. They called them in sessions, but it never seems to work well. I was in the lanes when Alcohol was in the lanes and it was 10 or 15 minutes with nothing going down the track as the drivers were getting suited up and strapped in their cars. You think they could have run some cars down the track while the alcohol cars were getting ready... I don't get that.

I don't know what the answer is, but for me I would not do a test and tune at points race... you never know how the day will go... its just not worth it. Opens seem to work out much better.

Anyway, it was good to be back in D1. My next race will be at Bristol next week.
And I thought 75.00 was expensive here in D4 for test at tune. The problem we have down here is on tnt there is no track prep by the track. So you can’t learn anything as the next day for qualifying the track is prepped….
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote