HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech

Old 06-22-2019, 12:44 AM   #21
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts
Default Re: The MSD Grid System

If you watch the track prep at National Events, Every time they start to spray the traction compound, on the starting line, they will put wooden covers down between the groove and the beams. I think this is to help cut down on the "shiny" coating being too close to the beams. Has anyone else noticed this?
Dan
Liked
Old 06-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #22
63corvette

Liked 279 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
If you watch the track prep at National Events, Every time they start to spray the traction compound, on the starting line, they will put wooden covers down between the groove and the beams. I think this is to help cut down on the "shiny" coating being too close to the beams. Has anyone else noticed this?
Dan
I have noticed the same thing.
I have also noticed that the spraying of the entire track has almost stopped completely.
I lost at Topeka's national on Saturday and watched all day Sunday and there was very limited spraying of the track even during the Pro Mod session which lasted over an hour due to all the crashes. That was the first time this year I have watched on Sunday and the track prep looks totally different than past years.
The Las Vegas national also had the NHRA tech check for the grid on the losers (for SG anyway) and plugging into it. One of the friends was checked. I am not sure what they were looking for however, it was only for the early rounds. I lost 4th round Sunday and they did not check me. I do not have the grid so that may have been why.
Our friends who run Top Sportsman were also asked if they had a grid and they did not so they let them go by.
Just My Observations
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #23
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

The track prep has changed dramatically, Not only don't they spray the whole track, the VHT or PJ1 is diluted so it's not as sticky. This is all an attempt to slow the pro cars down.
Dan

Last edited by voltdr; 06-22-2019 at 04:25 PM.
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:08 AM   #24
Shake & Bake

Liked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Post Re: The MSD Grid System

voltdr,
I too have noticed them putting wooden covers down between the groove and the beams when they spray the track between rounds.
Shake & Bake is offline   Reply With Quote