HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #31
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,708 Times in 853 Posts
Default Re: What Pro stock could and maybe should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjack View Post
The bottom line is......it doesn't matter what we or the fans think. It will be what the Pro Stock racers association think. They may go as far as EFI of some spec for 2013, but other than that .....forget about it!
I'm with you...not sure why NHRA would rehash a ADRL class anyway. Pro Mod just demonstrates what they think the fans want and anything that slows the Pro Stock cars more is not likely.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #32
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Greg, when I'm visiting with Edwards I can't tell that the crowd at his pit area has gotten any smaller. The car count has gone down, but so has our's. I'm very interested in and impressed with the technology involved and much of the newer stuff we use trickled down from there. I don't see those cars any harder to tell apart than the ones on the street. They are no harder to tell apart than SS/GT or Comp cars. Much easier than funny cars or fuelers. People that don't understand or appreciate the technology and very close competition doesn't have to watch them. Don't expect them to be slowed down. As far as "drama" going down the track, who in their right mind would want to make a rule change that would put them at more risk of crashing their cars? Watch that 10.5 crap if that makes your motor run. There are people that are into that.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #33
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Greg, when I'm visiting with Edwards I can't tell that the crowd at his pit area has gotten any smaller. The car count has gone down, but so has our's. I'm very interested in and impressed with the technology involved and much of the newer stuff we use trickled down from there. I don't see those cars any harder to tell apart than the ones on the street. They are no harder to tell apart than SS/GT or Comp cars. Much easier than funny cars or fuelers. People that don't understand or appreciate the technology and very close competition doesn't have to watch them. Don't expect them to be slowed down. As far as "drama" going down the track, who in their right mind would want to make a rule change that would put them at more risk of crashing their cars? Watch that 10.5 crap if that makes your motor run. There are people that are into that.
Well said!
cutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #34
Steve Williams

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
If you hang around a Pro Stock pit area during a national event you would learn many, many do like them just like are. If you like Stockers, watch the Stockers. I don't think any of those guy, or Comp guys, have any interest at all in looking like Stockers. They have nobinterest in us and don't watch us either. More people watch them than us, or Comp.
Ed,

Speaking from my experience, you would be surprised at how many Comp guys/crews and Pro Stock guys/crews have some interest in Stock and Super Stock. Some even have cars of their own that they tinker with or have their kids in. Many don't know the HP stuff or some of the finer details, maybe like you and I do, but they have interest none the less. When a group of these racers stand and watch these cars run and shake their heads and comment about how fast some the upper class cars run is a true compliment. They understand that they are not the only guys that work hard at this. For the most part there is a true respect of the efforts and quality of cars that compete in these categories. Now there are also some that despise anything other than Comp and these are usually the ones that have been around forever and never competed in anything that has the amount of rules restrictions as Stock or Super Stock does. On a side note: If anybody here has not seen an Australian Pro Stocker make a pass on YouTube, you need to check it out and look into the rules. These cars are pretty impressive for 400 inches, but don't look for this kind of car in NHRA.
Steve Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #35
Dan Bernay

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

Stock/Superstock Forum?
Don't give a damn about Pro Stock.
Dan Bernay is offline   Reply With Quote