HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #51
partsbob67

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Lucas Oil Schedule is Up on DRC

bakersfield probably wouldn't go ihra. doubt they want to lose the hot rod reunion race. big money for the track at both of those nostalgia races. it would be nice to have ihra races out here, closer to home.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #52
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 939 Times in 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7423 View Post
D1 has the most races, and the shortest season. D7 has the longest season, the least amount of races and the most traveling between them. SoCal is where it all began and it seems like the first place it will end. Sad.............................very sad.
Sorry Charlie, I think most Div.6 racers would love to have 6 NHRA National events in our division. As it is we have just one, at Seattle. Our next "closest" Nat`l event is Sonoma, and for me, thats about 1,000 miles each way. For the Div.6 racers from Alberta or Saskatchewan, add another 12-20 hours each way. With the Medford Oregon LODRS race being moved to Woodburn next year, I have the option to hit 5 divisional races within 6 hours of home, for the 1rst time I can recall, but Boise would still be closer to 12 hours.
I`m sure that each division has it`s own positives and negatives, but at least in Div.7, you guys get the nice weather , rust free older cars, and get to view all them "California goils"!!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #53

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Make a deal with ya Rory........you can have all of our national events and we keep the SoCal girls.
Nationals are not big on my hit list since the $305 entry.
Not alot of bang for the buck, ya know?
7423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 AM   #54
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Post Re: Lucas Oil Schedule is Up on DRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
They just made it more expensive to race in Division 7............

They eliminated Bakersfield (210 miles) & Medford (422 miles) from Gilroy, CA.......

To race at the 5 Division 7 races it is a total tow of 4,400 miles........

NHRA just raised the cost of racing again......

Bob
And to think this divisions layout 5yrs ago is what attracted me to D7 in the first place. Now D7 looks about the same as D5 for Colorado racers (at least Colorado racers had options of Vegas, Noble, and Boise actually Acton, Mt., before the went away)! Az., and SoCal racers don't have such options...

Looks like they just priced me out...IHRA, here I come! There may be some tows involved (with them too), but at least their entry fees will be cheaper, their divisionals are two for one (two races for one wknd), and IHRA's creating a D7 too, along with that Summit Sportsman Spectacular event getting closer to us southwestern racers too!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 AM   #55
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Post Re: Lucas Oil Schedule is Up on DRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andys dad View Post
How about an IHRA race in Bakersfield?

If they can refuse a divisional race maybe they are not owned by NHRA

Danny Waters - get on it

I'm not sure who Danny Waters is, but I can say that with Paul (Jody) Plummer, Brian Sanderson, and my help to increase this years turn out for the Salt Lake City Nitro Jam race, next years event will be a regular national event with spot in the World Finals race going to the winners in all of the sportsman categories!!!

IHRA must have races closer than 2000 miles to So Cal

Not only is the Salt Lake City race closer than that, but even San Antonio, Tx. is closer, and they're going to get that big Summit Sportsman Spectacular next season, and I'll give you (at least), $5,000 reasons you should attend it (per each sportsman class)!!!

IHRA has to quit being an east coast and mid-west association

They are, and Skooter Peaco (Vice President of Race Operations), is willing to talk with you and anyone else interested in hearing what IHRA is trying to bring out west...call him at (419) 663-6666...he's a vp, and I've talked with him just as easily as I have with my racing buds here on this site...you think Glendora's vp would do that? NOT!!!

IHRA give us a choice here on the west coast

Stay tuned to IHRA.com, because as they release their 2012 schedule, those choices will be disclosed for us, but rest assure, Tucson, San Antonio, and Salt Lake City are just the beginning for us westerners!!!

Hold the race in conflict with an NHRA race and see if we go to your IHRA race at Bakersfield or some NHRA race hundreds of miles away

This is IHRA's window of opportunity - take it - jump at the chance

:-) peace
I hope you saw the inserts I placed within your quotes, IHRA is making strides to get out our way, and the news will be released on their website (just like they did last Friday with the announcement of an IHRA Div. 7). Call Skooter if you want to, but keep reading the IHRA.com website, or this site, as either I, Matt Hawk (btw CONGRATS ON YOUR NO-BOX WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WIN, AND THAT $20K IN CASH AND PRIZES MATT!!!), and or Michael Beard, et.al., will be posting something about them here in the near future....HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote