HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default 60 foot times...err I mean racing!!!

FYI: please don't kill me...I'm just the messenger, lol.
.................................................. .................................................. ............................
He’s coming baaaaack!

The Agent heard from TV drag racing producer Rich Christensen of Pinks and Pinks All Out fame that he has come up with a new drag show for TV. He is going to call it “Hook” and it will be drag racing indoors!

Christensen explained that he wants to have sixty-foot drag races in indoor arenas around the country that would be televised. Rich told the Agent he would probably have an eight-car qualified field with the cars picked similarly to the way they were on Pinks All Out.

In order to accommodate both the indoor racing and put all the racers on a level playing field he will not allow burnouts but dry hops would be mandatory. Christensen said there will be minimal track prep so that cars aren’t going 100 mph plus in 60 feet and then trying to stop in a couple of hundred feet.

The Agent would pay 20 bucks or so to sit inside watching drag racing in a controlled climate with an adult beverage during the winter and wouldn’t care if the distance is just 60 feet. Drag racing is drag racing, right? Interested parties can contact Christensen at rich@richchristensen.com.

http://www.dragracingonline.com/agen...iii_10-72.html
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Pvt Parts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: 60 foot times...err I mean racing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi Moose View Post
FYI: please don't kill me...I'm just the messenger, lol.
.................................................. .................................................. ............................
He’s coming baaaaack!

The Agent heard from TV drag racing producer Rich Christensen of Pinks and Pinks All Out fame that he has come up with a new drag show for TV. He is going to call it “Hook” and it will be drag racing indoors!

Christensen explained that he wants to have sixty-foot drag races in indoor arenas around the country that would be televised. Rich told the Agent he would probably have an eight-car qualified field with the cars picked similarly to the way they were on Pinks All Out.

In order to accommodate both the indoor racing and put all the racers on a level playing field he will not allow burnouts but dry hops would be mandatory. Christensen said there will be minimal track prep so that cars aren’t going 100 mph plus in 60 feet and then trying to stop in a couple of hundred feet.

The Agent would pay 20 bucks or so to sit inside watching drag racing in a controlled climate with an adult beverage during the winter and wouldn’t care if the distance is just 60 feet. Drag racing is drag racing, right? Interested parties can contact Christensen at rich@richchristensen.com.

http://www.dragracingonline.com/agen...iii_10-72.html

Believe it or not, that's not anything new. A local track in Muncie Indiana held the 60' Nationals back in 1974. Others may have done it as well but that's an experience I will never forget.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
hadtobethere

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: 60 foot times...err I mean racing!!!

I heard of a guy that tried this in his garage, he had to patch the big hole he ended up with................talk about 'running it out the back door'
hadtobethere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:43 AM   #4
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.First 60' is propably the most intense part of the ride for
most cars,especially S/SS.I'm sure they would have a problem with environmental laws
running cars in a closed area.
They did do inside drag racing in the 70's for a while.Didn't go anywhere.
A car show I went to this year at Wall Stadium (paved oval track) was supposed to have
100' drags.NJ State police informed club running show they needed to have walls on both sides AND a catch net.This is an oval track with outer walls.Duhhhhhh.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
Jason

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Seeing how popular Pinks was, this Dude will pull it off. It will work for a couple years, especially in the Winter months. Once again it will be mostly the younger crowd that shows up to spectate.

And I'd bet that some on this forum will even participate.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
Bunkster

Liked 43 Times in 10 Posts

Probably mandatory would be remote control shut-offs on each vehicle, similar to monster trucks and tractor pulls.

I think Travis knows a thing or two about those.
Bunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
chris ok

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Hole Shot Drag Racing Assoc. Is what we have on Long Island this year from a group form I think Connecticut. Largest showing had over 120 cars. 100 feet. 3.00 and faster, 3.01 and slower. It was actually fun, which is all we had so...........
http://100footdrags.com/default.aspx

we did it across the ifield of riverhead raceway.
LI needs a Track!!!!!!!
chris ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
rickseeman

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I went to Pinks in Memphis in 2009. The place was packed with spectators. That kind of stuff is good for drag racing.
rickseeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #9
Bridgewater7185

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I heard a guy in Chino, Ca. did this years ago on a motorcycle...lmao...Clark
Bridgewater7185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #10
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

I guess this indoor racing stuff isn't something new, here's some old photos taken in Chicago from way back.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5233969...49125187/show/
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote