Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #31
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Default Re: 2016 NHRA National Events Quotas

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzinhalfdozen View Post
As I rarely go to any except Norwalks national I'm not sure as to the parking arrangements. But at Norwalk you park in a designated spot under the eye of an official. Been pretty tight a few times but don't really need a quarter acre to race my car....Though I've witnessed a few that feel they do. The "Marking of ones territory" I'll leave to my dog and just do the best I can in the space I'm given.
It's pretty much the same everywhere I've been also although the officials tend to be a little more relaxed with the space when they are getting close to getting everyone in. First race at Charlotte this year quite a few had to be parked on the opposite side but the second race there was only a couple of us that had to. The Bristol race they had them stacked on like cord wood and there still wasn't enough room even though they were quite short of meeting the set quotas in most classes.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:04 PM   #32
partsbob67

Liked 37 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
With the loss of revenue due to less cars on the property look for entry fees to increase in 2016. Remember, you heard it here first.
from what I understand NHRA charges a flat fee for an event. so the money is lost for the track, not NHRA.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #33
Casey Miles

Liked 445 Times in 83 Posts

I can't put into words the way NHRA does business, they push away car counts when most tracks would beg to get the participation from racers. Their batting average is also terrible towards tracks that used to be in their fold. As a business, I don't understand how NHRA stays afloat paying big salaries to a limited few and nothing in caparison to purses for the racers that race NHRA. You would think that NHRA would have an open invitation to any race for any racer who wants to go. The excuse of limited parking is a ploy is to keep everyone that it is "special" to be able to go to national events. Sort of Harley Davidson when they only make a certain amount of motorcycles a year they were "special", not that way anymore.
I went to the Foot Brake challenge in Bristol, the car count wasn't the same as a NHRA national event. But the promoters had cold water everyday for the racers and a thank you BBQ for the racers also. Prizes for best losing packages were a part of the race along with smiles The biggest part of it was that the entry fee matched the purse, not the same as NHRA's way of thinking.
I will still race the NHRA races when they allow me.

Casey Miles
248H Stock
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #34
tpoh815

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts
Cool Re: 2016 NHRA National Events Quotas

* Subject to change! I'm sure it will.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #35
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,701 Times in 852 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoh815 View Post
* Subject to change! I'm sure it will.
Very true, they can increase the quota if it looks doable from a pit space perspective and they've done it more times than I can count. Since sportsman racers are their cash cow this may simply be a tactic for supporting the tracks hosting divisionals and opens since it may encourage folks to build up the grade points.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:40 PM   #36
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24

I'm glad nobody complained about why the Mile High Nationals is only allowing 45 stockers, and 45 Super Stockers there this year, because all they have to do is look at last years final qualifying lists to see that in stock there was only 34 vehicles listed in that category....of which "8" of those racers were from outside D5!!!! Super Stock was much worse as only 16 racers filled that field, and "2" of them were non-D5 racers!!!! With stats like those, I'm surprised NHRA hasn't reduced the Stock and Super Stock Field sizes down to 35 each!

So far for this years race there's only "3" Super Stockers, and "4" (including me) Stockers entered into the field (Grade 4 racers could enter as of yesterday). It's going to be interesting to see just how many more enter both categories (especially since non of us entered thus-far are D5 area racers)!!??
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 06-09-2016 at 11:42 PM.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote