HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #11
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,678 Times in 850 Posts
Default Re: Carguy49's Road Trip

Great that you guys are getting to do this. We were out west all summer with our RV (next summer to Alaska) and as usual Glacier National Park was the highlight. Bear Tooth Pass (Hwy 212 out of Red Lodge) is amazing if it's still open and you can go all the way into Yellowstone.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #12
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,629 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Great that you guys are getting to do this. We were out west all summer with our RV (next summer to Alaska) and as usual Glacier National Park was the highlight. Bear Tooth Pass (Hwy 212 out of Red Lodge) is amazing if it's still open and you can go all the way into Yellowstone.
Cant wait to hear about that Alaska road trip. That is definitely on my bucket list.

Carguy49, I hope you and your wife are having the time if your life. A trip like that is better than medicine.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:17 AM   #13
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,430 Times in 1,952 Posts

Hope ya'll are having fun!! We have had loads of fun and met so many wonderful people on our "Live" from tours! We are planning on another one starting next week if all goes well.

Lots of get well wishes for your wife!

Patsy and Larry
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:35 PM   #14
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Carguy49's Road Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Hope ya'll are having fun!! We have had loads of fun and met so many wonderful people on our "Live" from tours! We are planning on another one starting next week if all goes well.

Lots of get well wishes for your wife!

Patsy and Larry
Hope all goes well then,,Patsy. Perhaps I'll run across you 2 in Vegas,,, never been there, looking forward to it.
Ron,, glad you 2 are having a fun safe trip,, give me a buzz when you get back, I have something for you.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:29 PM   #15
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,225 Times in 594 Posts

Well, here it is Friday Oct. 9th and we are in Missoula, Mt. and still having fun.
Since this trip was planned around my wife's health, want to say she is having a great time. Having to take a few pain pills along the way, but that is what they are for - comfort.

We have had great weather and are thoroughly enjoying each day of our trip. Spent Thursday night with my wife's cousin near Helena, Mt. Got off the Interstate for most of the day today and saw some very cool sights. Small town America is very cool. We spent an hour or so at a Memorial in Butte, Mt. for all those who lost their lives in mining accidents - very emotional to see.

Leaving here in the morning and back roadding it from Spokane to Grand Coulee Dam. Will probably spend the night at the dam, and possibly going up through Leavenwoth, Wa. Not sure of the rest but will probably be home either Sunday or Monday.

Thanks to all who have left comments

Danny - I will call you soon after we get home, hope all is well with you, also.
Phillip Marvetz - Did not see a Durango towing a horse trailer but wasn't paying attention all the time.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:47 PM   #16
killer1

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Enjoy see ya at the races soon .Dave Barcelon!!!!!!!!!!!
killer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:17 PM   #17
Carguy49
VIP Member

Well the trip is over. Got home late Sunday evening. We didn't stay gone as long as first thought, but 10 days of fun and adventure. Spent our last night on the road at a motel across the street from Grand Coulee Dam -awesome.

I want to thank each and every one who either looked at or posted on this thread, meant a lot to both of us.

Been a busy 2 day since arriving back home. I will give final thoughts about our trip later this week, hopefully tomorrow.

Just so you know this trip was the best road trip I have ever been on. Spending 10 carefree days (24/7) with the one you love. The best medicine for both of us - doctors can't give us that, and you can't put a price on it.

Last edited by Carguy49; 11-26-2015 at 02:38 AM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #18
Carguy49
VIP Member

Well here are the final thoughts from our road trip.

We traveled almost 3100 miles and saw some amazing sights.
We saw license plates from 29 of the states and 3 provinces of Canada.
We talked to people from Florida, Indiana, New Jersey, Texas, Oregon, California, Sweden and a few places I have forgotten.
We had burgers in Montana, beer in Wyoming (me), pulled pork cheese fries in South Dakota and, really, great food wherever we stopped.

Cost of motels - too much.
Cost of souvenirs - too much.
Cost of food - too much.
Spending time with and enjoying my wife's company - PRICELESS!!!

In all, a great trip that is just what the doctor ordered for us both - Time spent was way better than any medicine that could be given.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:30 AM   #19
Carguy49
VIP Member

Just a little update. We are having 8 people over tomorrow for Thanksgiving and looking forward to a great day.

Joan is really excited about tomorrow. Went to the doctor today and is doing very well.

We want to thank all those who have viewed our trip report. It means a lot to both of us, especially my wife, who can't believe how many people have viewed it - at last count almost 2,350.

From us to all of you HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:54 PM   #20
Carguy49
VIP Member

I can't believe that it has been a year since I started this thread. Just a quick update on my wife's health. The treatments are ongoing and she is still doing well. She is still working part time and enjoying life each day. We have 2 of the grandkids this weekend and are having a ball. Thanks to all you have said prayers or expressed their well wishes.

My wife and I did get away about a month ago for a week on Vancouver Island. We had the opportunity to stay at a time share resort with some great friends. The resort is near Nanaimo and we saw some amazing scenery. Some minor issues, but nothing that we couldn't deal with. All-in-all we had an awesome time and took many pictures and did another book of pictures for our memories.