HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-23-2015, 02:53 PM   #21
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,789 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: 2016 NHRA National Events Quotas

Alan, space IS a problem........... but just for the Sportsmen. We've got to conserve so that the Toyota display can have their ferris wheel! In Vegas, there was one Sportsman entry carrying 4 cars who was initially told that they had to make due with one spot. It got fixed but, 4 cars/entries, one spot? Really?

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:55 PM   #22
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsc1954 View Post
Forcing people to go to more divisionals.
They're not forcing jack. I was a satisfied customer for a couple of years, and then they started laying straws on the camel's back at a surprisingly rapid rate. I'll spend my money elsewhere. Big money bracket racing provides live video coverage, and you can often get six shots at $5,000, $10,000, or even $20,000 in three days. The various regional S/SS Series provide a great bang for the buck and a 1-day or 2-day format for those "off" weekends.

Quote:
If My Math Is Correct 55 car fields also are only 5 round races with a bye round 1 and at 7 cars Math is not my strongest point
6-round races. And you get to blow 4-5 days of your life for the privilege for 1 shot. For those that are chasing their first Wally, or just like the tailgating atmosphere, I get it. That's just not for me anymore.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #23
SC321X

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Unhappy Re: 2016 NHRA National Events Quotas

I see that Topeka is not on the 2016 schedule. I wonder if will or could be added later?
SC321X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #24
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,867 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
I wonder when people will stop worrying about the rigs other people haul their race car to the track in. You'd think we had no real problems to concern ourselves with.
Just to be clear, I could personally care less who has what or how big their toterhome is. My point was that it could be the reason for reduced quotas.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #25
Pistol Pete
VIP Member

Liked 688 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Hard to believe only 65 stockers at E Town...WOW, there will be quite a few of disappointed D 1 guys and gals, ....With theses quotas grade points will really become more important. You know, NHRA is one of the few businesses that just flat out .......turns $$$$$$ away. .??
For the last i'd say 6 years i've been racing the Englishtown Nationals, the car count for Stock was always around 80-90 cars. A lot of that had to due with our S/SS Rep. to get
NHRA to add on more entries. (Thank You Kent Hanley).

They never filled up S/G or S/C so they added more entries for Stock & Always got 10-20 more cars to enter.
Englishtown uses both sides of the track for Pit Space, & i do believe theres enough room for us
Old 11-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #26
james schaechter
VIP Member

Liked 1,212 Times in 249 Posts

NHRA is an association of racers. Entertainment supportedby us, the membership. The quotas may need to be up or down, whatever. The reasons for the quotas and the intended goal should be public. Racers have some good ideas. If we knew what they were shooting for we could help. This isn't a matter of national security.

I think the lack of transparency reveals insecurity at the top. If the fear is the low Divison numbers, help the local tracks make the Divisionals a good deal for racers and tracks. Don't try to herd us there.

Right now, NHRA is competing with the many small associations running local races and offering much more value. If NHRA did a better job of serving the members, there would be no way a small association could compete with their series. Unfortunately, NHRA has become too top heavy and detached to realize this. It is kind of a role reversal. The small associations are made up of racers that out their blood sweat and tears in to the sport they love. Kind of like the original charter that made up NHRA.
Now, I know there are many many NHRA employees and officials that love the sport and support the common cause. I have to question if the upper a management has the experience to even understand the need for passion, for love of the sport. I fear to them, it is just a job. The sad part, is that they are the decision makers.
They have SRAC and other means to communicate with racers, but I don't think they take heed of the racer input. Coming to INDY and milling around with us isn't enough.
They need more input from local tracks and racers to help guide them. They need to ask their own people that DO interact with racers. If this is being done, great, but it is a big secret to the membership if it is.
I could see the car quota being lowered to compress the timeline. I doubt if they are doing this because of the toterhomes and stackers. If they were that aware, they would probably impose an additional fee for them.

Last edited by james schaechter; 11-23-2015 at 08:39 PM.
james schaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:05 PM   #27
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,867 Times in 641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
NHRA is an association of racers. Entertainment supportedby us, the membership. The quotas may need to be up or down, whatever. The reasons for the quotas and the intended goal should be public. Racers have some good ideas. If we knew what they were shooting for we could help. This isn't a matter of national security.

I think the lack of transparency reveals insecurity at the top. If the fear is the low Divison numbers, help the local tracks make the Divisionals a good deal for racers and tracks. Don't try to herd us there.

Right now, NHRA is competing with the many small associations running local races and offering much more value. If NHRA did a better job of serving the members, there would be no way a small association could compete with their series. Unfortunately, NHRA has become too top heavy and detached to realize this. It is kind of a role reversal. The small associations are made up of racers that out their blood sweat and tears in to the sport they love. Kind of like the original charter that made up NHRA.
Now, I know there are many many NHRA employees and officials that love the sport and support the common cause. I have to question if the upper a management has the experience to even understand the need for passion, for love of the sport. I fear to them, it is just a job. The sad part, is that they are the decision makers.
They have SRAC and other means to communicate with racers, but I don't think they take heed of the racer input. Coming to INDY and milling around with us isn't enough.
They need more input from local tracks and racers to help guide them. They need to ask their own people that DO interact with racers. If this is being done, great, but it is a big secret to the membership if it is.
I could see the car quota being lowered to compress the timeline. I doubt if they are doing this because of the toterhomes and stackers. If they were that aware, they would probably impose an additional fee for them.
Very good post on all accounts and I do agree that time constraints could be an issue but I wouldn't dismiss the theory about size of rigs either. I'm one of those late arrivers and twice this year there was not room for me to park with everyone else. At Bristol they had me park by the round track and Charlotte I had to park on the opposite side.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #28
Ven302

Liked 28 Times in 6 Posts

They are just making room for the insurgence of Pro-Stocks, what with the new rules and all. Everybody will want one!
Ven302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:50 PM   #29
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,616 Times in 1,290 Posts

With the loss of revenue due to less cars on the property look for entry fees to increase in 2016. Remember, you heard it here first.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:13 PM   #30
buzzinhalfdozen

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
Very good post on all accounts and I do agree that time constraints could be an issue but I wouldn't dismiss the theory about size of rigs either. I'm one of those late arrivers and twice this year there was not room for me to park with everyone else. At Bristol they had me park by the round track and Charlotte I had to park on the opposite side.
As I rarely go to any except Norwalks national I'm not sure as to the parking arrangements. But at Norwalk you park in a designated spot under the eye of an official. Been pretty tight a few times but don't really need a quarter acre to race my car....Though I've witnessed a few that feel they do. The "Marking of ones territory" I'll leave to my dog and just do the best I can in the space I'm given.