HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Liked 80 Times in 34 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr
Default 2 S/SS races Nov 1-2, Hagerstown MD, $2,000 or more to win

Mason-Dixon Stock/Super Stock Fall Classic, November 1-2

Open to all NHRA and IHRA-legal S/SS cars, as well as Nostalgia/Super Stock.
All NHRA/IHRA cars must dial their Class Index or quicker. Using IHRA Indexes, or current NHRA Index +.3 (11.30 A/SA, 10.00 SSA/A, etc). N/SS dial to the nearest hundredth.
Mason-Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown MD
On US 40, approx. four miles east of I-70 exits 32; 1/2 mile east of the big Sheetz at state route 66.

Weekend schedule:
Early parking all week.

Saturday November 1
Gates open: 9 am
Test and Tune 12pm-5pm; $30 (paid to track). Crew/spectators $10
T-n-T is not called in sessions. You just go up when you want to make a run. Usually we have dedicated lanes to us. When first round is called (approx 2:30 pm), you come up and pay us your $50 entry if you haven't already. Random pairing for first round. First round bye run chosen at random. If you are chosen, please move over out of line if you can. Cars laddered for second round based on winning reaction times. If a tie, closest to the dial (on the plus side first) wins. If still a tie, the driver doing it first gets the higher spot on the ladder. Round money starts $50 third round loser.
Racers dinner: 7:00 pm, Hard Times Cafe (across from the now-closed Crazy Horse)

Sunday November 2
Gates open: 9 am
Time trials: 11:30 am
$10 tech card fee, paid to the track. $10 crew/spectator. Two time trials. First round will follow, $100 entry, at least $2K to win. First round random pairings. Bye run, if there is one, goes to the driver with the best reaction time on the final time trial (we will pull you to the side and let you run last). Cars laddered for round 2 by RT, same as Saturday. Round money starts $100 third round loser. Guaranteed $2,000 (or more) to win.

Last two races for the 2014 Tri-State S/SS Association (and last two points events).
Pay your entry in the morning each day during first time trial. If you break and can not make first round that day, half of your entry is refunded (the other half into the race purse).

Bonus money into each days race: $50 into Saturday and $100 into Sunday, thanks to Jim Lydon. Also a prize package to each days winner thanks to Dennis Roberts of www.robertsfamilymotorsports.com

Example payouts each day:
Saturday $50 race, 40 cars ($2,050 purse)
3rd round - $50
4th round - 100
5th round - 200 (semis)
Runner-up and Win - 450 and 950

Sunday, $100 race, 60 cars ($6,100 purse)
3rd round - $100
4th round - 200
5th round - 500 (semis)
Runner-up and Win - 1,200 and 2,400

And, as always, more cars = biger purses = higher payouts. If any racers, companies, etc would like to get involved with the race, please let me know. Contributions can be anything. Money into the purse(s), Long distance tow, best first round package, first dead-on-with-a zero, etc, whatever you would like to do. My e-mail and phone number are in my signature on here.

This will be the fifth year of having at least $2,000 to win on the Sunday event. Two of the last three years, we have had over seventy cars for the weekend. And this will be one of the highest paying S/SS combo races in the country, even without the benefit of major sponsorship. And it will be the twentieth straight year for me to be at this event helping in some fashion. Always a great way to end the year, to race one more weekend for some darn good money and see many of our friends one last time before winter. Yes, it can get a little chilly here in November, but I have been there when it was near/above eighty degrees. The track works great and the air can be FAST (we had a year once where the air never got worse than +200' DA on Saturday). The kind of air that is good for bigtime runs.

Fore more information, call Mike Carr (724) 510-5912

Hope to see you November 1-2 for the annual Mason-Dixon S/SS Fall Classic !!

Last edited by Mike Carr; 09-30-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Mike Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #2
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: 2 S/SS races Nov 1-2, Hagerstown MD, $2,000 or more to w

We moved our $20K Doorslammer race back a week this year, so I should actually be able to make it this year. Hopefully will have the Volare back and tested before then. Looking forward to it!
Old 09-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
Mike Bassin

Liked 117 Times in 18 Posts
Smile Re: 2 S/SS races Nov 1-2, Hagerstown MD, $2,000 or more to w

Mike,

We have been talking it up about the Stock / Super Stock race for weeks over the PA. We look forward to all the class racers and class racing fans coming to Mason Dixon Dragway on Nov 1st and 2nd for this big event. Like Mike said, most of the time the temps are in 50's with great corrected altitudes for many real fast runs. Our track prep is top shelf also. All the staff, owners and myself look forward to this race every year. Let's have a big turnout, see all of you soon!

Mike Bassin,
track announcer, Mason Dixon Dragway
Mike Bassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Send a message via AIM to Mike Carr Send a message via MSN to Mike Carr Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Carr

Thanks Mr Bassin, we always look forward to this event. This will be twenty years in a row for me going.

For those needing hotel information: http://www.masondixondragway.com/Hotels.htm

We always stay at the Super 8 on Dual Highway. 6-7 minutes away (going west) on the same road as the track (US 40 aka Dual Highway). They usually have some of the best rates ($44.95 I think last year, 3 people/2 beds, if you mentioned The Mason-Dixon Race). I know Bobby Fazio is good at finding the best deals on rooms, so hopefully he will chime in.

For racers who need fuel at the track: http://www.masondixondragway.com/Fuel.htm

I believe Bart Kilraine is still a dealer for VP, so he may be able to bring some (I bought some off of him in 2004 here), so you may want to ask him as well.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #5
Bob Bender
VIP Member

Liked 372 Times in 80 Posts

Mike Bassin, we will have coffee ready for you when you stop by.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #6
Lew Silverman
VIP Member

Liked 129 Times in 59 Posts

Yes, the "Wagon Corral" will be open for business at Hagerstown on the 1st of November!

This is one of my favorite races of the year!
Lew Silverman #2070
"The Wagon Master" N/SA
Lew Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Some more information:

Track radio station: 89.9 FM

If any racers want to be there Saturday, but not test or race, it's $10 spectator fee. Parking is 24/7 and will be open throughout the week (we had several racers arrive Thursday last year). Pit parking is open, very few, if any, reserved spots so you may park anywhere, on either side. Tech is done on the right-side/west side of the track, in the second row of pits; you will see the little building with Tech on it. The main staging lanes are also on the right-side of the track.

Bye runs DO NOT have to be made (no taking the Tree, breaking the beam, etc). You may return to the pits and wait for next round; if it's late in the rounds, you may sit in the lanes and wait for the next round. You may bring all needed things to the lanes (water, fuel, generator, battery charger, etc). This rule came about for the TSSSSA about ten years ago, while at H-town. They were down to three cars in Super Pro. The first pair ran, and there was smoke on the top end. They shut the bye-run car off in the water to check out the track. After a few minutes, they gave the all-clear to resume racing. The bye car would not start, so he lost on the bye to the final. I thought it was silly to lose on a bye run, so the rule was changed for the following year for our series that a bye run car did not have to take the tree/break the beam to be a round winner.

Saturday night Racer Dinner: The name of the place is Hard Times Café. It's right across from the Crazy Horse that we have gone to many times in the past (it closed last year around Christmas). I can give more specific directions at the track on Saturday for those interested. Also, at dinner, we will be doing a Live From for WheelzUp Radio. I believe dinner will be at 7 pm or so, and the radio show will begin around the same time.

Payouts will be at the timeslip booth both days. The timeslip booth at H-town is on the return road, back near the starting line. Mom and/or Dad will be there. The finalists are cordially invited for winners circle pictures (and payouts) both days. The winners circle is behind the water box, where you turn out of the lanes to go to the waterbox.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
Mike Carr
VIP Member

Reservations are all set for Saturday night's dinner. 7:00 pm. Hard Times Café in Hagerstown MD. 1705 Massey Blvd. Hagerstown MD 21740 is the address. Across the street (Massey) from where we went to the Crazy Horse steakhouse in the past. Thank you to Larry Mohar. We cordially invite all the racers, their crewmembers and family.

Also, we will be doing a Live From broadcast of WheelzUp Radio from dinner that night as well.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #9
Mike Carr
VIP Member

From one of our series sponsors, Dennis Roberts:

"Just a Reminder that Roberts' Family Motorsports will be doubling up the 2 Winners Prize Packages filled will precision tools and accessories!!! Good Luck to All That Compete!!!"

Thanks to Dennis, Carol and www.robertsfamilymotorsports.com
Old 10-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Mike Carr
VIP Member

I will post $50 (fifty dollars) for the Long Distance Tow award, for the driver who tows the farthest to make this race. Last year and 2011 we had drivers from eight different states (the Long Tow last year was from Tennessee). I know it's not much, but just a token of appreciation for those who travel a long distance to get here.

If any other racers/companies would like to post money/swards for the event, please let me know. It could be anything: addition to the Long Distance Award, money into the race purses, award for best package, first dead-on-with-a-zero, gift certificates for product/services to the winner, whatever you would like to do. If interested, please let me know.

Last edited by Mike Carr; 10-13-2014 at 11:07 AM.