HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #21
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: Congratulations Phil Combs & Jim Woods!

Thank's Phil
Randall has been great friend for over 25 years,one of the best guys and as good racer as you'll ever meet,and humble.Bubba and me were asking about how many natl's he had won he said he won 8 out 13 natl finals we said thats good record,he down played it and said he had been blessed and felt like he was bragging,Bubba told him It's not bragging if you can back it up Big Boy.
I liked Fletcher's comment in Bristol coverage about how he did'nt know he he raced a 14 sec. truck in stock but,he did real good job with it,he should of had to race him in "Stripe" his Y/SA chevyII wagon,as far as I know he's the only stocker to win world championship in a 6 cyl. stocker.
Mike Taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #22
Myron Piatek
VIP Member

Liked 132 Times in 48 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Congratulations Phil Combs & Jim Woods!

Congratulations Phil, Jim & Connie!

Phil,
It was a pleasure meeting you at the awards banquet. Like I mentioned then, it was actually nice to see a new face in the winner's circle - and it was the biggest one of the year. Class racing needs new people like yourself.

Jim,
You not only picked a good driver, but a true Sportsman. I wasn't there, but heard some stories about him jumping in to help the Boltons who were thrashing to swap out a rear and trans after Lisa broke the first time, and introducing himself while under the car! It made for some good karma and we all know the result. Hope IHRA keeps an eye on him in 2012.

Is he racing out of Div. 3 next year?

Last edited by Myron Piatek; 10-20-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Myron Piatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #23
gcasey

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Jim - Congratulations to you and yours on the Championship! Great job as owner and crew chief.

That little Duece has to be the bargain of a lifetime!

See you in Martin in 2012

The Michigan 6 Cylinder Guys
gcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #24
Emily Stott

Liked 361 Times in 26 Posts

Congrats Phil....we really enjoyed meeting your wife and boys over the weekend. My daughter was so happy to have nice friends to play with. I have heard all yr what an amazing racer you are and I got to see that first hand on Sunday. I have known Jim for yrs, he is a great guy and it seems ya'll make a great team. I'm sure we will see lots more of you next yr, my husband runs Div 3 in SS. Enjoy every moment, wear that #1 proudly!
Emily Stott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #25
philbilly

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you everyone again. Myron thats how I roll. lol I think that is a great gesture coming from you. I was behind Lisa when she broke . i was as heart broke as she was. She has had a season to remember and she deserved to have a chance at the world title in her own car. I just had to get in there because I can turn wrenches. I made me some new friends. The Boltens are some great people..
Mrs.stott the kids did great. My boys have been taught respect and they really do behave. They had a great time together. I am sorry we never formaly met but I am sure we will see each other in 2012. Super Stock will be my next goal.. thank you for the kind words.

It has been a pleasure getting to meet everyone in the IHRA.
philbilly is offline   Reply With Quote