HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Yo Ken
Administrator

Liked 557 Times in 35 Posts
Default Tim Murphy Memorial Auction

I started this thread at the request of Scott Lemem from Dragraceresults.com. Below is a copy of the thread Scott has started to help the family of Tim Murphy. Click the link below to follow the thread. You can reach Scott Lemem at scott@dragraceresults.com.

http://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/t...806#4377059806

Members - You may or may not have known this, but on September 1st of this year Tim Murphy of the Fab Shop passed away suddenly at the age of 45.

Tim has 2 kids, a daughter Jessica and a son Kelley. They will both be heading to college in the next few years.

It has been requested by many members and companies that an auction be conducted on DRR to help his children with their education.

I am working on how this will all play out, with more details to come.

An account has also been established at Fifth Third Bank to make direct donations to. At any Fifth Third Bank you can make a deposit to the "Tim Murphy Memorial Account"

Currently the following companies have committed products for the auction or made a donation.

Mickey Thompson - items to come
JW Transmissions - JW Flex Plate $185 value
Meziere - water pump and fittings of choice up to $450
Jiffy Tite - Trans and Carb quick disconnect line kits - $200 value
Kooks Custom Headers - $250 certificate
Autometer - Sport Comp playback tach $250 value
Star Machine - oil / air seperator $320 value
Flatout Gaskets - Gasket Combo
Shawn Langdon - autographed memorabilia
Todd's Extreme Paint - Helmet Paint Job $400 value
DRE Engine Diapers - Diapers & assorted parts
ThisIsBracketRacing.com - Tuition to TIBR Live Class and 2012 Doorcar Shootout entry
Painless Wiring - wiring harness of choice
1320go.com - 2 Memberships valued $100 each
Par Racing Engines - Vacume Kit and drive $600 value
Racers Mind - $290 package
Lemons Headers - $1700 value custom headers
Comp Cams - Ultra Pro Magnum Rockers
TCI - Outlaw Shifter
FAST - Wide Band Air Fuel Gauge
Bikerhaven.net - $100 certificate
Tuff Paw - 5 pc trailer kit $129 value
PST Inc - Drive Shaft - $300 value
Sullivans Tire Plus - 4 Trailer Tires $400 value
Indy Gear - Rebuilt 3rd member $1000 value
Sunset Racecraft - items to come
World Footbrake Challenge - to be named
Nitroplate - items to come
Motorsports Innovations - EGT Kit and $250 Racepak Certificate
Intensity Racing Products - items to come
JJ Performance - Engine Diapers
Summit Racing Products - Donation, Autographed Greg Anderson Diecast & Leather Jacket $400 value
Abruzzi Racing - Torque Converter $1000 value
JEGS - items to be named
Performance Welding Headers - Merge Collectors of choice - $550 value

And the "Whopper" so far

Mark Horton and Travis Colangelo of American Race Cars have went over the top with help from a few partnering companies (Oakley Motorsports, DragstersForsale.com, and Moser Engineering) and will be donating a 2012 Stage I American Race Cars dragster towards this cause.

I can not thank these companies enough for the generous donations. I'm sure there will be more to come. I just wanted everyone to know what to be expecing in this auction come November 1st right here on DRR.

I'm sorry if I missed anyone and thank you to everyone that is offering help.

Stay Tuned

If you have any suggestions or would like to be involved, please contact me at scott@dragraceresults.com

Thank you,
Scott Lemen
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Tim Murphy Memorial Auction

Wow!!!! That's awesome Ken. I don't know how many of you guys knew Tim but you couldn't have met a nicer guy. I raced with him in the UMTR for a few years and he was a true sportsman and a class act as well as a very skilled fabricator. I hope everyone supports this auction for Tim's family. He will truly be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.

R.I.P. My Friend.
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #3
Kevin Cradduck

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Many of you may not have known Tim because he had not expanded his product offering into the class racer family. Tim was drag racer himself; shoeing a very cool stick shift Mustang. His market was primary pulling trucks and tractors as well as dragsters and custom drag headers. I am proud to say The Fab Shop is great customer of ours and I consider myself fortunate to have become friends with Tim through our business relationship. He had as much integrity as anyone I've ever met.

Please keep up with this thread and follow along on dragraceresults.com. Scott Lemon has very generously donated his time to putting this auction together. Our racing community is comprised of some of the most genuine and compassionate people you'll find anywhere. Through our combined effort and generosity we can put a big dent in Tim's kids' education which will undoubtedly lift a huge burden from his wife, Judy's shoulders.

Thank you to everyone who is able to help.

Kevin
Kevin Cradduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Scotty D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is the most wonderful thing i have witnessed in my lifetime so far.i got to know tim through the stick shift org. that we race with and his family didn't deserve to have this happen to them but they will persevere and make us all proud of them,they are really great kids that are an absolute joy to be around and very respectful and will make a positive impact on our society.we need to support this for them.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
k.pascoe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had no idea until I read this post. At first it couldn't be "my" Tim Murphy. I feel awful for his wife and kids. Tim was as smart as smart comes, and the kindness he shown was always real. I thought about Tim when I was at Indy this year, man this hurts. My donation to the 5th 3rd bank will be made today.

RIP Tim I promise to get that Hemi running
k.pascoe is offline   Reply With Quote