HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #11
Charlie Ford

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Reminder for those heading to Houston

I went through that last year (when I wasn't there). I got a charge on my Harris Co. Toll Road account. I thnk it was $15. I called Seth and he sent me a letter from TxDot. I called the toll road people in charge of the hwy 99 thing. They told me that they never heard of the agreement. I took the letter to my toll road office, and they informed me that they had never heard of it either. They pointed out that the letter was for 2012. I got stuck for the bill. The problem is that, if you leave the pit gat at the track on Fri. Sat. or Sun., they have cones up and force you take the toll road. I'm going to try and reach Seth tomorrow. I may be running over cones!
Charlie Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #12
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts

They wont send you a bill. Most people know if they have a EZ Tag or not. So they know if they owe or not. If you goto the Harris county Toll Road Authority website. You can put your tag info in and it will tell you if you owe or not. Or you can use the number in the info I posted below. They have the same thing up by Chicago. But up there they will not even bother you about it if you only do it once a year. But twice your tag goes on a list and they hunt you down for thier $1.25.. So for some of you scofflaws (LOL) that have only done it once down there in TX. You may not be on thier list yet if they do it the same way (most ez pass type tolls do). Therefore you have not been billed yet. In any case here is some more info on it if you want to call and check your tags to see if you owe (check trailer tag and pulling unit as sometimes they will ticket BOTH). I can tell you this if you owe its simple to pay it. If you are not from TX I would not want to get pulled over and have past due fines. TRUST ME. The toll violation fee is much cheaper.

Toll Violation Events

When you access a toll road, payment is expected at the time of the transaction.

To make payment for a toll violation event which has not yet been invoiced to you, please call 281-875-3279 to pay by credit card. Payment may also be made by US check or money order at one of our EZ TAG Store locations, or by mail to:

HCTRA - Payment Processing
7701 Wilshire Place Drive
Houston, TX 77040-5326

Payment cannot be processed without your license plate number, state and contact information. Include the date, time and location of the event, if possible. Please do not send cash!
More Information
HEARING PROCESS

The Harris County Toll Road Authority has a hearing process in which assumed violators have the opportunity to present their argument to an Administrative Hearing Officer (judge).

Hearing Process What are the hearing process steps?

Contact Us Contact Us
Customer Service: 281-875-EASY (3279)
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:50 PM   #13
Greg Turk

Liked 19 Times in 4 Posts

RJ...I am well, I have seen the light, its Easter and the whole rebirth thing...Actually Emmitt has influenced me, I'm now saved....you elder statesmen are a trip, Especially mayoral candidates like you in Boerne, and Emmitt in SA....put you both on the same ballot...running mates!!
take care bring your change for tolls, and tow straps for towing!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #14
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

Liked 326 Times in 50 Posts

Exit @ Mile Marker 800, go south to the first intersection, turn right and go to the track. Not far. That stupid system is the same Louisiana used over a multi million bridge to the Grand Isle area. Worst thing I have ever seen. After loosing about 1/2 mil a year, they put up a toll booth. Who ever heard of taking a picture of the license on a Cajun rig and expect to get paid. I though Texas people were smarter than that. Maybe not? RJ, you Texas people got to pay. Cajuns are exempt. Louisiana Revised Statue 12:547. Cajuns ain't gotta pay any Texas tolls. Now you know.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #15
RJ Sledge

Liked 247 Times in 78 Posts

Charlie I'd love to see that!!

Jeff your right about taking the exit 800 turnoff and turing right on FM565 and its goes right to the pit gate. Of course they will probably have it blocked also.

Man, its getting tougher and tougher to get to a race.

RJ
RJ Sledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #16
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

It would be handy if they could just charge it to my Oklahoma Pike Pass, stuck to the windshield of my motor home. Works on all toll toads in Oklahoma.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #17
Charlie Ford

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Ed, you gonna' tell me that you have no problem paying $5 to a go 1/2 a mile?? The other problem I have is that they FORCE you take that toll road to leave on Fri. Sat., & Sun. if you leave out of the pit gate. RJ is right. They block 565 going west at some point.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #18
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

What is the address of the people in charge. I'm in a letter writing mode this morning, and I just as soon take on them Texans.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #19
Jeff Teuton
VIP Member

email sent. Tried phone, but yall know how that goes. Also gonna try the track.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #20
kdanner

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Ford View Post
Hey Ed, you gonna' tell me that you have no problem paying $5 to a go 1/2 a mile?? The other problem I have is that they FORCE you take that toll road to leave on Fri. Sat., & Sun. if you leave out of the pit gate. RJ is right. They block 565 going west at some point.

When they make you go E on 565 can you not keep going past the toll road to 3180 which then goes N to I-10? That was the way into the track from the East before the toll road existed anyway.