Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #11
Bobby DiDomenico

Liked 88 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: What's your best guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Having been in event promotion for several years now (let alone a participant for decades), I can say with some certainty that long-range forecasts are completely worthless, even as a form of entertainment. Multiple services don't agree with each other, and over the long-range timespan, a given service ends up not agreeing with its own predictions. Even 5-day forecasts are so-so at best. We've seen 20+ degree swings in a day around here. As the saying goes, "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes, it'll change."
A while back we had to attend a Sunday function. The weather persons were predicting storms, strong winds and torrential rains over and over on the local stations. We decided to wait before leaving, after hearing them repeatedly predict the grim forcast we cancelled. 15 minutes later the sun was out and no more rain.
Weather forcasters must be heavily involved in the search for the missing jet liner...
Bobby DiDomenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #12
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Talking Re: What's your best guess?

It kind of goes back to the old theory,, "You don't get rained out at home,,you get rained out at the track." Thats why we're flying out anyway.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #13
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: What's your best guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby DiDomenico View Post
A while back we had to attend a Sunday function. The weather persons were predicting storms, strong winds and torrential rains over and over on the local stations. We decided to wait before leaving, after hearing them repeatedly predict the grim forcast we cancelled. 15 minutes later the sun was out and no more rain.
Weather forcasters must be heavily involved in the search for the missing jet liner...
Just think back to last October; a week before the Dutch Classic the weather forecast was for 4 days of perfect weather. We all know how that turned out, with the event cancelled without a single car making a run. So much for long range forecasts.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:20 PM   #14
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Long-range forecasts are worse than wrong and useless: they're destructive. We're a lot better at RACING than weather forecasters are at Weather Entertainment. We went over all this weather stuff over a year ago. The first weekend in May is historically a generally dry weekend. We have three days to contest two classes. We're proactive, we plan, and we work hard. Anything else is counterproductive.

Back on topic, The New Dragway 42 has just posted $250 to the #1 Qualifier in Super Stock. Deano's Carburetors has $200 contingency waiting for a Deano's customer to capture the top seed in both Stock and Super Stock. Supercar Restorations has $100 for the highest qualified carbureted Mopar. RCE Machine Works has posted $100 to the highest qualified Pure Stocker, and Trumble Racing Engines has put up $300 to the highest qualified SS/K entry. Just in case you thought it was cool to be the #1 Qualifier, Boucher's Racing Engines has a $100 Bounty on the heads of both #1 Qualifiers for whoever can beat them in Sunday's $5K Main Event!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #15
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 View Post
I'm not really a betting man,but I think it would be pretty safe bet to say you'll see a 2.00 under run.

Maybe I'm optimistic but I was thinking it would take-1.700 under or so to make the quick 32.
Mike Taylor 3601
Just was looking at my flyer,noticed Q32 was stock and super stock thought it was a combined Q32 still think you will see -2.00 runs bump probaly won't be 1.700 I 'm thinking around 1.500 under ish
Mike taylor 3601
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #16
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Taylor 3601 View Post
Just was looking at my flyer,noticed Q32 was stock and super stock thought it was a combined Q32 still think you will see -2.00 runs bump probaly won't be 1.700 I 'm thinking around 1.500 under ish
Mike taylor 3601
It's been advertised for over a year, with the contingency postings and awards noting Q32 Stock, Q32 Super Stock. I know there's a LOT of info on the flyer, but that's a good thing! Give it a good read, folks, because it's all good stuff, and it's all for you! www.looserocker.com
Old 04-24-2014, 10:18 PM   #17
Kenny Wigington

Liked 60 Times in 12 Posts

Weather people, they are wrong 1/2 the time, and still keep their jobs !?!? I think they look out the window right before they go on tv, comb their hair, turn and smile for the camera. He didnt see the dog anymore, so it's windy that day.