Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 11:53 AM   #51
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,708 Times in 853 Posts
Default Re: Pray for ALL racers and families

Thanks again Ron for starting the thread. Certainly no coercion intended on my or anyone else’s part. If anyone has time to read (or re-read) one of the great literary masterpieces by John Steinbeck “East of Eden” then you’ll enjoy Steinbeck exploring many profound human experiences including the concept of free will.

“Lighter” reading but just as profound is “Long-Story-Short-The Bible in Six Simple Movements”by Joshua McNall.

Over and out, stay safe and prosper.
Old 05-19-2020, 01:42 PM   #52
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,627 Times in 1,292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
I'm glad you enjoy your religion. And I'm sure there are folks who benefit from it now and then, as a crutch to get themselves through difficult times.

But, in reality religion is nothing more than fantasy theater. All the players get bit parts and play it out as they see fit. But there is absolutely no proof that any god exists, or has ever existed. God is simply a man made fiction that can be used to control large groups of people as Constatine discovered in 330AD.
Bruce, let me say this. I respect your PASSION regarding politics and NHRA drag racing....Furthermore, I thank GOD that he was riding with you when you had your accident with the corvette...I wish you the absolute BEST with the new car...I can’t wait to see it and I know it will take its place at the top of the sheet...
Old 05-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #53
ghost

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
I'm glad you enjoy your religion. And I'm sure there are folks who benefit from it now and then, as a crutch to get themselves through difficult times.

But, in reality religion is nothing more than fantasy theater. All the players get bit parts and play it out as they see fit. But there is absolutely no proof that any god exists, or has ever existed. God is simply a man made fiction that can be used to control large groups of people as Constatine discovered in 330AD.
Bruce, you think exactly like me. I respect those who believe in God. For me, religions is a beautiful scenario. Never forget ... Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism and others, cause a lot of war.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:08 PM   #54
Chevy55

Liked 168 Times in 83 Posts

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg
Old 05-20-2020, 09:06 AM   #55
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETV View Post
Running? Who's running? Sorry for me? You came on here disagreeing with me, saying that there is no God.The proof is, look in the mirror at yourself, if He didn't create you, who or what did?

By the way, by no means I'm trying to judge or condemn you and your belief, I'm just asking your opinion on who you think created you, if God didn't?

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
In hind sight, I guess it was a bit of a loaded question to ask you to prove there is a god of any type. After all men have been trying to do it ever since they created him. Even the theologians at prestigious divinity schools have accepted the fact that they cannot prove there is or ever was a god. So for me to ask you to do it was unfair. In fact, man created the gods and not the other way around. We are on this earth for the very same reasons that every other organism that has ever lived or crawled, flown, swam, or walked: Chemistry and Biology!

Last edited by Bruce Noland; 05-20-2020 at 09:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:25 AM   #56
BRETV

Liked 598 Times in 148 Posts

Quote:
In hind sight, I guess it was a bit of a loaded question to ask you to prove there is a god of any type. After all men have been trying to do it ever since they created him. Even the theologians at prestigious divinity schools have accepted the fact that they cannot prove there is or ever was a god. So for me to ask you to do it was unfair. In fact, man created the gods and not the other way around. We are on this earth for the very same reasons that every other organism that has ever lived or crawled, flown, swam, or walked: Chemistry and Biology!
Bruce,

Let's talk about something we both agree on. If I read or heard this correctly, you are building a 69 Trans Am stocker. Our good friend had 2 for many years, 1 he bought from the original owners in the late 2000's. I have always loved those cars. Can't wait to see it. Good luck with it and much success.

Bret Velde
2003 FS/??
Old 05-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #57
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts

Not exactly. For good people to do evil things, that would involve government.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:41 PM   #58
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,792 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy55 View Post
But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Evil people will do evil things IN THE NAME OF Religion. Good people will do evil things IN THE NAME OF Religion in ignorance. NEVER underestimate the power of ignorant people in large numbers!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Liked
Old 05-20-2020, 06:29 PM   #59
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

Quote:
We are on this earth for the very same reasons that every other organism that has ever lived or crawled, flown, swam, or walked: Chemistry and Biology!
Bruce,
We are the only group who race Stockers....Good luck with yours
Check out Dr Michael Behe, Biochemist.

Mike A114

Last edited by Mike Jones; 05-20-2020 at 07:46 PM.
Liked
Old 05-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #60
Rusty Davenport

Liked 100 Times in 26 Posts

Some of you may want to check the Nomex and SFI rating on your fire suits, I don't think its going to cover what you are saying or trying to say, you will get your turn at a later date.