HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #11
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,212 Times in 1,237 Posts
Default Re: Ford Racing Announces NHRA Contingency Program

Jim, Brian, I have never had issues with getting paid by Ford Racing. I'm sure you are aware that you need to be registered with Ford Racing to get paid. Its very simple to register on the Ford Racing site.

Jesse Kershaw from Ford Racing is on this site quite often. Feel free to contact him about any issues you have.

Last edited by Ken Miele; 09-10-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts

In the 5 years I have raced a ford, I have never had a issue with ford not paying. They are right behind Comp Cams which is the BEST at paying out.
In my book they are doing way more for us sportsman racers with new and old cars then GM or Mopar is doing for us as a group. I think they are the only one's that even pay contingency on cars over 40 years old(I may be wrong).

Brian did you ever contact anyone at ford racing about your issue? or did you just bit(h about it on this forum. Looks to me like the second Jesse found out about the issue you had he trying to make it right. What more can you ask for?

I just want to thank Jesse and all the staff at Ford Racing for all the hard work they put into class racing.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #13
Ken Miele
Live Reporter

Liked 13,212 Times in 1,237 Posts

Charley, you are not wrong, Ford has paid me many times with my Shelby.
Ken Miele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:04 PM   #14
B/S 428

Liked 132 Times in 26 Posts

yes I am registered with ford and yes I have been talking with jesse for several months and yes I called and talked to ford about the check-it just didn't arrive-fyi-I am always the last one to b**** about anything-I've been drag racing for over 30 years and a diehard ford guy (7) fords and a 2013 f-350-i talked with jesse again and he is going to make this right-I want say thanks! Brian

Last edited by B/S 428; 09-10-2014 at 04:07 PM.
B/S 428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #15
Jim Caughlin

Liked 693 Times in 208 Posts

Actually Charley, I'm not complaining just stating a fact. I'm too busy racing to have much time to complain, I'm just back from my 7th divisional for the season, I was #1 qualifier and am currently 5th in divisional points. I also hold 4 national records and have been class racing Fords for over 25 years. Based on that, I'll complain if I want whether it bothers you or not. In reality, I could really care less whether Ford supports racing or not, I didn't get into racing nursing any illusion that it was a money making proposition. In fairness, I did get a message from Jess Kershaw so I'll reserve any further comments for an offline conversation.

Jim Caughlin
SS 6019
Jim Caughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #16
Ven302

Liked 28 Times in 6 Posts

If it was not for Jesse and all the team at Ford Racing I would not have my Mustang to race, nor would I have a check stub from a cashed contingency check. Ford has raised the bar for support allowing a broad cross section of racers to take advantage of their programs.
Whether you are buying a brand new Cobra Jet, building a body in white, or just plain beating up on your old mule they have something to positively reinforce your involvement. The open mindedness and boosting for my whole project was phenomenal and it would not have ever happened without the vision of some very "sportsman supportive" people, for that they deserve thanks.
These people deserve a pat on the back, they visit with sportsmen in the pits, the checks do get sent out (even to Canada) , they in my opinion "GET IT" and have taken racing a Ford from an afterthought to a front of the line proposition.

Thanks and keep up the invovlement!
Ven302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #17
John Duzac

Liked 85 Times in 20 Posts
Angry Re: Ford Racing Announces NHRA Contingency Program

Jesse Kershaw, I would have already ordered a 2014 Mustang, but my sponsor pulled out because of the Tony Stewart incident. The insurance company strongly suggested Ruelco to pull the funding and not have any part. Ruelco was in the final stages of providing funding to get a new 2014 Mustang for stock. I do not think the insurance company realized the stock Mustang is not the type of car that John Force races.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:08 AM   #18
Dennis Forbes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ven302 View Post
If it was not for Jesse and all the team at Ford Racing I would not have my Mustang to race, nor would I have a check stub from a cashed contingency check. Ford has raised the bar for support allowing a broad cross section of racers to take advantage of their programs.
Whether you are buying a brand new Cobra Jet, building a body in white, or just plain beating up on your old mule they have something to positively reinforce your involvement. The open mindedness and boosting for my whole project was phenomenal and it would not have ever happened without the vision of some very "sportsman supportive" people, for that they deserve thanks.
These people deserve a pat on the back, they visit with sportsmen in the pits, the checks do get sent out (even to Canada) , they in my opinion "GET IT" and have taken racing a Ford from an afterthought to a front of the line proposition.

Thanks and keep up the invovlement!
Amen...!
Dennis Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #19
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts

I agree with Charley and Ken, Ford and Comp Cams always paid me real quick for winning class back in 2009 and 2010. Just make sure you are registered on the Ford contingency website and you will receive the decals in the mail. I think you have to register every season with your class and car number.

Dumb question.. for NHRA Mello Yello where it says $5,000 for "class champion," is that for any non-CJ Ford that wins a national championship or is that the cumulative points earned during class eliminations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kershaw View Post
I apologize to any racer that has not been paid for money due. We pay out over $100k annually to NHRA racers and it is disappointing to hear we missed anyone. I can assure you no one is being intentionally left out.

Brian's payment is being processed right now and he will hopefully update once he receives it next week.

Jim - you have a PM.

If you have not received contingency payment please make sure you are registered. This is to ensure we have the right to contact you. It also provides you the latest contingency decals that we send out annually with your registration.

If you won a race and have not received a check wtihin 45 days of the race conclusion, email us at fcntgcy@ford.com . This is the contingency email address that goes to the current program administrator. Or you can call our hotline at 800-367-3788 and ask to speak to the contingency administrator.

We are unique in that we pay for all model year Ford vehicles. Class, Eliminator, and Divisional winner for any year.

If you do not receive a response, email me directly at jkershaw@ford.com

Thanks for your continuing support!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #20
Jesse Kershaw

Liked 120 Times in 11 Posts

Bobby,

Unfortunately Charlie Nielson and I did not get that off the ground, so it's nothing. Wanted to get all three manufacturers to put something together but couldn't get it done.

Jesse