Old 09-04-2015, 09:01 AM   #31
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts
Default Re: Protest at Indy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredjohnston View Post
Rod,

Since you apparently know Jim pretty well, can you ask him why he wants to get HP added to the 396? Seems like Jim runs over 1 second under at every race for some reason. Does he want to be the only person running this combination? You seem to have the knowledge to slow you car down and speed it up when needed (based on your record run and runs at Indy) so maybe you could teach him how to do this.

I don't run Stock and am just curious as to why someone continually wants to beat up a combination. Jim didn't win class at Indy and does he think if the 396 gets HP added over the winter he will have a better chance of outrunning the Corvettes and Dodges?
Because racing his car is his passion. He can damn well do what he pleases with it.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:23 AM   #32
K Stubbs

Liked 20 Times in 3 Posts

Jim has the most impressive stocker I have seen in a very long time. Very good job to his engine builder, who is also a really good guy.
K Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:05 AM   #33
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
Because racing his car is his passion. He can damn well do what he pleases with it.
Bruce thanks for the smart *** comment. I just looked through the stock qualifying sheets for the last few years and see you like to play the class HP game by changing classes and slowing your car down intentionally. Maybe you could speak to Jim on how you do this. As an fan of stock eliminator older model year cars, I think it's sad when someone continually and intentionally beats up on a combination and eventually makes the combination uncompetitive and of no interest for a new comer to the stocker eliminator class to build. Everyone knows Jim has a fast car and has always had fast cars but wouldn't a competitor like to keep a little something in his "pocket" when needed?
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:19 AM   #34
Jason Shepard

Liked 98 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Bruce thanks for the smart *** comment. I just looked through the stock qualifying sheets for the last few years and see you like to play the class HP game by changing classes and slowing your car down intentionally. Maybe you could speak to Jim on how you do this. As an fan of stock eliminator older model year cars, I think it's sad when someone continually and intentionally beats up on a combination and eventually makes the combination uncompetitive and of no interest for a new comer to the stocker eliminator class to build. Everyone knows Jim has a fast car and has always had fast cars but wouldn't a competitor like to keep a little something in his "pocket" when needed?
There isnt any reason I can think of that he cant race his car however he wants to within the rules. He obviously just proved he is within the rules. He has an extremely fast car, and he should be able to show it whenever he wants without someone telling him otherwise.
Jason Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #35
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,792 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Are you on crack? Jim is racing the way that it should be!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #36
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts

Did Line Performance build his engine? He is bad fast, I don't know if enough for the vette but bad fast.
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #37
A/SA Fairlane

Liked 54 Times in 18 Posts

Too bad EVERYONE isn't racing that way
A/SA Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:40 AM   #38
tony wood

Liked 32 Times in 12 Posts

way to go JIM. I love to see that car brings back a lot of good memories of dad.
tony wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #39
moparpilot

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Are you on crack? Jim is racing the way that it should be!
amen to that
moparpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #40
Sam Murray

Liked 57 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nees View Post
are you on crack? Jim is racing the way that it should be!
x2