HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 11-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
Ron Brindisi Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sportsman Participation

NHRA has issued a press to release to encourage sportsman participation announcing, "a streamlining of its competition license program effective Jan. 1, 2016."

If I am reading the chart correctly, it looks like you won't need a medical exam for Stock, Super Stock, Super Street, Super Gas, Super Comp or as fast as 7.50 in Sportsman bracket racing.
Ron Brindisi Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #2
Robbie Welch
Live Reporter

Liked 262 Times in 124 Posts
Default Re: Sportsman Participation

That's great news, I've been considering getting a S/G license the Medical form looked like a PIA. I wonder if over 55 years old you still have to get a EKG. Also the S/G lic form said you made 6 different types (half to full) pass's is that true.
Robbie Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,664 Times in 851 Posts

Robbie, see the other thread, it's likely to get more attention/replies. Know you're use to running fast but relative to getting the required number of runs I encourage anyone getting a license to attend Frank Hawley's school, it's not just the runs, Frank covers a great deal in his classroom instruction and is a great teacher/speaker. Hope the new rule doesn't encourage those not accustomed to quick rides from trying to get in a 8 second car and attempting it on their own.

BTW any MD can complete the form in just a few minutes if you've had a clean physical recently, would be even easier if the doctor has done others previously since it likely differs from those required for pilots, SCCA, etc.

Last edited by jmcarter; 11-16-2015 at 10:18 AM.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
flash

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

makes you wonder if racers that are taking blood thinners that have not been able to compete will be able too since a physical is not required now
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

I would say all of the ones that did not sell their cars......
Dan
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:47 PM   #6
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts

Having been licensed in Comp Elim/SS/Stock for many years I would think that the 55 and up group is still going to be required to have an EKG--for those that have insurance or are on Medicare if your Doc will say you had "some chest bother(pains)" and he was concerned a little & he thought it might be a good idea to do the EKG just to be on the safe side they will pay for it ( Medicare definitely does)---Otherwise an EKG can be about $150-300 depending on where you get it done--Also Medicare will pay for ONE physical every 12 months so you can save there just print out the NHRA forms and take them to your Dr.--FED 387
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #7
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts
Exclamation Re: Sportsman Participation

if you do decide to use the NHRA form ---DO NOT LIE ABOUT ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS ---they check with the Drs. and medically qualified people do look at your forms --so be forewarned
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote