HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-14-2021, 01:50 PM   #11
Hacksaw

Liked 272 Times in 149 Posts
Default Re: Provisional Entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS340 View Post
Learn something new every day. Now I understand what a provisional means. Last year was the first in about 20 yrs I had enough grade points to enter a race out west after quotas came into play. I don't have a clue how to back out of Pomona now. Computer illiterate...
Begin the same process as if you wanted to enter the race, then near the bottom hit withdraw. You will have up to one year to transfer to another race of choice.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:06 PM   #12
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
I'm sitting on 3 credits from cancelled races last year and only 5 grade points. Not a good position to be in on the East Coast where everything fills up at a grade 7 lol
Nhra needs to get off their *** and raise quotas at events were they know 80-90 will show up. How difficult would it be to run 10 more pair in S and SS?
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:08 PM   #13
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 502 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
What NHRA needs to do is anyone that has a provisional entry should be able to enter when ever they want. Just have it so those entries don’t count towards the quota. That would be a simple resolution.
Mike we both know that makes sense so it will never happen.
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-15-2021, 10:41 AM   #14
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts
Question Re: Provisional Entries

I agree Ed but right now I think it benefits them more. It's really a win for them, makes it easier to sell the divisional races to the tracks if they know it will take 6 to 8 grade points to enter their Nationals. I would be willing to bet they use that as a selling point. They can almost guarantee X number of cars to the divisional races based on how many grade points it takes to enter a National. Pretty genius really I almost admired the business model.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:39 PM   #15
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
I agree Ed but right now I think it benefits them more. It's really a win for them, makes it easier to sell the divisional races to the tracks if they know it will take 6 to 8 grade points to enter their Nationals. I would be willing to bet they use that as a selling point. They can almost guarantee X number of cars to the divisional races based on how many grade points it takes to enter a National. Pretty genius really I almost admired the business model.
you just realized this. it has been nhra model for as long as i can remember...when did national event grade points start? anyone
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:18 PM   #16
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
you just realized this. it has been nhra model for as long as i can remember...when did national event grade points start? anyone
Not really just noticed but it recent years they just started putting a pinch on the quotas. Cutting to 60 really put an emphasis on divisionals, I remember just a few years ago if you had 4 grade points you could go just about anywhere you wanted.
Liked
Old 04-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #17
Matt Welker

Liked 67 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
I think just the opposite. Most guys can't make 6+ Divisional events, so then why go to any? It's like the different between .2-.8 under vs a 1 under car in a heads up, you have very little chance.

I think double event weekends and association races with heads up will be come more popular. We don't see any ROI on Nat/Div or any reason other than ego and a Wally for NHRA races.

Playing the middle game on grade points and continually being locked out and frustrated doesn't seem attractive compared to the same time, travel, and expenses to attend one of these big money racers or a multi-race weekend association race. You may see us at a CCRA double race this year!
Matt Welker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:04 PM   #18
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 158 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Carpenter View Post
Nhra needs to get off their *** and raise quotas at events were they know 80-90 will show up. How difficult would it be to run 10 more pair in S and SS?
That is exactly what I said in the other thread.
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote