HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-14-2020, 01:59 PM   #11
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,664 Times in 851 Posts
Default Re: Atlanta dragway

I kind of thought Gainesville’s bleachers were the newest part of their whole facility so not sure why they would need updating, but I don’t get out much, especially not this year. And it would take more than new bleachers to lure me to Columbus but in fairness it’s been 15 years since I’ve raced there. Maybe Jegs could donate all the contingency money they’ve withheld to help Columbus out. Watching the cruising on Brice Road during the Mopar Nationals was the most fun I’ve ever had as a spectator. If NHRA could arrange that kind of thing in conjunction with their National Events they would double their spectators from out of town. But I ramble..carry on.

Last edited by jmcarter; 12-14-2020 at 02:03 PM.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #12
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,636 Times in 506 Posts

Probably either replacing the spectators side bleachers or just removing them all together because they have not been used due to low spectator numbers. Also some are
Past the 1000 ft mark. I was at Gainesville just a few months ago. The place looked pretty much the same as it always does. I don’t park on the pavement anyway.
Old 12-14-2020, 02:57 PM   #13
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,543 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Ya know M.J., I'm building vacation condos on Mars. They're almost all spoken for but if you get me a big enough check right away I might be able to put one aside for you!
Ya know Billy, you are probably correct ....The $3,590,000 that they are asking for the over 119 acres will fit nicely into their pockets...LOL.....Have a great HOLIDAY Billy !!!!!......
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #14
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 665 Times in 258 Posts

Hummm,
If you consider:
Construct a new 6-lane Interstate highway – about $7 million per mile in rural areas, $11 million or more per mile in urban areas. Mill and resurface a 4-lane road – about $1.25 million per mile. Expand an Interstate Highway from four lanes to six lanes – about $4 million per mile. Apr 26, 2019
And each mile of Interstate Hwy is approx. 468 Acres..
How does the $30,168 Per Ac. sound?
Old 12-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #15
Chevy55

Liked 166 Times in 82 Posts

Oh boy!
Atlanta Dragway Goes Up On the Auction Block
December 16, 2020

https://www.racingjunk.com/news/atla...etter_12_17_20
Chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:09 PM   #16
Randall Klein

Liked 317 Times in 66 Posts

"we will invest SOME of the proceeds into our other tracks"
Randall Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:45 PM   #17
NSSGTO

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts

I am not sure why they don't invest some money into Atlanta. This could have been a great facility but people quit going because they would update the bathrooms, pits or concession stand.
This is my home track. When its gone I will have to drive 3hrs to Reynolds to test. Seems like its getting easier everyday to turn my racecar back into a street car.
NSSGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #18
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

unfortunately NHRA is in a bad way. Trying to keep existing racers happy but bring in new Blood and new spectators in a new world. Online gaming is crazy popular, People robbing delivery trucks of new PS5? gaming consoles,easier to pawn than a car.

Tracks are doing well with crazy races. A no prep race, I think Rockingham, run from the shutdown area toward the starting line had 100 cars paying $275 to win $30,000. Was it safe, hell no but tracks are seeing how it sells tickets.

Orlando speed world just started doing the same thing, and no track prep money
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #19
Cbrinson47

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Talking Re: Atlanta dragway

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
unfortunately NHRA is in a bad way. Trying to keep existing racers happy but bring in new Blood and new spectators in a new world. Online gaming is crazy popular, People robbing delivery trucks of new PS5? gaming consoles,easier to pawn than a car.

Tracks are doing well with crazy races. A no prep race, I think Rockingham, run from the shutdown area toward the starting line had 100 cars paying $275 to win $30,000. Was it safe, hell no but tracks are seeing how it sells tickets.

Orlando speed world just started doing the same thing, and no track prep money
Great way for racing Top Fuel and Fuel Funny cars !
Cbrinson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-20-2020, 09:18 PM   #20
Rose Racing

Liked 127 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarter View Post
Seeing the tremendous sprawl in the area I wouldn’t be surprised. If Bruton would only run Bristol and Charlotte Division races it would help fill the void I suppose. They could also resume using Reynolds for Division races. D2 has a strong National Open program so plenty of opportunities to race, especially if you’re not adverse to 1/8 mile. Just another sign of NHRA raising $$ for things that will do nothing for the racers.
I am surprised D2 racers dont make up a petition to get Smith to have Divisional races at Bristol and Charlotte? If Bristol had one I would support it when my stuff gets done
Rose Racing is offline   Reply With Quote