Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #141
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts
Wink Re: 2015 Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post
Yep, it is a great move for making the GM products go faster since it will make legal the use of the Chevy LS cast iron and aftermarket 11, 15 and 18 degree cylinder heads!

The Ford N351 cylinder head cannot compete against the GM offerings.
You mean your 10 degree N351 heads cant keep up? Who makes these 11,15 and 18 degree heads that are approved? I think Venice has proven that the Ford can go fast and he hasn't had enough time to fully wring out his combo.When you have some blood and sweat in this class than you can understand what it's about.GM castings are weak. We have done 5 sets to try and keep up with the cracking problem. If we back off the work the heads will last but we ain't going to be able to keep up with the Ford and Mopar combos.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #142
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts
Default Re: 2015 Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
You mean your 10 degree N351 heads cant keep up? Who makes these 11,15 and 18 degree heads that are approved? I think Venice has proven that the Ford can go fast and he hasn't had enough time to fully wring out his combo.When you have some blood and sweat in this class than you can understand what it's about.GM castings are weak. We have done 5 sets to try and keep up with the cracking problem. If we back off the work the heads will last but we ain't going to be able to keep up with the Ford and Mopar combos.
Let me rephrase; I never said the 11, 15 and 18 degree heads are approved.

As I said in an earlier post, the proposed rule reads, "Aftermarket iron heads permitted in CS."

Not having language that says they must be NHRA Accepted cylinder heads opens the rule for interpretation.

Not having such language, is an open invitation for someone to show up with Pro Topline 11, 14 or 18 degree castings or the RHS 14 degree castings. Then the Ford and Mopars will never have a chance.

What will happen if a racer shows up with any cast iron aftermarket head if the rule remains as written?

Will NHRA toss the racer and tell them their heads are illegal because they are not accepted? How would the engine builder or racer know when there is not a published list? Many racers and engine builders have been burned by accepting a phone call statement and were told to go ahead and do it and later get tossed by tech.

In my line of business, having such clarification in writing, is called Objective Evidence; a document that states facts, other information or a record that can be used as evidence for compliance.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #143
Jason

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiv6 View Post

What will happen if a racer shows up with any cast iron aftermarket head if the rule remains as written?
A better question would be what will happen if a racer shows up at a points meet with "any" cast iron aftermarket head and goes rounds? A worse scenario would be that same racer either setting the record or winning the event. Then what happens?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:33 PM   #144
Bob Lasko

Liked 168 Times in 49 Posts

Well now we have the proper replacement NHRA approved SS/CS heads

DART 10710040PF
DART 10220010

NHRA link http://www.nhra.com/userfiles/file/N...edProducts.pdf
Bob Lasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:01 PM   #145
LDFJR

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Larry, we can just bag it for a while like someone I know and we will be right back where we started, you understand that I know.
LDFJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #146
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,453 Times in 541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lasko View Post
Well now we have the proper replacement NHRA approved SS/CS heads

DART 10710040PF
DART 10220010

NHRA link http://www.nhra.com/userfiles/file/N...edProducts.pdf
With 230cc as cast intake ports and 49cc chamber, the Dart 10710040PF cylinder head should be a good head. With its CSA, the right head porter should be able to get 340+ CFM's.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote