HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #201
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Drag Pak/Cobra Jet FX classes

If I had your money it wouldn't be an issue.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #202
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

If I had your money it wouldn't be an issue. And I can read just fine. My point, which you missed is that these cars make all the power and then some when they come from ford. Excuse me for actually racing a car that has been in the family since new, as a big block car, since new. Yea, it's its not the fastest AA car out there by a mile, but it gets faster every change we make, and I can say we did it ourselves. I'm sure if I could just write a check and "buy it done" then it would be alot faster, but to me there is a ton more pride in doing it ourselves within our own budget. I've never claimed to have all the answers but I know where another couple of tenths are, but its not in the budget right now. I certainly wish it was, but after Indy, what's the point in a few tenths.

I gues we don't see things the same but that's not a shock. Hopefully once the economy comes back (being a home builder isn't very profitable right now) we can spend a little more and get the car where it needs to be. Until then I'm done arguing with you, its pointless
Old 09-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #203
Sean Cour

Liked 79 Times in 30 Posts

Chad, if this car was the only car that we had raced, then you and a lot of other racers would have a bitch. My family and I have built three quarters of the cars that we have campaigned, and everyone of them have been fast. Fast enough to hold records in every class they have competed in. It's not an accident or a fluke.
So it's somewhat irritating to me that you make it personal, when this whole h.p./factor problem is between NHRA and the manufacturer. Yes these cars are fast from the factory. But not as fast as the one in our shop....once again, no accident. I am not going to publicly go over how to make one of these cars better than how they come from the factory, and a guy like you should understand that.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....not the first time or the last.

Last edited by Sean Cour; 09-15-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Sean Cour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #204
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cour View Post
Chad, if this car was the only car that we had raced, then you and a lot of other racers would have a bitch. My family and I have built three quarters of the cars that we have campaigned, and everyone of them have been fast. Fast enough to hold records in every class they have competed in. It's not an accident or a fluke.
So it's somewhat irritating to me that you make it personal, when this whole h.p./factor problem is between NHRA and the manufacturer. Yes these cars are fast from the factory. But not as fast as the one in our shop....once again, no accident. I am not going to publicly go over how to make one of these cars better than how they come from the factory, and a guy like you should understand that.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....not the first time or the last.
Sean. I never intended to anything to be personal. I asked the question about what isn't race ready on those cars out of curiosity. You even agree that the cars are way under factored, a correct factor would move a lot of these cars out of stock. Would you prefer that or or them be in an fx class. I never meant any disrespect as I know y'all have always had fast stuff. But you have to admit, thes cars are stupid fast as they come and have an insurmountable advantage. I have no ill will toward anyone racing one of these cars, but I don't think they have alot to be proud of either. The onus for this disaster belongs on NHRA's doorstep and it is up to them to make it right. Hopefully there is a resolution that will make the traditional stock racers happy and not offend the racers of the new cars or the factories. Unfortunately someone is going to be pissed, and I don't think it should be those who have always supported the class and done things the old fashioned way
Old 09-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #205
Bruno 3776

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Re: Drag Pak/Cobra Jet FX classes

Out of curiousity, an older stocker that is running AA/SA or A/SA, wouldn't those cars have the option of moving down classes, in some instances to C/SA if they are a natural B/SA car?

If the older cars can run B/SA or C/SA, why continue to run up in AA/SA or A/SA at a disadvantage due to the current HP factoring issue?

I realize that the DP's have combinations that fit into lower classes, so there's really no avoiding the HP factoring issue all together but this was something that has been talked about numerous times while BS'ing in the pits.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #206
Bob Pagano
VIP Member

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

Because the C/SA DP ran a 9.70 something.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #207
Bruno 3776

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As stated, there's no way to completely avoid the situation as it stands today but a racer could lessen the probability of running a new car by switching classes. I could be wrong but it seems there are fewer of the new cars that classify into B/SA or C/SA compared to AA/SA and A/SA. I'd rather take my chance with one or two new cars in B/SA or C/SA versus 6 or 7 in AA/SA or A/SA. It won't help in class run-offs but could definitely help during eliminations.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #208
davidhuff

Liked 120 Times in 42 Posts

I met the Cour Racing Guys at Woodburn,OR this year and yes their new CJ is BAD *** and they work their *** off to make their new CJ go fast.They did not even know me at all and they gave me a complete tour of their new CJ.Thanks for being so friendly and treating me so nice.David
davidhuff is offline   Reply With Quote