HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-13-2024, 01:16 AM   #1
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Agent Orange

VA Plans to Expand Agent Orange Disability Benefits to Cover Exposure in a Dozen New States

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...of-canada.html
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:54 AM   #2
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 839 Times in 293 Posts
Default Re: Agent Orange

I just went to see a very good friend in the assisted care facility. He had a L-88 68 Camaro street car back in 68, and still has it. Light yellow with black interior. He put the motor in it, it wasn't an OEM. But it clicks off 11.60's. He's in the home because of Agent Orange. He has some kind of parkinson's. It only comes from agent orange. This guy was always built like a linebacker, and now he's ..... sad, just sad.. His wife tells me it will never get any better, only a slow shaking, quivering death. He can barely communicate because of whats its done to his vocal cords. They have never had any money, he's just an average old Joe. I hope the Government can help him, he certainly deserves it.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:07 PM   #3
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
I just went to see a very good friend in the assisted care facility. He had a L-88 68 Camaro street car back in 68, and still has it. Light yellow with black interior. He put the motor in it, it wasn't an OEM. But it clicks off 11.60's. He's in the home because of Agent Orange. He has some kind of parkinson's. It only comes from agent orange. This guy was always built like a linebacker, and now he's ..... sad, just sad.. His wife tells me it will never get any better, only a slow shaking, quivering death. He can barely communicate because of whats its done to his vocal cords. They have never had any money, he's just an average old Joe. I hope the Government can help him, he certainly deserves it.
See PM!
Old 02-14-2024, 03:20 PM   #4
Greg Reimer 7376
VIP Member

Liked 649 Times in 208 Posts
Cool Re: Agent Orange

These men gave all. Is there anything more contemptible, degenerate and despicable than any brand of government that would turn its back on those who fought and gave their all to defend us and then import a million or more people who have no respect for or good intentions for this, the greatest land in history on Earth? Something's wrong here.
Greg Reimer 7376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-14-2024, 06:08 PM   #5
Eddies66
VIP Member

Made contact with Jeff to see what I can do. Is the Veteran receiving Compensation and VA medical care is the spouse receiving caregiver compensation. Waiting callback from spouse.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:40 AM   #6
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts

Not trying to hi jack a thread but there has been a ton of advertising on TV about Camp LeJeune contamination cases--- on average how much money is in a settlement ??? Never hear any dollars but it must be very lucrative lotsa lawyers trying to get victims to sign up with them--- I know you can go to the VA or DVA Amer. Legion for assistance just curious how much money is involved---FED 387

PS And my sincere condolences to your friend
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 09:22 AM   #7
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 387 View Post
Not trying to hi jack a thread but there has been a ton of advertising on TV about Camp LeJeune contamination cases--- on average how much money is in a settlement ??? Never hear any dollars but it must be very lucrative lotsa lawyers trying to get victims to sign up with them--- I know you can go to the VA or DVA Amer. Legion for assistance just curious how much money is involved---FED 387

PS And my sincere condolences to your friend

I made contact with one of the legal firms with the intent to get a copy of the contract they are having people sign. The law firms are "ambulance chasers" they want 40% of anything you get. I have filed a claim with the VA for renal toxicity that has caused a loss of 50% of my kidney function. I have provided a nexus from my doctor, who conducted the findings, a report from the CDC and the EPA on there findings of how the trichloroethylene and benzene effects the body. These are the two agents that the dry cleaning contractor dumped into the ground water for almost two decades. If the claim comes back approved by the VA then the leg work has been done and I can file a claim directly against the US government without the need of a lawyer via the SF95 for the Camp Lejeune case, these forms are already printed with the amount of $100,000. If that is approved I with advise Vets to follow my lead and do the same.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:28 AM   #8
Jeff Niceswanger

I'm going to post this here so we all can see it instead of getting back with Eddie. Evia, Dave's wife called me and said "Dave was granted 100 percent full disability and we were told he gets the highest they can get in money plus all kinds of benefits! But thank you!!!" She also wanted me to thank Eddie for thinking of them.
Your a heck of a guy Eddie, thanks
Jeff
Old 02-15-2024, 09:45 AM   #9
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Niceswanger View Post
I'm going to post this here so we all can see it instead of getting back with Eddie. Evia, Dave's wife called me and said "Dave was granted 100 percent full disability and we were told he gets the highest they can get in money plus all kinds of benefits! But thank you!!!" She also wanted me to thank Eddie for thinking of them.
Your a heck of a guy Eddie, thanks
Jeff

If he is 100% she needs to apply for the "Caregiver" Program via the VA Form 10-10CG ( for herself). He can also apply for a grant to have the safety handles installed in the bathroom and shower and ramps.

Last edited by Eddies66; 02-15-2024 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:01 AM   #10
Jeff Niceswanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
If he is 100% she needs to apply for the "Caregiver" Program via the VA Form 10-10CG ( for herself). He can also apply for a grant to have the safety handles installed in the bathroom and shower and ramps.
Eddie, Expect a phone call, she will be calling you