HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
Darcy Clarke

Liked 422 Times in 29 Posts
Angry IHRA Division 6

The new schedule is out for IHRA Div 6 and it has 2 weekends only, one at Ashcroft and one at Edmonton. Both weekends will have a separate event on both Saturday and Sunday as well both events now are going to be combo races. This is very unfortunate as not only have we lost a (National Event) we have now lost separate classes. I had talked to Both Skooter and Mike Baker about what it would take to keep the classes separate, they never received any feedback from either track, as was willing to look for sponsorship.
Stock and Super Stock had the highest car counts at Edmonton as the traditional classes and yet they are going to run them separate. Last year there was little to no advertising about the Pro Am series and what the IHRA was offering as far as memberships, I think they and the tracks dropped the ball.

Darcy Clarke
6254 AA/SA SS/JA
Darcy Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool Re: IHRA Division 6

Yes but Edmonton gets a Nitro Jam and division 9 that typically draws close to 300 cars or more does'nt????????
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Mike Semeniuk

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: IHRA Division 6

The promotion of the Pro Am races in Ashroft and Edmonton last year were essentially non existent. Unless you frequented ClassRacer, or chated with other racers in the area - you would think those weekends were vacant. I don't recall one radio, tv or newsprint ad. ( or maybe thats the problem - there was only one). Combining S/SS and running them as a combo will reduce the overall car count because of the number of racers in this area who have cars in both classes - do the math people. If the reason for combining clases is a car count issue ( real or perceived) then the tracks and IHRA need to find the answers to these questions : what have we done in the past that if changed today, would bring back the racers we alienated? To what degree have we shown our appreciation to the racers who do race these events ? Have we corrected the perennial concerns - or just paid them lip service? How have we promoted this event? Most racers in this province are familiar with having to travel 14 hours one way to an NHRA National Event , or 11 hours one way to an NHRA division race - don't you think they would appreciate running their respective classes , at home, at an IHRA National or Pro AM race? Wouldn't it be nice if local fans got a chance to see local and visiting racers at home and not just read about them?? Edmonton has a long history of stock and superstock , ya just wouldn't know it in the last few years.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
Phillip marvetz

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I have very little interest in combo races. They may as well just create a stock appearing class and forget about all the rules if this is how these races are going to be handled. I think I'll just be going to some of the old times drags from now on. At least the Loafers race at Ashcroft is opened up to 1972 cars this year so I can run the old bracket car.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
Darcy Clarke

Very well said Mike!!!

Darcy Clarke
AA/SA SS/JA
Old 12-14-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
442OLDS
VIP Member

Liked 262 Times in 100 Posts
Talking Re: IHRA Division 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Clarke View Post
The new schedule is out for IHRA Div 6 and it has 2 weekends only, one at Ashcroft and one at Edmonton. Both weekends will have a separate event on both Saturday and Sunday as well both events now are going to be combo races. This is very unfortunate as not only have we lost a (National Event) we have now lost separate classes.
What would be even more "unfortunate" would be a schedule like IHRA Division 5.

When you get a chance,look at the IHRA Division 5 schedule and see what you think of that!
442OLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
Darcy Clarke

I understand what you are saying about division 5, I just don't want this to happen to division 6. With some work on all sides I think we could have a very good series. Our main problem is that we are Geographically challenged, which makes costs higher for Racers, IHRA and in some cases the tracks. The problem I see is if the Tracks, IHRA and the Racers all stand by blaming each other instead of trying to find some common ground to work with each other. I would truly like to see the classes run separate and if that means attracting outside sponsorship so be it, I will try my level best. I would like to see who would be interested in the series if they run separate eliminators? For all the folks that did not attend the Pro Ams last year and are considering them this year now is your time to speak up. The races last year were fun well run events that if well attended could become something that would grow.

Darcy Clarke
AA/SA SS/JA
Old 12-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #8
DemonChick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You S/SS guys/gals should post your thoughts on the Ashcroft forum, as the track operators are always willing to listen since they are also racers.
http://www.eaglemotorplex.com/forum/list.php?2

Start voicing your opinions/concerns now, if there is enough interest they just might have separate S/SS classes at their Pro Am race.

Good Luck!
DemonChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
Darcy Clarke

I figured I would post some good news that I received this morning from Mike Baker. They will run separate classes for both Stock and Super Stock at Ashcroft if we can come up with an additional 2k in sponsorship.

The Edmonton event will be run as separate classes thanks to IHRA stepping up. The main thing that we will need in as much support as possible for both events.

It would be nice to see both of these events well attended, remember these Events have separate races each day and have separate payouts and contingency. The IHRA staff that were at all 3 events last year were very helpful and went out of there way to make the events a success.

If anyone who may be interested and has any questions feel free to get a hold of me.

Darcy Clarke
AA/SA SS/JA
Old 12-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #10
55 Chevy

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

I will plan on being in Edmonton in August.

Allan

Last edited by 55 Chevy; 12-16-2011 at 11:42 AM.
55 Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote