HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-23-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
4284spd
VIP Member

Liked 4,108 Times in 929 Posts
Default Last Mile High Nationals

Makes me think about Orange Countys last night. Huge Funny Car field then everyone went nuts. With all these tracks closing, don't you think all quota's should be lifted? Let all the racers have a go at the hill?
Old 04-24-2023, 11:40 AM   #2
Lenny5160_v2

Liked 157 Times in 62 Posts
Default Re: Last Mile High Nationals

Last year there were 25 in Stock and 17 in Super Stock. Quota not really an issue there.
Old 04-24-2023, 12:50 PM   #3
4284spd
VIP Member

I know but it would be cool to see a large send off for the place!
Old 04-24-2023, 12:54 PM   #4
Ok stocker

Liked 101 Times in 24 Posts

I have been many times love the place and people. A small car count may allow me a opportunity to go. Always wanted to go there and compete not just be part of a team.
Ok stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:13 PM   #5
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 683 Times in 292 Posts

Someone on Moparts.com posted this:

This reply from Debbie Bandimere this morning, I asked if they had anything promising yet:

Nothing concrete but most likely east or north of Denver. We have had several encouraging meetings with county officials, even one this past week. Our heart and desires are to provide a place for our racers, fans, and sponsors to continue doing the sport we all love.

Thank you for your support!

Debbie Bandimere
Executive Team/
Nitro Knockouts Crew Chief
Phone: 303-697-6013 x 107
3051 S. Rooney Rd.
Morrison, CO 80465
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 04:47 PM   #6
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,669 Times in 1,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4284spd View Post
I know but it would be cool to see a large send off for the place!
Not sure everyone shares your enthusiasm for the mountain Bob. Oh, I am sure the locals like the track ,…. but there is something about leaving that starting line and thinking your car might be broke and not to mention pitting in a galaxie far,far, away ….
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:07 PM   #7
Demon340

Liked 94 Times in 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
Not sure everyone shares your enthusiasm for the mountain Bob. Oh, I am sure the locals like the track ,…. but there is something about leaving that starting line and thinking your car might be broke and not to mention pitting in a galaxie far,far, away ….
You didn't mention the June/July heat wave, telling your wife to use the porta potty, or pitting on chip seal that leaves your hands and trailer floor very black.
Demon340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-24-2023, 09:45 PM   #8
djm670

Liked 178 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
I always loved racing at the mile high nationals in Denver, it was always a fun race in the old days! Lots of Colorado and Nebraska friends participating in that race. Even made it to the finals in stock one year where I was the first to break out up there against my friend Mr. Steve Hahn. Used to laugh on the way up there, with the barometer making one complete revolution in a counter clockwise direction on the way. Friends like Rod and Jane Guilford, John and Carol Dusenbery, Rob Youngblood, Jim Hughs, Steve Couch, Marlin Bogner and many friends traveling with us from Michigan like Don Holben (RIP) who often traveled with us, great times. So we were a bunch slower than Michigan or the Coast, so what.. We all still qualified about the same.. It was such a cool venue. Remember tearing down after the final against Hahn under the tower bridge compliments of Jim Dale at 1 am in the morning. My wife hiked to the top of the ridge one year for something to do while we were racing. Said it was quite a view from up there. May go this year just to support one of my friends their be able to say I was at the last one! The end of an era in Colorado D5 drag racing! Sad but a sign of the times.

Last edited by djm670; 04-25-2023 at 12:44 AM.
djm670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:15 PM   #9
4284spd
VIP Member

Quote:
Trust me, not my favorite track by a long shot. I do appreciate the 65yrs in service. I just think a good send off would be cool!
Old 04-25-2023, 08:09 AM   #10
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,669 Times in 1,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm670 View Post
I always loved racing at the mile high nationals in Denver, it was always a fun race in the old days! Lots of Colorado and Nebraska friends participating in that race. Even made it to the finals in stock one year where I was the first to break out up there against my friend Mr. Steve Hahn. Used to laugh on the way up there, with the barometer making one complete revolution in a counter clockwise direction on the way. Friends like Rod and Jane Guilford, John and Carol Dusenbery, Rob Youngblood, Jim Hughs, Steve Couch, Marlin Bogner and many friends traveling with us from Michigan like Don Holben (RIP) who often traveled with us, great times. So we were a bunch slower than Michigan or the Coast, so what.. We all still qualified about the same.. It was such a cool venue. Remember tearing down after the final against Hahn under the tower bridge compliments of Jim Dale at 1 am in the morning. My wife hiked to the top of the ridge one year for something to do while we were racing. Said it was quite a view from up there. May go this year just to support one of my friends their be able to say I was at the last one! The end of an era in Colorado D5 drag racing! Sad but a sign of the times.
Very nice observation from a true legend of stock/superstock racing. For you youngsters out there. Don McElroy was Badazz back in the day.
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked