HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2022, 02:24 PM   #11
Charley Downing

Liked 625 Times in 86 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Sportsman Racer Advisory Council

You mean you want someone who agrees with you.
Daren all combos after 2008 are Charity, Specially all of yours, mine and everyone's else
You people really believe NHRA gives a s*** what that committee has to say. It’s just a feel good for NHRA to say look we care about sportsman racer. We have these groups for each style of racing. Then never do anything they bring up or make changes and never inform the committee about them until its a done deal which is more then likely ****** up. Which probably could have been done right the first time if just talked about with the committee.
If and I mean If NHRA wanted to help fix AHFS we would be running some kind of 48 or 64 qualified fields at national event letting 10 or so cars over the quote. or maybe not give racers a WHOLE season to manipulate run data so they can avoid needed HP. When are you guys going to learn its about what's EASY for NHRA not what's good for the class or the racers.

Last edited by Charley Downing; 01-09-2022 at 02:56 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:43 PM   #12
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,741 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
...Specially all of yours...
You kids!!

I tell you what. How about you let me know which class you want to run me in and I'll give you the opportunity to get me some HP the old fashioned way!
Old 01-09-2022, 03:14 PM   #13
Charley Downing

Sounds good FS/F in Gainesville. I will bring my 390 NHRA hp 302ci CJ and you bring your 370 something NHRA HP 350CI copo. Will run heads up you at 150-200 less lbs then me with 48 more CI. That sounds far.

The Class deal is all but dead, Heck NHRA can't even tell us where there so graciously going to let us compete for the $125 trophy and no contingency.
No money, haft the time they run out of trophy's and mail them to you. but what the hell i will run you if you want to flex that under factored COPO combo muscle who I'm I to stop you from beating your chest.

Last edited by Charley Downing; 01-09-2022 at 03:23 PM.
Charley Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:11 PM   #14
Glenn Briglio
VIP Member

Liked 822 Times in 264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS Inc View Post
Yep you're right. Was indexes. Does it matter? You still have 2 groups with their agendas. No side will make everyone happy. NHRA, SRAC, etc....damned if they do and damned if they don't!
You are correct many agendas. So put the issues up for a vote BY THE RACERS. Majority wins!!!!! And tell NHRA this is what the racers want. Isn't that what the SRAC should be doing. Telling Nhra what the racers want.

Last edited by Glenn Briglio; 01-09-2022 at 04:21 PM.
Glenn Briglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-09-2022, 04:31 PM   #15
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
You mean you want someone who agrees with you.
Daren all combos after 2008 are Charity, Specially all of yours, mine and everyone's else
You people really believe NHRA gives a s*** what that committee has to say. It’s just a feel good for NHRA to say look we care about sportsman racer. We have these groups for each style of racing. Then never do anything they bring up or make changes and never inform the committee about them until its a done deal which is more then likely ****** up. Which probably could have been done right the first time if just talked about with the committee.
If and I mean If NHRA wanted to help fix AHFS we would be running some kind of 48 or 64 qualified fields at national event letting 10 or so cars over the quote. or maybe not give racers a WHOLE season to manipulate run data so they can avoid needed HP. When are you guys going to learn its about what's EASY for NHRA not what's good for the class or the racers.
Charlie you still race? Class was bad enough without the new change to the AHFS. I hope to make it to Gainsville, but I won't even try to win class for the reasons you pointed out. Every year there seems to be a new agenda that takes away from the Stock I used to love. I'm on the 5-year plan. Just would like to get 5 more years in before Stock is ruined to the point, I won't want to race it. SAD
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 01-09-2022, 04:49 PM   #16
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,741 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Sounds good FS/F in Gainesville. I will bring my 390 NHRA hp 302ci CJ and you bring your 370 something NHRA HP 350CI copo. Will run heads up you at 150-200 less lbs then me with 48 more CI. That sounds far.

The Class deal is all but dead, Heck NHRA can't even tell us where there so graciously going to let us compete for the $125 trophy and no contingency.
No money, haft the time they run out of trophy's and mail them to you. but what the hell i will run you if you want to flex that under factored COPO combo muscle who I'm I to stop you from beating your chest.
The same 302 that started around 350 HP?

I'm not running the COPO 350 any more. I will gladly put my 302 COPO in F. You still have a weight disadvantage, but maybe it would be fun?

On the bright side, you've got a 50/50 chance I'll screw-up something!!

Last edited by GUMP; 01-09-2022 at 04:51 PM.
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:03 PM   #17
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,808 Times in 1,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
I'm on the 5-year plan. Just would like to get 5 more years in before Stock is ruined to the point, I won't want to race it. SAD
The way the world and NHRA are going, I hope that we're not all on the "5-year" plan!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:13 PM   #18
Charley Downing

Yea Barry i'm still racing now and then if that's what were calling it. Its pretty sad I go now more to see /BS with the older racers because there disappearing at an alarming rate the past few years.

Daren I forgot about that COPO 1.50 under 302 combo. Heck you should be able to out run my CJ by 4 tenths just in the weight difference. I have had my *** kicked before for class. but I will be in Gainesville.

But back to the issue at hand the SRAC will never mean anything. Because NHRA time and time again makes up rules and makes class changes without consulting with its members. Until that changes it doesn't matter who is on the calls or who is the div rep. Were stuck with certain NHRA leaders making decisions based on saving money and time.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:08 PM   #19
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 844 Times in 157 Posts
Talking Re: NHRA Sportsman Racer Advisory Council

Last edited by Lyn Smith; 01-10-2022 at 10:46 AM.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote