HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Could a class war in Super Stock be re-established?
Yes, with the right committe in place 53 49.07%
No, not worth the work or whining 18 16.67%
Things should stay as they are and all hope is lost for a SS/AA class war to work 10 9.26%
I could care less 27 25.00%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #31
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: True Class War: Pros, Cons, and Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen & Horace Johnson View Post
There is one thats goin to be in SS/A, ever heard of Evan Smith??? He should be done with his car by the end of the year and debut next year
Stephen and Horace, with all due respect to you as Super Stock racers, when I spoke to Evan at E-town; he said that the car would be ready for the Dutch Classic in late Oct., and that it would be SS/B car as originally reported. I realize that plans can change, if thay have, please advise. As a diehard Ford fan since 1962, I can hardly wait to see this car run.
PS - I am going to Indy and I also can't wait to see Paul Adams and Ray Pacquet with their T-bolts put a hurting on Ralph Porpora and Jimmy Bridges in SS/B.
Bill Seabrooks - superfan1
Superfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #32
Bob Rice

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: True Class War: Pros, Cons, and Why

Sure would be nice to see John Armstrong put a Jerico in his Corvette and run SS/B.
Bob Rice
Bob Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #33
Conway Witten

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

ED......
Let's get you "started" I am sure that you have a lot to say. I ported the heads on both Scotty Wilcox's and Tony Rhodes Corvette's. I made Jim Defrank sell his HEMIs in the 80's and build Chevrolets then he bought me a car to race. I'm sure that you have more insight than any body on this forum. I wished I could have known a "sage" like you when I was racing. Beating people like David Nickens, John Lingenfelter, Craig Liberty and Ron Kriser would have been easier with a "Head" like you.
By the way what is that thing that you have a picture of on your identity, I can't tell, it kind of looks kind of like the car off the Chevy Chase "Vaction" movies? I want to know something, how many of that car did they build? It don't look legal to me? Was it built as a race only or just a show car that was made into a race car by you?
Conway Witten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 PM   #34
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Cool Re: True Class War: Pros, Cons, and Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway Witten View Post
ED......
Let's get you "started" I am sure that you have a lot to say. I ported the heads on both Scotty Wilcox's and Tony Rhodes Corvette's. I made Jim Defrank sell his HEMIs in the 80's and build Chevrolets then he bought me a car to race. I'm sure that you have more insight than any body on this forum. I wished I could have known a "sage" like you when I was racing. Beating people like David Nickens, John Lingenfelter, Craig Liberty and Ron Kriser would have been easier with a "Head" like you.
By the way what is that thing that you have a picture of on your identity, I can't tell, it kind of looks kind of like the car off the Chevy Chase "Vaction" movies? I want to know something, how many of that car did they build? It don't look legal to me? Was it built as a race only or just a show car that was made into a race car by you?
Well you asked for it now I'll reply.I think you had better lay off the Kentucky moonshine you're obviously are downing.All I said in my first post was that all the hemi cars didn't go to high rollers.
I made no reference to anyone in perticular.
As far as my car goes it's a 1977 AMCremlin that has held the R/SA record and currently the T/SA record.That's the Wally on the hood for my win at Atco LODRS in 2006.It says "Powered by Social Security" on the hood.I've had a 2 digit # in NHRA Div. # and currently a 2 digit IHRA #.
Admiditly this year I'm biting the bird,but there's always next year.
Go back and read my post and enlighten me on what made you raid the jug in the barn.
you also seem to be a prolific name dropper. Ed F.

Seeing that you probably are as old as I am or maybe older I strongly suggest you go have a stress test and maybe take an anger management course.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA

Last edited by Ed Fernandez; 08-18-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #35
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,456 Times in 1,957 Posts

Conway has the Pete Maravich philosophy " It ain't bragging if you can back it up."
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #36
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Conway has the Pete Maravich philosophy " It ain't bragging if you can back it up."
Larry;
I think a course in reading comrpehension would go a long way.

Ed
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Old 08-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #37
Conway Witten

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Re: True Class War: Pros, Cons, and Why

Ed....
See how you are now? I said those things to provoke you into seeing how "you" east coast people see us. I will compare pedigrees with you or anybody any time, I am college educated and I have brushed my 3 teeth this week.
In 1975 Bernie Agaman and Claude Urvig ran corvettes out of Ralph Truppi's shop. Bernie had a LS-6 71 Corvette and Claude had a 70 LS-7 Corvette that ran SS/BA. The whole time Claude ran NOTHING was said about a 70 Corvette being legal. He set the record and won class and I''m sure out ran his share of HEMIs. So in 1985 I thought I could do the same thing, after all it had been legal for 15 years at the time, right? But I instantly went fast and beat all of the SS/BAs in class at the US nationals the second time I ran it. Of course nobody knew that I had been on Lingenfelter's dyno, and I knew before it ran it had the power to run fast.
In November I went and set the record in Suffolk VA and by the time Gainesville came around I had already researched running AA with a ZR-2 light weight road race option. I won class and out ran all of the AAs too. The next thing I knew, was all of this banning stuff being told to me, but it had been legal for 15 years, I bled. Chevrolet didn't make enough of them I was told. I thought it was OK for Claude to run one out of Truppi's shop why not me? It was because of where I lived and it made me feel the way that I made you feel.
So that is why it was and still is a very sore subject for me.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #38
charlie westcott

Liked 218 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Larry;
I think a course in reading comrpehension would go a long way.

Ed

If you are going to critisize someones grammar, you should at least spell it right. I dont really know conway, but mike pustelney told me we would get along real well. I think he deserves alot of respect for his accomplishments, and as larry said it aint braggin if you can back it up.
A gremlin? are you kiddin me? You are in no position to give anyone a hard time.
cw

http://hemimilitia.com/Index.html
charlie westcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:38 PM   #39
Conway Witten

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Charlie,
Thanks for the compliment, I'm making Mike some "water tight" heads. Ed is probably an OK guy for somebody that has a Rambler. Remember those Ramblers that Maskins raced in the 70's? I bet those things had leaky heads?
Also I knew a guy named Joe Williamson that had a 6 piece Boss head brazed into one head by somebody in Detroit. Who up there did those? It wasn't Batten, I was trying to remember. I might contanct them about brazing some super stock heads.
Do you port your own heads?
Old 08-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #40
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie westcott View Post
If you are going to critisize someones grammar, you should at least spell it right. I dont really know conway, but mike pustelney told me we would get along real well. I think he deserves alot of respect for his accomplishments, and as larry said it aint braggin if you can back it up.
A gremlin? are you kiddin me? You are in no position to give anyone a hard time.
cw

http://hemimilitia.com/Index.html
Wow now I'm being "straighted out" by Mr. Personality himself.
Look at my 1st post in this thread and tell me where I disrespected Conway.Iv'e seen your cars run and I
have nothing but respect for the way you can build,tune and drive your car.After that is taken into account
it all goes down hill.Unlike you I can count my true friends on more than one digit.You should be happy to get half the compliments on your car as I get on mine.Alot of people can go fast with a hemi.I choose to go fast in a 6 cylinder car.I know I cant go as fast as you but you cant go as fast as a Hemi funny car.
I sincerly hope Bucky kicks your arrogant *** for class at Indy.Goodbye Charlie.............................

Ed F.
aka Taco
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA