HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-20-2014, 12:51 AM   #31
Andrew Hill

Liked 170 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: This would be too cool!

As far as fans watching or not watching different classes, what are people's thoughts on the venue having an effect? Personally, I think it's way more impressive watching stock and super stock (most classes really) from the stands at Bowling Green, when you are super close to the track, than it is from the stands at Chicago or Indy, where you are much further away. Does anyone else think new tracks placing stands further back might be having an effect on the spectators' interest level?
Old 12-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #32
Dinsdale

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton View Post
Jason, the whole of Stock and Super Stock suffer from the 'allowables'. There are a million reasons why it happened over the last 60 years or so. Well maybe a few hundred anyway. Many things we take for granted today, were not allowed at some distant time. That would make for an interesting thing to create a post about what has changed in Stock and Super Stock since say 1955. Some of us were around. It might surprise everyone to see it in print, especially in this slow time of year.
I love this guy...

It's interesting how a Stock/SS forum seems to have all the answers for a Pro Stock problem given the above quote which is 100% accurate. Everything evolves and people are just now starting to think Pro Mod is something special. That class has been around for at least 15 years and finally it's getting noticed???

I've always loved Pro Stock and wish is was like the old days but there is nothing else that can compare. I've watched some Nostalgia Nitro cars where the crowd (okay 1/2 a crowd) went nuts when they ran a pass that wouldn't qualify for a Pro Stock field. Fans are fickle and fewer every year. Jet cars, wheelstanders and all the other circus acts can't keep people in their seats. The writing has been on the wall for this sport for a long time and many are to blame.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:05 AM   #33
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 226 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
I like the new factory cars and I loved the early years of Pro Stock. Could we be looking at it's return? http://www.dragracingonline.com/agen...xvi_12-17.html
The article clearly states, it's nothing but an unverified rumour.
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #34
D.Johns

Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hill View Post
As far as fans watching or not watching different classes, what are people's thoughts on the venue having an effect? Personally, I think it's way more impressive watching stock and super stock (most classes really) from the stands at Bowling Green, when you are super close to the track, than it is from the stands at Chicago or Indy, where you are much further away. Does anyone else think new tracks placing stands further back might be having an effect on the spectators' interest level?
That certainly helps me get more into watching. Feeling like you are part of the action adds to the excitement. I love going to Bowling Green, Norwalk and Indy. I don't like 1/8 mile tracks but Ohio valley is nice. Plan on doing testing there more this year.

BG- fun, racer family atmosphere and close to the action
Norwalk-fantastic facility!
Indy-home track and heritage
2014 Cobra Jet FS/XX #3345 STK/SS

Like us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel...25886327426822
D.Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #35
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts

I like the idea of real cars running pro stock. But I don't think it will lower the cost of pro stock like people think. What will happen when the big money pro stock teams get their hands on the new factory stock cars? It will turn into big money factory stock. Human nature is to keep searching for "better and faster" and that takes lots of money. Isn't that what teams are unhappy about? The cost of pro stock?

PS why do people like pro mod? It is a slower top alcohol with way more crashing and oil down delays.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #36
Superfan1
VIP Member

Liked 2,344 Times in 409 Posts
Smile Re: This would be too cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hill View Post
Andrew I agree, all classes are more impressive when the stands are closer to the track.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:52 AM   #37
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Knott View Post
Or maybe Michael Beard, Mike Carr, Jeff Ross, or any of the S/SS promoters can/will capitalize on this in the coming yrs.
As I said earlier in this thread, I think it's a great idea, HOWEVER, it needs racers to support it before you can have fans or sponsors. No product, no show.

Quote:
Does anyone else think new tracks placing stands further back might be having an effect on the spectators' interest level?
Absolutely.

There are different types of fans out there. Some prefer Nitro. Some prefer wall-bangers. Some prefer cars they can relate to. While everyone has their favorites, many people like more than one type. How do reach a wider market? Appeal to different types of fans. If your marketing focus is on Nitro, that's what you're going to get.