HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2022, 02:40 PM   #1
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 847 Times in 158 Posts
Talking Indy LODRS 2022

I just noticed, or actually my wife pointed out to me that the Indy Points race is now on the weekend of May 20th to 22. I'm fine with that along with other racers who wanted to go to the Virginia Nations. I happened to look at the track schedule and saw that now on the weekend of May13 to 15 is an event called the "Cleetus and Cars show". Had no idea what this was so I Googled it. Wow what a deal . Look this up. It is descibed as a"wildly popular event that evokes memories of a Joie Chitwood thrill show. Didn't see any ramp to ramp jumps but has burn out event, car show, grudge runs, jet cars that ends with a " demolition derby drag race" that requires the cars to make contact at least once as they go down track. That event is done on the circle track at IRP. It is sold out at a lot of venues it held at. Pretty crazy. Anyone been to one?
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:29 PM   #2
1matcoman

Liked 281 Times in 111 Posts
Default Re: Indy LODRS 2022

One of my customers, whom I would call a "casual" drag racing fan, attended one in Baytown (Houston) a couple of years ago. He said it was wild and crazy but characterized it as a total drunk fest. In his opinion, it was a "one and done" type experience. He did say that the required contact while going down the track was quite entertaining.

However, he said the place was as packed as much as an NHRA national event and I'm thinking with tracks needing the cash flow, it's totally understandable that they would want to host such an event.

Last edited by 1matcoman; 01-16-2022 at 12:31 PM.
1matcoman is offline   Reply With Quote