HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-04-2023, 12:38 PM   #1
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts
Default Kent Hanley.....

After giving it a lot of thought I voted for Kent Hanley. I have known him most of my racing life of 45 years. He is a performance guy but has not tried to push his own agendas. He has kept us informed threw texts and emails. When the reps had a say on some of the rules and changes, he has always asked for input from us. I emailed him the other day about a question concerning the AHFS. He texted Lonnie for some information and emailed me right back. I called him last night and he answered the phone while he was out to dinner with friends. After a long conversation I let him get back to eat. Anyone that knows Kent knows he is very professional, well respected by his racing peers and the NHRA Officials. I think the biggest misconception with all have of our Reps is that they can make and change rules that NHRA wants to incorporate into out classes. Thanks, Kent for the time you put in. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:44 AM   #2
Tim Barrett

Liked 329 Times in 59 Posts
Default Re: Kent Hanley.....

I'm not exactly sure what the function of this representative actually is. Initially I thought they were the direct contact to the NHRA for any issues that arise with us Sportsman that they can negotiate with the right person to make an issue acceptable and safe for everyone. It seems like someone thinks of a change and without consideration to the people it would affect just makes it the rule. It would be nice if,when we have a huge issue like AHFS and now the no blinder rule,our Representative could get together with the NHRA parties or officials and come up with a resolution that makes both parties happy and creates favorable rules for both sides. To many times,,way to many times we get an elected official that's tough or very sensible and wants the position or title,but when they get in and issues arise they loose the responsibility of what they were elected to do. To me,,we need a representatives that the NHRA will respect and listen to and use their suggestions in adjusting rules and situations to help improve and keep NHRA Sportsman Dragracing healthy.
Again to me,,I'd like to see a candidates record of accomplishments. We have rules changed or administered and create huge issues,,but no one has,on our behalf,has represented us,,that I've heard of,that the adjustments or amendments will create some issues that could be,again changed to benefit all parties and keep healthy interest in Sportsman Dragracing.
They say rules can't be changed without major consideration!!
Two years ago Linda and I were at Summit Motorsports Park. Jason Line was there getting recognition for his achievements throughout his career from Summit Racing and several other major Companies that supported him. We were talking with Jason,,he's a Super nice guy,and Ned Walliser,VP of Competition,came over and we were all talking about,,Sportsman Dragracing. LONG STORY SHORT,,he asked Jason when he was coming back to Stock Eliminator. Jason responded,, "You get rid of the AHFS and I'll be back tomorrow. Ned responded,,Oh we cant do that!! Jason again responded,"You guys can do what ever you want"!! Ned said,,"How about we appoint you head of a Sportsman group that can over see these rules and make changes based on your knowledge of Class Racing. Of course Jason said no and end of my Sunday rant!!!
PS,,,it does seem like we do have an official,Lonnie Grim,that is willing to listen to
Racers and has alot of Dragracing experience.
Tim Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 12:18 PM   #3
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,003 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: Kent Hanley.....

I can say Kent does a good job with being the SRCA rep for the D1 guys, I am on his e-mail list and he does communicate very well but always asks that things stay in that e-mail and not become public knowledge on a chat board. I can say him & Jack in the .90 portion have done the best they can to get the word out but, I am sure their hands are tied on what they can post.
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote