HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-08-2016, 07:51 PM   #101
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: TruSTART looks to level the playing field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Mike crosstalk = .5 tree, how? Faster car leaves on slow cars light, why, is it a distraction for the faster car to leave second? How did that happen. Looks like crosstalk is a rule for the faster cars
That's correct. Before CrossTalk, drivers of the faster car could still leave off their opponent's top bulb, but had to look across the tree to the other lane's top bulb, and some drivers complained that the angle of the bulb made it difficult for the to crossover. Either that, or if they weren't crossing over, they had to deal with the distraction of the opponent's top light coming on just before their own.

In delay box classes running CrossTalk, both top bulbs light simultaneously. The slower car's tree comes down normal. The faster car's top bulb stays lit for the time difference between the dial-ins. With a crossover delay box, you enter BOTH dial-ins, and your standard delay. The box does the math and adds the additional delay if you're the faster car.

Try footbraking in a Box class! On rare occasions, I've had to chase somebody. After being CrossTalked a couple of times, I learned that I was .040-.045 like clockwork every time my top bulb was "hanging". (I don't block the tree) The last time it happened, I took a couple of extra bumps, stood on the converter, and stabbed it to come up .001. Ended up winning that day.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:44 PM   #102
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mulry View Post
I'm not sure what you are talking about???????????

Could you please explain your statement....

Thanx,
Bob
Sorry I was bored and should have re-read my statement as it didn't make sense to me.
What I was getting at is the people complaining about worst red light rule should probably be complaining about worst break out rule also. Worst break out rule applies at finish line so why doesn't worst red light work on starting line? Both parts of track are very important in winning.
First to go red loses, so first to breakout should be the loser using the current red light theory.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:49 PM   #103
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
Sorry I was bored and should have re-read my statement as it didn't make sense to me.
What I was getting at is the people complaining about worst red light rule should probably be complaining about worst break out rule also. Worst break out rule applies at finish line so why doesn't worst red light work on starting line? Both parts of track are very important in winning.
First to go red loses, so first to breakout should be the loser using the current red light theory.

OK.................

I get it now.......

Worst break out = worst red light and both = a loss..............

Thanx,
Bob
Old 02-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #104
Jeff Stout
VIP Member

Liked 655 Times in 255 Posts

4444 Norman Marsden 791 Adam Emmer E4 -0.002 10.333 127.08 -0.007 10.140 131.13 SS/KA
This is 4th round in super stock. If truestart was in effect the outcome would be reversed.
Jeff Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #105
Lenny5160

Liked 432 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Stout View Post
4444 Norman Marsden 791 Adam Emmer E4 -0.002 10.333 127.08 -0.007 10.140 131.13 SS/KA
This is 4th round in super stock. If truestart was in effect the outcome would be reversed.
Don Keen also fell to Abe Loewen in round 1 of SS, although Loewen's red was worse.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:25 PM   #106
The Hawk
VIP Member

Liked 235 Times in 102 Posts
Send a message via AIM to The Hawk

The one NHRA Class I can see affected the most would be Comp Eliminator.

It`s Not What You Drive That Wins....It`s How You Drive It
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #107
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

If I am spotting a slower car, and catch a glimpse of their red light, I just leave. I'm not sitting there on the 2 step for nothing. I win, I'll go down there and practice putting a couple of feet on them at the stripe. My red will most always be worse than theirs. Depending on the handicap as to how much. I'm not the only one that does that. It may not reverse as many losses as some say. Since I normally leave first, I would still be in favor. I think if the red light display were delayed it would put an end to that. The worst red light rule, with the red light display delayed until after the second car leaves could not hurt a thing. Probably more fair. Guys with eight second cars may not be in favor for obvious reasons. Can't really argue it would not be fair, IMHO.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:48 PM   #108
John L Kelley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
It seems this debate keeps popping up and yet, as we all know, nothing will change. But for the sake of argument let's understand what "some" of the slower car racers would like to see happen in a performance oriented sport..
Handicap racing is a "PERFORMANCE ORIENTED SPORT" ???? Really.....?
We know why it's been this was for years, they didn't have any wat to correct it ... NOW WE DO !!
I think a letter writing campaign to Peter Clifford is in order to get this CHANGED !
Discussing it here is doing nothing .......
Old 02-14-2016, 10:45 AM   #109
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,458 Times in 1,958 Posts

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!! Leave ''class racing'' alone.

If the bracket folks want, crosstalk, delay boxes, sand boxes, down tack boxes, gps, trustart, air shifters, and the rest, have fun.

If you want to class race get a rule book and build or buy something, you will be glad you did.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #110
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L Kelley View Post
Handicap racing is a "PERFORMANCE ORIENTED SPORT" ???? Really.....?
We know why it's been this was for years, they didn't have any wat to correct it ... NOW WE DO !!
I think a letter writing campaign to Peter Clifford is in order to get this CHANGED !
Discussing it here is doing nothing .......
Yeah, that will get results for sure! Clifford is even more insulated than Compton, if that is imaginable. All he wants from the Sportsman racer is absolute silence. In fact, he would like us to be invisible but the pesky little non profit status prevents that from happening. And the very last thing he wants is a sordid little red light controversy.