HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-20-2021, 06:39 PM   #1
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts
Default NHRA contingency

This is a hint for everyone with decals on, trying to win and get paid.

Take your phone with you on the final round win or loose you will get paperwork to fill out. Take a picture of the sheet after you are done and the tech has signed!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to collect monies from 2 wins this year. The first race i did not have my phone with me and did not get a photo, it was getting late and after winners pics i asked for a copy of the sheet, telling them i have had issues before, was told it will be emailed to me, i asked if i could go get a copy, Told no it was now in the tower and can't go in because of covid 19. Oh well, they told me i would get a copy in my e-mail. I had got e-mails before with the info so why would this be any different? Nope nothing, got most of my checks so i didn't care and was very busy. Now i won another race later in the season, i still haven't got a check from it and no e-mail with copy, but this time i took a picture of my claim sheet AFTER signed by tech. so i have several e-mails to nhra, this person (DKennedy) has been rather good to work with and seems like he is willing to help. He sent me a claim sheet e-mail that shows what i claimed. now this is not the original paperwork just a list. about 5 claims were not listed that i had checked off. He is trying to help,
Now i asked him today why did stuff get changed from my original?
He passed this to a mrs Dempsey who did find the original and agreed to help change some of their mistakes.

Now she also sent me a message : "just a friendly reminder to please take a thorough look at what the tech marked off to make sure it is accurate, if there is anything missing
please point it out to him so he can correct it before you sign it."

Are you kidding me!!!!!!! Nothing was missing, i have the proof, i took a photo. the changes were made after it was signed and handed over to who knows who.

Moral of story, Please take a photo of your sheets!!!
This has happened to me before and i am pretty adament about getting that sheet right and double cheking what the tech has marked before i sign.
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 07:29 PM   #2
Chip THELEGEND Johnson

Liked 280 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: NHRA contingency

I didn't get email this year but last year I did
Chip THELEGEND Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:22 PM   #3
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,649 Times in 521 Posts

Yes all years before we would get the electronic copy shortly after the event
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:03 AM   #4
Mark Lewis

Liked 184 Times in 37 Posts

Do you think we will have to worry about that this year?
Mark Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:39 AM   #5
Robin Lawrence
Sponsor

Liked 621 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lewis View Post
Do you think we will have to worry about that this year?
Not if you don't win! LOL

Seriously, Working on Contracts with David Kennedy as we speak.

Ours will be the same as last year.

Robin
Old 01-21-2021, 10:34 AM   #6
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,705 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip THELEGEND Johnson View Post
I didn't get email this year but last year I did
Chip, here’s who you need to email about it.

edempsey@nhra.com

I didn’t race last year after the Baby Gators but received my emailed claim form only 4 days after my class win.

Thanks for the tip Keith, filed under “trust but verify”.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:26 PM   #7
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts

I had the same missing info happen to me a few years back and it was with Simpson and when they were paying for all Simpson items. Helmet Jacket/Pants Belts
I only received contingency for one of the items claimed and they paid only one item.
I tried for almost a year to get it straight with Simpson and NHRA and Simpson was even contacting NHRA along with me and it was never resolved.
Taking the picture is a good idea however, I do not carry my phone with me as I race.
The wife is going to have to take care of me on that.
She has been good this year at taking photo's in the final rounds as K&N now requires photo's posted to social media to collect the contingency they post.
Just another photo of the contingency sheet should not be an issue as long as one of us remembers to do it.
Hopefully we all get to have the chance to get to race and make some final rounds in 2021.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 08:22 PM   #8
flash

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

this is good info! planning on winning
flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:29 AM   #9
MacNicol Racing

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts

I've been going through the same issues. I've only received about 4-5 checks from Rockingham divisional (Oct) and ZERO checks from the Allstars R/U. We took a picture of the form from the divisional but not the Allstars (big mistake). I have not gotten the email conformations at all this year. Was told by Mr. Kennedy that the forms for the Allstars race haven't even been sent out to the manufactures as of December! NHRA's contingency program need some major work...and to use "Covid" as an excuse to not sending out forms/checks is complete BS in my opinion.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:26 AM   #10
Dale Hulquist

Liked 348 Times in 74 Posts

Quote: I've been going through the same issues. I've only received about 4-5 checks from Rockingham divisional (Oct) and ZERO checks from the Allstars R/U. We took a picture of the form from the divisional but not the Allstars (big mistake). I have not gotten the email conformations at all this year. Was told by Mr. Kennedy that the forms for the Allstars race haven't even been sent out to the manufactures as of December! NHRA's contingency program need some major work...and to use "Covid" as an excuse to not sending out forms/checks is complete BS in my opinion.
And I agree with your comment about it being BS but, I've been told by many sponsors that they didn't receive any of the contingency sheets from March of last year until late Dec from NHRA .They were unsure who won what race and if the product was claimed and the decal was on the car and signed by a NHRA rep.

4006 Stk
4006 S/Stk

Last edited by Dale Hulquist; 01-22-2021 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Trying to highlite orignal posters comment
Dale Hulquist is offline   Reply With Quote